Van renewal

My 51 Sprinter has over 300k on the clock and it seems that every month I’m having to change, repair something that has broken or failed in the last month.
The latest being an oil cooler bursting and filling the radiator and engine compartment with oil 7.00 in the morning on the A20 near Chateauroux.
E600 later I’m thinking I should be organising a replacement. Does anyone have a favourite way of renewing their vehicles either buying or leasing and could they recommend a reputable dealer?
I’m a one man, one vehicle company so any mass deals to bring down prices isn’t on…
If this thread has been gone over in detail before please point me in the right direction.
Cheers.

Go for another Sprinter, if you can get a good deal for one. Dan Punchard a member on here is your man for advice on vans. If it was me I would go for a new Sprinter or a Transit, both have a good reputation with a good network of dealers.

I.ve just bought a new transit custom limited, very nice bit of kit at 18k ex vat, new mercs are a lot more expensive and dont seem to do anything to justify the extra money

Have you looked at iveco I have been running them for a few years now and had no chew at all

chaversdad:
I.ve just bought a new transit custom limited, very nice bit of kit at 18k ex vat, new mercs are a lot more expensive and dont seem to do anything to justify the extra money

Except for lasting up to 3-6 times longer.

Dan Punchard:

chaversdad:

your having a laugh lol most of the new sprinter are rushing to hell 57/58/59 and even the odd 60 reg :blush: :open_mouth: and the biggest down side the new mercs only have a payload of 1060kgs :unamused:

my 60reg ■■■■■■ 140 limited h/r had it from new 320.000 miles and in this mileage she has had nothing apart from a full service every 18k brakes discs and tyres, it has 2 rush marks above the window from stone chips, still runs and drives perfect everything still works on her and still doing 28mpg

its all down to do you need cube or do you need to carry weight

Dan Punchard:

chaversdad:

I own two Sprinters, and in the past have owned two Transits. I found all of them to be good vehicles and they will do high mileage if they are well maintained. I would go for the Sprinter for build quality.

It seems like it’s personal preference really. I’m a big fan of Renault Master, I’m down to the last of our Sprinters.

I sold a Master last year, 55 plate, body was mint apart from a small ding, 365,000 miles on the clock and the engine was still sweet, original gearbox.

I usually expect to get around 300k out of them at least. As Dave says, servicing is the key, we service around 12,000 miles as opposed to the 18,000 recommendation. Im not getting more miles out of a Sprinter tbh and the last one I sold on a 57 plate was in shocking condition bodywise.

My other point is that you are spending a lot of time in the motor, factor your comfort in as well.

Yes the new mercs are not as good as what the op has already got presuming its a 4 cyl and not the mighty 5 cyl ,I’d have the V6 otherwise give the Iveco a try ,3 years unlimited Milage warranty on both ,and the iveco is cheap in comparison ,jplh-123 has a daily 35 150 and it’s been very good so far .

forgot if you get the new transit your a brave man if you park it outside your house :blush: :cry: :laughing:

Thank you all for your replies. I think a major part of the decision is comfort. After driving a transit for a couple of years I definitely go for a Sprinter and any new vehicles will have a three year warranty/breakdown guarantee.
Ok, leasing versus buying?

limited transit has heated seat :grimacing:

burnley-si:
forgot if you get the new transit your a brave man if you park it outside your house :blush: :cry: :laughing:

Why’s that in case some Labour politician tweets a photo of it? :laughing:

muckles:

burnley-si:

Why’s that in case some Labour politician tweets a photo of it? :laughing:

lol :laughing: they are pig ugly

Cheeky sod , mines a very nice shade of blue :smiley:

New citreon fully loaded can be had for 15 k plus vat fuel and payload is better than the sprinter too.

Think ill stick with my connect for a bit though

chaversdad:
Cheeky sod , mines a very nice shade of blue :smiley:

ive always had transit, but my god what the hell have they done to the looks :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :cry: