Volvo F10,F12,F16

Poor old Bubbles selling all there nice old motors cheap as the economy over that ways ■■■■■■■ I remember when a tyre was 3 times the price over there to here. I sold my F89 with a piston picked up to Theo for £1200 around 1991 I wonder what it would be worth now??

flysheet your 89 would be worth hell of a lot more now try buying parts for one

adr:
A nice project for someone, at 1st glance seems very tidy still! Is this ex-Mike Brown, owner driver used to pull for SCAC? Loooks like it to me.

ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-F16-/32 … 4ab1304d8e

Already up to a little over £10,000 with over six days to go!! any predictions on finishing price??

I’ve been offered £15,000 for my 1994 lhd 4x2.

Ross.

A couple of pics I’ve dug out of the loft.

found these on the net

rward:
flysheet your 89 would be worth hell of a lot more now try buying parts for one

I’ll bet it would be, Theo removed the cab as it was in good nick & put it on a local 89 chassis I used to see it regularly pulling a tank trailer round Athens/Piraeus it still had all the stickers in the side windows.

Danscania:

only just noticed address - we delivered the (first?) 3 windmills at the top of your village back in :open_mouth: 1999 - quite a long reverse because we were told by borderwind not to ask you whether we could try turn around in your yard :laughing:

my dad was transport manager & a driver at reeves, i would love a f10 one day to resor in there livery.

this was the only f10 they had with a deflector kit on.

this one was jacknifed into the back of somthing or a bridge if i remeber right. the driver walked away.

steelboyf10:

I think this is what you were hoping for steelboy F10;)

Ross.

‘img tags’ can be tricky till you get used to how they work:)

jj72:

Danscania:

only just noticed address - we delivered the (first?) 3 windmills at the top of your village back in :open_mouth: 1999 - quite a long reverse because we were told by borderwind not to ask you whether we could try turn around in your yard :laughing:

Hi jj72. yes, we stopped the wind farm traffic turning in our yard because the vehicles were always chewing up the ground and was of no benefit to us. The wind farm contractors reversed into one of our vehicles then drove off and denied the incident. My Grandfather saw it happen and the police were involved, hence you weren’t able to turn around. Who were you driving for. I have some photos somewhere but cant lay my hands on them.

My F16,
Rowland.

[attachment=2]CIMG6072.JPG[/attachment]

thanks Ross, persky Img Tags ! dohhhhhhh

B662MJF was bought from Hartshornes of Walsall as part of the refleeting of Bass Charrington. It was 4 years old so the date of purchase was about 1988 (ignore foto date) and I think the price was £9500 This vehicle was based in London and was low mileage but probably was worked hard in traffic.

It went to work straight away, brown truck with a brown driver! It got painted later…black! One engine rebuild (part paid for under warranty), a fuel pump failure (Spain) and a clutch. Not bad as we managed to treble the mileage sending it all over Europe.

One of J W Pallets. Pat Pallets Dad

scan0019.jpg

Gt Yarmouth F10, another firm you wont see any more.

Danscania:

jj72:

Danscania:

Hi jj72. yes, we stopped the wind farm traffic turning in our yard because the vehicles were always chewing up the ground and was of no benefit to us. The wind farm contractors reversed into one of our vehicles then drove off and denied the incident. My Grandfather saw it happen and the police were involved, hence you weren’t able to turn around. Who were you driving for. I have some photos somewhere but cant lay my hands on them.

It was G E Curtis from Crowle who did the transport for me of the long tower, OTS from Scunthorpe did the smaller ones - all from Spain

F10 on the way to Barrow in Furness

Rear view