Explain your user name

as it says, what is the meaning behind it… i’ll start with mine m.a.n rules, bit of a double meaning really 1. being the best motor i have driven over the years a f90 362 with e.t.s .2,bit of a m/f joke… :smiley:

I was a driver for Atlas express

I owned a BMW 740i when i first joined a BMW forum,used the same username since.

I used to be Chairman Mao. After enslaving a nation and ruthlessly killing any opposition I decided that driving lorries would allow me more time to devote to my passion of traffic jams, roadworks and stroppy planners. So far so good.

My nickname is maca but i pressed the “g” by mistake :laughing:

william the conqueror gave me my surname in 1066 my parents did the other part :laughing:

the maoster:
I used to be Chairman Mao. After enslaving a nation and ruthlessly killing any opposition I decided that driving lorries would allow me more time to devote to my passion of traffic jams, roadworks and stroppy planners. So far so good.

sensible reasons only, i know thats hard for you mate but c’mon open up… :unamused: :laughing:

The Green Devil was a Karrier Dual Tip dustcart that used to serve our village when I was a kid and started my interest in wagons. It could sometimes be seen heading for the council tip at an alarming rate of knots with smoke pouring from the back end because the load was on fire, caused by somebody putting hot ashes in their bin. The drivers, Kieran McLoughlin and Brian McCann, always seemed to make it before the whole lot went up. Ray Smyth might remember it if he is reading.

When I started my first job tramping for 2 weeks my then girlfriend in a fit of rage threw a Yorkie bar at me and said “if you wanna ■■■■ off and be a lorry driver here is a yorkie bar to get you started!” before storming off. lol I never saw her again after that.
The MSG part is a clan tag from an old computer game.

m.a.n rules:

the maoster:

sensible reasons only, i know thats hard for you mate but c’mon open up… :unamused: :laughing:

Alright, alright, enough of the mental torture already!!!

Truth is I used to work at a place with a bloke who was pretty much an object of ridicule, he was also a medic in the TA but had a habit of telling anyone who’d pay attention that he was in fact SAS/SBS/ MI5 or whatever. He also bore an uncanny resemblance to the aforementioned Chinese tyrant but also used to frequent this forum. I heard about it and came here with that username with the express intention of winding him up. Unfortunately as I arrived here he, in turn disappeared. I found that I really liked the forum and stayed.

There, I’ve unburdened myself Father :smiley:

m.a.n rules:
as it says, what is the meaning behind it… i’ll start with mine m.a.n rules, bit of a double meaning really 1. being the best motor i have driven over the years a f90 362 with e.t.s .2,bit of a m/f joke… :smiley:

An MAN is the best motor you have driven.

OMFG my awe has been struck.

I do hope this is you being ironic??

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:

m.a.n rules:

I think mr man is talking about 290s 320&331 not modern poop :laughing:

polytrotter:

m.a.n rules:

You know what? In my time I’ve driven (and more importantly lived in) lots of “premier” motors from 141 Scanias, bonkers Iveco Turbostars, equally bonkers (at the time) F16 Volvos, through to new gen Scannies, Merc Craptros etc but for sheer civility, living space and good manners my current 18 plate MAN TGX 500 honestly takes some beating! Yeah of course it has it’s foibles (show me a truck that doesn’t) such as a steering wheel from an ocean liner, but it’s relaxing and doesn’t stress me, which is all I want nowadays.

Shaddap Dan! ^^^ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Robert is my name, got shortened to Rob as a kid, then my Granda used to call me Robroy as a nickname, so then some thought my name was actually Roy, so now I get either Rob or Roy from different people.
Always caused confusion. :unamused: :smiley:

So nowt to do with being Scottish (I aint btw) or wearing a kilt (only at weekends) or wielding a ■■■■ great sword (only when I get angry). :smiley:

Anyhoo, My friends call me Roy…, (so you lot can call me Rob. :sunglasses: )
:laughing:

Oh yeh,.an XXL MAN cab is the best on the market for a tramper I reck.
You can get 2 drivers and 3 women in there on a night out…so I’m told. :smiley:

polytrotter:

m.a.n rules:

do you even know what e.t.s stands for…■■

I think mr man is talking about 290s 320&331 not modern poop :laughing: quote punchy…

i see your point dan but is deffo a f90 362 and in later years a 401 roadhaus, :sunglasses:

robroy:
Robert is my name, got shortened to Rob as a kid, then my Granda used to call me Robroy as a nickname, so then some thought my name was actually Roy, so now I get either Rob or Roy from different people.
Always caused confusion. :unamused: :smiley:

So nowt to do with being Scottish (I aint btw) or wearing a kilt (only at weekends) or wielding a [zb] great sword (only when I get angry). :smiley:

Anyhoo, My friends call me Roy…, (so you lot can call me Rob. :sunglasses: )
:laughing:

Oh yeh,.an XXL MAN cab is the best on the market for a tramper I reck.
You can get 2 drivers and 3 women in there on a night out…so I’m told. :smiley:

i am gonna call you BOB from now on… :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s an improvement to what I have been called on here. :smiley:

I ripped my middle finger off .