Advice needed

Not sure what to do was told to run bent today and went over my 41/2 hours by an hour an half (not out of choice)when i phoned traffic office at end of my 4 1/2 hours to say i wouldnt make the collections i was due to do was told to just take my tacho and keep driving and i quote because the TM said it was ok…when i got back to the yard and spoke to TM about this again he said it was ok all the drivers do it :confused: not sure i wanna work for an outfit that does this i worked hard and waited long enough for my licence…

What do i do?walk away and try find another job or carry on and do what they say?

ARGH!!

Get out asap mate, those days are long gone.

Walk away When the [zb] hits the fan with VOSA you will be the one with a heavy fine and possibly no license while your so called boss will deny all knowledge of what went on.Vosa have an anonymous help line to report scum such as this

auto censor dodge removed, please read HERE…Denis F

Im glad your saying what im thinking all i ever wanted to do was drive im determined not to lose my licence a month after getting it…im really [zb] off tho i turned other jobs down to work for the present company!

get out get out get out get out

dogthehunter:
Im glad your saying what im thinking all i ever wanted to do was drive im determined not to lose my licence a month after getting it…im really [zb] off tho i turned other jobs down to work for the present company!

Take some advice m8 from someone who knows this can only end in tears and possiby worse…GET OUT NOW :unamused:

Never mind get out :unamused:

Don’t even go back.

Except to pick up any gear you’ve left there, and to tell the TM what a scruffy low life piece of ■■■ he his.

It’s probably too late now, so when you’re ringing round on Tueasday to find a proper job, have a short break and make yourself a cup of tea, and call VOSA.

National Number

0870 6060440

Opening hours 7.30 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday and 7.30 am to 3.00 pm on Saturdays. Closed Sundays.
For information and advice on any of VOSA’s schemes including: quick access to lorry/bus test booking; MOT test standards information; how to proceed to appeal against either the issue of or refusal to issue an MOT certificate; ordering publications; reporting of smoky vehicles; or confidential information for our intelligence officers; and, any other enquiries.

Name and shame

get out while you still got a licence mate. firms like that should be dead an buried. just as well your not on digitial tacho. an if you still got em take your charts with you bin em an if anyone asks you for em you handed them in

dogthehunter:

Go back to some of the others you’d spoke to before, explain the circumstances and see if you get any luck. At least you’ve got some experience under your belt now.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a lot of work about at the moment, I’m keeping an eye open just in case as the building game is very slack, but the local papers don’t have much being touted about. Best bet to go and bang on doors again.

dogthehunter:
the TM said it was ok…when i got back to the yard and spoke to TM about this again he said it was ok all the drivers do it :confused:

Okay so the TM Says you can take one of those Flying Pigs Home are you saying you would spend a couple of hours looking for them, just because the TM told you they were there?

If Any TM told me to take the Tacho Out I’d be saying Okay, as I’m parking up for 9 or 11 hrs and then putting a new one in :wink:

As a newly qualified driver,they will try it on with you,and see how far they can push you,but when the ■■■■ hits the fan,it’s YOU who will carry the can,so do as everyone else has said,and tell hm to stick his job up his arse. :angry:

They may pay 50pph more than a.n.other company,but when you’ve lost your licence through running bent,50pph means jack.

Do yourself and the rest of the industry a favour,and ring that number before someone gets hurt.

What do i do?walk away and try find another job or carry on and do what they say?

I can’t believe that you are asking that question though. :confused:

Ken.

That is a shocking story, and I would echo all the other views on here and say get out. I know that if anyone ever asked me to go over my time then I would refuse point blank and the very worst they would get is a verbal bollocking.

Having said that, I’m not gonna take the moral high ground and say I never go over my time. It has happened once to me in the past 6 months, but the key point is that I’m not being forced to go over by anyone else.

Quite frankly mate, I would get out now. Go to agencies, do whatever, cos it seems that if you carry on like this, you won’t be in the game much longer.

Paul.

Park the truck up and catch the train home, then post the ZBer his keys 2nd class.

dogthehunter:
Not sure what to do was told to run bent today and went over my 41/2 hours by an hour an half (not out of choice)when i phoned traffic office at end of my 4 1/2 hours to say i wouldnt make the collections i was due to do was told to just take my tacho and keep driving and i quote because the TM said it was ok…when i got back to the yard and spoke to TM about this again he said it was ok all the drivers do it :confused: not sure i wanna work for an outfit that does this i worked hard and waited long enough for my licence…

ARGH!!

No-one can force you to run bent, stick to the regulations whilst you look for another job, then leave !!

Am already looking for another jjob went into a depot where DHL have the contract and asked about vacancies and the guy gona phone me next week :confused: i hope…il start firing out some CVs next week…

thanks for the advice and as i said im glad u all put what i was thinking

Depends on your circumstances, if your skint i’d stick with it until you can get somthing else but i would under no circumstances do anything illegal and espec not mess about with the tachograph.

Work until you get somthing else, maybe the TM is trying to push you. Go out do your run, do it legally. If TM starts giving you hassle about times etc… quote him the law and the penalties for yourself and potentially for the company. Maybe find he backs off and lets you get on with your job legally or maybe he will fire you. Maybe find most other drivers aren’t breaking the rules as the TM suggests.

When i drive a truck, the TM etc… is the boss in terms of where i go and my conduct etc, like a normal boss. But in terms of keeping within working hours, roadworthyness of the truck, weight of the load etc… i am the boss and i have the final word because out on the road its me that gets screwed for it and no one is making me risk my licence or large fines.

Yeah i know thats maybe an unrealistic attitude to have with certain companies and will cause confrontations and arguments. But when it does it just means they either back down or your out the door. If i am out the door fair enough don’t care don’t want to work for dodgy companies, even if the money is good. No point earning a bit extra for a few months you then have to pay that out in a fine and end up with no licence and no job at all.

Look for another job and learn to say NO! Do it once and you’ll always do it. Name and shame, not the company, the TM. He sounds like a right RS.

First thing to do is to get the taco and scibble on the back 'Extra time getting to safe parking’ cover your ■■■, second thing tell TM you are not happy doing that and you don’t want to do it again. Third thing stay where you are but look for another job.
Good luck job hunting

Deepinvet:
First thing to do is to get the taco and scibble on the back 'Extra time getting to safe parking’ cover your ■■■, second thing tell TM you are not happy doing that and you don’t want to do it again. Third thing stay where you are but look for another job.
Good luck job hunting

thats ok for a few minutes or even fifteen, but an hour and half :question: