User names..

I used to do pick and mix market stall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m exceptionally good looking.

A.

Conan the Librarian:
I stole mine from a name I used to hear on Sally Traffic, years ago…

Whatever happened to her btw, has she retired? Not a regular listener to R2 nowadays, but not heard her for ages when I’ve dipped in and out.

Think she’s on at weekends now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

For those that know football nick names that where I get mackem from…and as for mad, well, this season sums it up.

My late father always called me Geoffo. My names Geoff.

■■■■■■■■ was taken! :open_mouth:

Innocently mine comes from other drivers taking the ■■■■ out of me for not checking the oil when I was a young green trucker.

It got to the stage where any vehicle low on oil must have been driven by me at somepoint.

Also I’m a bit half soaked, daft and laid back in the real world.

Once upon a time the phrase “Hey Dip you daft ■■■■■ get the coffees in…” could be heard ringing across the workshop.

Good times when men where men and women could be goosed in the workplace, before the world went PC mad…

I wear lots or orange

I was first known as “Winseer” on line from early 1986, right after the Challenger Disaster, which was the first subject I posted online about.

I was already using the character Winseer from a multi-user-dungeon type game known as Shades, but the name stuck as suitable for my main on-line identity, as I was putting so many hours into my textual ramblings already by that point.

The name came down to my ambitions for “making it rich by trying to see an unlikely future that others overlook”. I’ve made a few quid on Gold and Oil over the years - but donked it away on things like Euros and Cattle. I noticed early on that the big moves in the markets tend to be the “down” moves. The risk then is “buying” stuff and sitting on it so long that each day that passes makes being “Blown up by a crash” more likely. I prefered to pick something that I thought would be a big loser - and short it on the futures market. “Trying to predict an unlikely black-swan type future event” became my action of “Being a Seer to Win” and the name came from that.
In betting terms, that means I might bet on horses with outsider prices. In investment terms, I will of course be playing the futures markets rather than trying to buy shares in companies I have not even heard of.

To make money - your views have got to disagree with those of most people… And be correct of course!
If you just play along with the herd - you’ll go broke slowly always - because you’ll always be last in at the top and miss everyone else getting out, eventually finding yourself bailing at the bottom.
With the gee gees - bookmakers make the most money when favourites get beat, especially beat by outsider “rags”. It occured to me that since you don’t see many poor bookies - chasing what they chase seems to be a more sensible method of picking selections… I’ll rule out the horses shorter than 12-1 and then pick the best of the bunch out of those. Funny thing is - no official “tipster” ever habitually tips outsiders. They’ll always go for one of the fancied horses, which, let’s face it - anyone can do. Why pay to be told something you can do yourself?

The market be it financial or betting - is a jungle though. You make the most money from people who bet loads - and get it wrong - providing you act as counterparty to them! :wink:

daftvader:

Conan the Librarian:
I stole mine from a name I used to hear on Sally Traffic, years ago…

Whatever happened to her btw, has she retired? Not a regular listener to R2 nowadays, but not heard her for ages when I’ve dipped in and out.

Think she’s on at weekends now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ah ok thanks :arrow_right:

No prizes for guessing mine [emoji28]
Yes I used crash my mountain bike a fair bit, thankfully only had one motoring accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For claiming a distance say to a pub or shops etc was only a short walk most of my colleagues would vehemently disagree, as for most of them anything over 13.6m would be considered a long way probably even requiring a smoke break on route.

isaac hunt:
Like the OP I just use my own name.

Either you’re telling fibs or your parents had a wicked sense of humour. :stuck_out_tongue:

i drove for Carryfast,North Kilworth back in the '80’s…and i had a lot of hair back then :smiley:

One of the less glamourous bits of machinery on the submarines i served on.

Bilgepump:
One of the less glamourous bits of machinery on the submarines i served on.

Sumbra reens? That’s pretty James Bond. You could’ve chose some components like “Torpedo tube” or “periscope” or, “ballast tank boy”

Still. bilgepump is more glamourous than “small underwater toilet”

I have no imagination, so when i signed up i was the newboy too this site

Mines my initials and year of birth.
I was new at the internet when I joined and knew little of usernames etc.

Anyone remember that guy that posted on here for a while smashed crab face I thought that was a great name.
Quite a funny chap too

I once did a fair bit of traveling many moons ago and on an island in the andaman sea a girl from New Zealand said I was like driftwood, I remember her well :stuck_out_tongue: I still wear a necklace she gave me.
People just shortened it to Drift and it’s been like that for years.

Because anywhere I go people always say “Aye up, here comes Trouble” … It just kinda stuck :laughing: :laughing: