Unsure what to do

cooper1203:
Having been messed around by one agency and lost my position at the placement I had because of them I am now out of work since just after xmas. I have been ringing my local agencies almost on a daily basis because I am stupid enough to believe their lies. I was promised work for Monday and just been told im not wanted due to level of experience even though they allegedly spoke to the company I was to be set to on Tuesday just gone. So quite clearly more agency lies.

I am almost to the point where I am on my last tin of baked beans and quite frankly fed up with it all.

Do I go back to warehouse work and get messed around some more or do I stick to my guns and keep trying for class 2
coop

That sounds pretty crap mate to be skint to that extent because of this job, but with agencies it’s the nature of the beast, they will ■■■■ drivers about with contempt more often than not, and imo are just ■■■■ parasites on your wages.

As has been said, go for the direct employment route, I don’t know which area you live in, you say you’ve exhausted all the transport firms, and I ain’t calling you a liar either, but there has got to be one haulage outfit within a car journey’s radius that will take on a driver. :bulb:
For all you know, you could even have missed an opportunity where some driver jacked the day after you contacted that particular firm, so keep calling round to them all in person, again and again to the point of making a nuisance of yourself, plus they will see you are serious and keen.
I’d go as far as to virtually guarantee you’ll get a bite somewhere eventually, rather than giving up telling yourself there is nothing…
…even if it’s at the bottom end of the food chain, it’s experience and you always stand a better chance of a job when you are in a one.
So my advice would be get out there and persevere,.and ■■■■ the agencies…something WILL turn up.
Good Luck mate.

As the old adage goes “if you keep knocking on enough doors, eventually someone will let you in”

cooper1203:

cav551:
There is a large Tesco home shopping depot on the Quarry Wood industrial Estate in Aylesford. There won’t be class 2 work but the turnover of drivers for all the supermarkets is quite high for this line of work. It may be a wolf from the door job but it is at least keeping you driving. Thinking parcels and Pallet Distribution so there is TNT in Hall rd Aylesford. You could try Lenham Storage, Shakespeare and Castledean (both Aylesford), all have fleets of rigids. Claygate bathroom fittings Distribution (nice people) at Marden are all 7.5t and vans but have a large fleet with some doing distance work. Further afield are SS at Tonbridge and AFIAK Salvatori have a place in Sittingbourne. Then you have the tippers and the builders merchants.

Thanks for that I didn’t know TNT were there. I tried both Shakespeare and castledean and both wanted 2 years experience. I have a pile of cv’s ready printed as tomorrow im going door knocking see if I can get some casual work I will add the others you suggested to my list.
coop

Staplehurst Transits operate rigids as far as I’m aware. Think they are at Paddock Wood.

Hope this is of some help mate

indeed.co.uk/m/jobs?sameL=1 … 2Cwhatauto

Staplehurst transits are always advertising for drivers (class 1) which tells you something. They are still at Brandon Farm Staplehurst, but personally I wouldn’t bother they only have one rigid AFAIK.

Harry Monk:

cooper1203:

cav551:
There is a large Tesco home shopping depot on the Quarry Wood industrial Estate in Aylesford. There won’t be class 2 work but the turnover of drivers for all the supermarkets is quite high for this line of work. It may be a wolf from the door job but it is at least keeping you driving. Thinking parcels and Pallet Distribution so there is TNT in Hall rd Aylesford. You could try Lenham Storage, Shakespeare and Castledean (both Aylesford), all have fleets of rigids. Claygate bathroom fittings Distribution (nice people) at Marden are all 7.5t and vans but have a large fleet with some doing distance work. Further afield are SS at Tonbridge and AFIAK Salvatori have a place in Sittingbourne. Then you have the tippers and the builders merchants.

Thanks for that I didn’t know TNT were there. I tried both Shakespeare and castledean and both wanted 2 years experience. I have a pile of cv’s ready printed as tomorrow im going door knocking see if I can get some casual work I will add the others you suggested to my list.
coop

Staplehurst Transits operate rigids as far as I’m aware. Think they are at Paddock Wood.

Staplehurst no longer run rigids think only one and they are on A229 just before Staplehurst

cav551:
Staplehurst transits are always advertising for drivers (class 1) which tells you something. They are still at Brandon Farm Staplehurst, but personally I wouldn’t bother they only have one rigid AFAIK.

Don’t think the jobs too bad it’s the slimy idiot in the back office that’s the problem

There is a place on the transfesa on paddock wood called box something in the far corner always looking for class two on pallets used to be called 999 . Have a drive over and knock on some doors as there is also Bidvest and warbertons bread and a couple of fruit firms . Drive about with a few Cvs in your hand and don’t wait for agency work. Down side of agency (like there’s only one ) you may bar yourself from an employer if they also use that agency and won’t want to pay the compensation for you

chester1:
There is a place on the transfesa on paddock wood called box something in the far corner always looking for class two on pallets used to be called 999 . Have a drive over and knock on some doors as there is also Bidvest and warbertons bread and a couple of fruit firms . Drive about with a few Cvs in your hand and don’t wait for agency work. Down side of agency (like there’s only one ) you may bar yourself from an employer if they also use that agency and won’t want to pay the compensation for you

Paddock Wood Distribution Centre, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge TN12 6UU

999 logistics

01732 884499

spike78:

chester1:

Paddock Wood Distribution Centre, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge TN12 6UU

999 logistics

01732 884499

Think they are not called 999 any longer something like box logistics I’m sure the contact details are the same tho

EWT are at Paddock Wood in Hop Pocket Lane, the office is in Transfesa rd on the last bend, they do fruit& veg markets nationwide but again it’s unlikely they have more than one rigid on local pick ups. All the companies doing fruit used to run smaller vehicles which are much more suitable for access to the farms but sadly no longer. You could take a punt to see who is the other side of the railway line on Transfesa Estate.

Who did you use for the class 2 instruction is it worth asking them for an intro to a company? Is it worth enquiring with Firmins about signing up for class one tuition, and stay for however long, in say a years time, if they give you break on class 2?

cav551:
EWT are at Paddock Wood in Hop Pocket Lane, the office is in Transfesa rd on the last bend, they do fruit& veg markets nationwide but again it’s unlikely they have more than one rigid on local pick ups. All the companies doing fruit used to run smaller vehicles which are much more suitable for access to the farms but sadly no longer. You could take a punt to see who is the other side of the railway line on Transfesa Estate.

Who did you use for the class 2 instruction is it worth asking them for an intro to a company? Is it worth enquiring with Firmins about signing up for class one tuition, and stay for however long, in say a years time, if they give you break on class 2?

I did my training at roadtrain in Essex and whilst I am prepared to go that far the tunnel is an issue as far as the unpredictable traffic goes.

cooper1203:
I was stupid enough to think that if I have some sort of qualification I will be able to get out of the rat race for the warehouse jobs where there are 50 people waiting behind you for the same job.

Welcome to the club, lol. 2 years of saving for HGV license from my meager warehouse wages n this is my worst January ‘on record’ with only 2 shifts done so far. Current offers around here are limited to furniture delivery, white goods delivery and dray work…Meanwhile people doing 50 hours a week at Ocado warehouse earn the same per hour as I do on C2 difference being they’re actually working/earning right now. I’ve asked them to inquire at their agency and I’ll probably tuck myself in there until March or so.

edit: oh and they wanted 1 year experience for the white goods job too.

ETS:

cooper1203:
I was stupid enough to think that if I have some sort of qualification I will be able to get out of the rat race for the warehouse jobs where there are 50 people waiting behind you for the same job.

Welcome to the club, lol. 2 years of saving for HGV license from my meager warehouse wages n this is my worst January ‘on record’ with only 2 shifts done so far. Current offers around here are limited to furniture delivery, white goods delivery and dray work…Meanwhile people doing 50 hours a week at Ocado warehouse earn the same per hour as I do on C2 difference being they’re actually working/earning right now. I’ve asked them to inquire at their agency and I’ll probably tuck myself in there until March or so.

Out of the pan into the fire, it’s not a qualification it’s a driving licence

Bigtruck3:

ETS:

cooper1203:

If you don’t have it you can’t do it so you’re not qualified, in that sense a car license is a qualification too over someone without one as it enables you to get a job which involves driving a car/van…do I really have to explain this

ETS:

Bigtruck3:

ETS:

cooper1203:

If you don’t have it you can’t do it so you’re not qualified, in that sense a car license is a qualification too over someone without one as it enables you to get a job which involves driving a car/van…do I really have to explain this

It’s a driving licence

a qualified person as an individual “who, by possession of a recognized degree, certificate or professional standing, or who by extensive knowledge, training and experience, has successfully demonstrated his ability to solve or resolve problems relating to the subject matter, the

Bigtruck3:
a qualified person as an individual “who, by possession of a recognized degree, certificate or professional standing, or who by extensive knowledge, training and experience, has successfully demonstrated his ability to solve or resolve problems relating to the subject matter, the

What? Are you drunk pal?

JohnNicholls:

Bigtruck3:

What? Are you drunk pal?

Certainly not just giving the facts