UK Drivers license and CPC

Hi all from a new member seeking some clarity and advise.

I got my UK Drivers license in 1973. I moved to South Africa in 1979 and surrendered my UK license for a South African license. In 1982 I was in the UK for a few months and applied and received a duplicate license which I still have. I drive in South Africa on my South African drivers license.
A couple of weeks ago I applied for a new UK drivers license using my UK address. It arrived a few days later.
I have codes. AM/A/B1/B/C1/D1/BE/C1E/D1E/f/k/I/n/p/q. Listed on it under 9 on the front of the license.
I will be returning to England to live early in the new year. I’m almost 60 years old at the moment. It’s fairly clear what these codes say I can drive but I am confused about what I actually am allowed to drive and if I need CPC immediately or do I only need to do annual CPC training? I work for a car and truck dealership here in South Africa but only drive vehicles around 3500 kg’s usually.
Any advise or assistance would be appreciated.
Any feedback and advise would be appreciated.

Burgiesburnin:
Hi all from a new member seeking some clarity and advise.

I got my UK Drivers license in 1973. I moved to South Africa in 1979 and surrendered my UK license for a South African license. In 1982 I was in the UK for a few months and applied and received a duplicate license which I still have. I drive in South Africa on my South African drivers license.
A couple of weeks ago I applied for a new UK drivers license using my UK address. It arrived a few days later.
I have codes. AM/A/B1/B/C1/D1/BE/C1E/D1E/f/k/I/n/p/q. Listed on it under 9 on the front of the license.
I will be returning to England to live early in the new year. I’m almost 60 years old at the moment. It’s fairly clear what these codes say I can drive but I am confused about what I actually am allowed to drive and if I need CPC immediately or do I only need to do annual CPC training? I work for a car and truck dealership here in South Africa but only drive vehicles around 3500 kg’s usually.
Any advise or assistance would be appreciated.
Any feedback and advise would be appreciated.

Driver cpc = you have the choice of doing the initial mod 2 + 4 tests or doing the 35 hours attendance training

You can drive LGVs up to 7.5 tonnes GVW but not commercially until you have a valid DQC (driver cpc card)

Commercial Vehicles up to 3.5 GVW do not need DQC

Thanks for the info Rog.
I will be moving back to St Helens Merseyside. Are there attendance centers in this area? I wonder could you direct me to the organization that provides this?

Regards

Burgiesburnin:
Thanks for the info Rog.
I will be moving back to St Helens Merseyside. Are there attendance centers in this area? I wonder could you direct me to the organization that provides this?

Regards

jaupt.org.uk/