Iveco Daily

Hey guys, anyone on here recommend a Iveco daily say a 2009.I’m after a SWB one for a daily driver or are they best avoided?

If it’s low mileage tread carefully.
Go full dealer service history etc.

Anything else I recommend a match and petrol.
Sprinters and transits better build.

I broke down in an Iveco 2 years ago,the thing has beenback to the main dealer 8 times since and it still doesnt work very well.I would have the 3 pointed star instead.

Sprinters can be a pain in the hoop too! Seen loads broken down, been in a few too. I would try the Citroen. Millions of Eastern Europeans can’t be wrong!

bertiebus:
If it’s low mileage tread carefully.
Go full dealer service history etc.

Anything else I recommend a match and petrol.
Sprinters and transits better build.

Sprinters slide around like mad when there’s nothing in the back. Easily corrected but I know it’d pee me off after a bit.

Vauxhall Movano at work is quite nice to drive. Quick off the mark too.

But you can stand and watch the Sprinter rust …

Sold my Movano now but agree it was a good van and very good on fuel and could go like stink, got a Transit now and not so good but same size engine.

Cheers for replys guys would love a sprinter but a decent one would be out of my budget,not really keen on French stuff (been there done that) I never thought of a movano another good option.

Sprinter every time older the better .

One of the problems is with vans nowadays is they swap the parts around from one make to another so you don’t really know who’s made what !

Well it all depends on what you want in a van , daily is built on a chassis and is a workhorse compared to a sprinter etc sprinter are more driver friendly faster etc , sprinter will rust more cost more to buy and when they go wrong can be very expensive , normally I take my budget and see what I can buy for it ,the lower the miles the better and it usually works out that you can buy a low mileage Iveco for less money than a high mileage merc , I personally buy low mileage rather than brand and therefore have 100% Iveco trucks and vans , as I say not the most driver friendly but good workhorses they have turned out to be , just be carefull as there are quite a few ex waterboard low mileage Dailys around that age that the floor will be rotten in around the back axle due to water ingress from water pipes being repaired in the back of the vans

I have a MWB high roof 60 reg master we’ve had from brand new, done 188,000 miles (ish) now and it’s never let us down all its ever needed is regular servicing & maintenance and is highly equipped as well to say it’s standard spec. Brilliant van that zips along :slight_smile: Ryan

I wouldn’t choose an Iveco.

I used to go back and forth UK - Italy/Greece with an exTransco gas Daily 50C11 . Bit juicy though but with a six speed box a good cruiser and it was unlimited. Tough old beast, passed 2 MOT’s with no advisories.

Did 800 mile drag in it once with only coffee/fuel stops, still felt reasonably fresh at destination.

Turbo started to make a racket once just past Mont Blanc tunnel but still managed to get to bottom of Italy OK.

It had done 180k miles so it could be forgiven and the only other thing that packed up was the fan clutch.

It was silly stuff that was a nuisance - the side sliding door catches always seemed to need adjusting etc.

I’ve been running a VW LT28 SWB for the past 3 years; Sprinter bodyshell, VW engine. Takes a fully-fitted Harley Electraglide in the back, without having to remove the screen; steering lock is superb and it fits into a supermarket car parking bay with ease. Mine’s an ex disabled minibus, has the removable seats on sliding rails in the floor so can be converted into a 7-seater; best all-round vehicle I could wish for.

I get 32 mpg average; only downside to it is that mine’s the non-turbo SDI version, struggles a bit on hills but will cruise 60 all day on the flat. Only other slight disadvantage is the overall height, won’t fit in a multi-story car park.

They don’t come along very often but IMO are a decent alternative to a Sprinter and often cheaper.