Travis Perkins pay

I don’t know where the 4pm finish comes from. It will vary yard to yard as each manager can decide. Ie no overtime just time off in lieu in some places. Late afternoon is spent loading for the next day or even serving in the yard. It’s different in every yard.

Dav1d:

toonsy:
Those saying it’s crap money… look at the hours he’ll be working. It’ll be 8hrs a day/40hrs a week, finished by 4pm pretty much daily. That works out at about £11.50 an hour.

It doesn’t suit all but for those who value having a life outside of work instead of chasing the cash then it’s defo an option.

You missed the Saturday morning bit then.

Wow. A couple of hours. Still puts it above £11 an hour which for class two with family friendly hours isn’t shabby at all.

Doubt I got it as not heard off them.

As for pay there maybe hoping for somone to say I expect 8 an.hour or what ever . And they get the job.

Something to watch with BM driving jobs.

they give you a phone…and give the number to customers so they can ring up and ask when you will be there.

Totally unacceptable, and in these days of vehicle tracking, unnecessary, too.

Apparently ? One of our yardmen was speaking to a Warrington driver this morning, pay is £30k . However they have been asked to take a £9k drop in wages . Northampton depot is to be subbed out to DHL and starts .be aware this is unsubstantiated and may be a load of tripe . Make of it what you will, someone will be along soon to put us right .

toonsy:

Dav1d:

toonsy:
Those saying it’s crap money… look at the hours he’ll be working. It’ll be 8hrs a day/40hrs a week, finished by 4pm pretty much daily. That works out at about £11.50 an hour.

It doesn’t suit all but for those who value having a life outside of work instead of chasing the cash then it’s defo an option.

You missed the Saturday morning bit then.

Wow. A couple of hours. Still puts it above £11 an hour which for class two with family friendly hours isn’t shabby at all.

You sure on that “above £11/hr”

syramax:
Apparently ? One of our yardmen was speaking to a Warrington driver this morning, pay is £30k . However they have been asked to take a £9k drop in wages . Northampton depot is to be subbed out to DHL and starts .be aware this is unsubstantiated and may be a load of tripe . Make of it what you will, someone will be along soon to put us right .

The OP was on about pay for driving the rigids, delivering from the branches not the RDC’s.

Odd days:
I don’t know where the 4pm finish comes from. It will vary yard to yard as each manager can decide. Ie no overtime just time off in lieu in some places. Late afternoon is spent loading for the next day or even serving in the yard. It’s different in every yard.

I always had a rule of NEVER accepting a gate key. This way if/when they plan you to be out after the yard has closed someone still needs to be there to let you park up. This has always worked well for me.

Sorry my mistake ( majority on here are class 1 ) . Depends where you are in the country . I’m in north west and it’s less than £19 k .not a lot I know but I enjoy the work . If I was interested in knocking my pan in maxing hours etc there are better (paying) jobs out there, or I could go back to engineering . But at 61 I’m winding down .