Travis Perkins, anyone with em?

Seen some rumours the 23-28k is at the managers discretion, and they are advertising for drives literally EVERYWHERE which is a bit worrying lol.

Looks a typical 6-6 job, every other Saturday supposedly only 4hrs, but they say they put you through hiab, is that an official course or just an in house?

Be appreciative of any info [emoji41]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I dont know but I assume as some work may be building site the full ticket will be required somewhere along the line so I’m guessing it’ll be proper.

Building site delivery
Kerbside delivery

Any where that is having work done delivery.

All delivered with a Lorry mounted crane. But im sure for the right candidate they will put you through your ticket.

Never been to a Travis Perkins site yet that has easy access for HGV.

Seems to be a bit of interest in TP on here lately, just a coincidence ?

Odd days:
Seems to be a bit of interest in TP on here lately, just a coincidence ?

Genuinely asking for my own behalf as I’ve applied to them, although as above I’m a bit concerned as to why near every one in the UK is advertising for drivers?

Cheers for the inputs though fellas, I know what the jobs gonna entail but as said just wondered if anyone on here could shed the light…

Dont know where you get £23-28k from.
Class 1 possibly, but hiab driver … :unamused:

I would list all the forms and against out on paper. What suit some might not suit others. Like it’s never going to be late finishing, or early starts. Most places are in town so can get there by bus etc so might not need the expense of a car. They used to have a share save scheme and company pension, but never a chance to earn huge amounts of overtime. Like I say list it out and take the list with you to the interview. What suit some might not be for you and each manager is different.

syramax:

[emoji482]

Problem with all this stuff like HIAB, forklifts and Moffetts etc. is it’s all just training there is no licence as such and the training is just by instructors approved by a manufacturers trade association. The training isn’t necessarily portable either insofar you can guarantee it will be accepted or recognised by all employers.

Problem is with on the job training is the old hands tend to pass on their shortcuts and bad habits. Use an outside training co and it will be usually on ratty old outdated kit with trainers who’ve become out of touch with the modern job and neither’s ideal and I’d never be tempted to pay for any of it out of your own pocket.

Benjie83:

syramax:

[emoji482]

That is very intetesting, if only it were the same in the northwest

syramax:

Benjie83:

syramax:

[emoji482]

That is very intetesting, if only it were the same in the northwest

Well that’s direct off their site fella as I’ve an interview to attend, but I’d personally be imagining it will be the 23k end of the wage scale for C2 which is again about average for rigid work this way of the woods.

Tbh as far as I know TP don’t have artics of their own, never ever seen one, so I can’t see how their advertising 28k for anything other than rigid, but if that is for C2 that’s bloody good wage!!

But again I read off here, it’s at the managers discretion to what’s actually paid, so time will tell for me atleast…

Good hours for an HGV driving job and that money is no worse than a lot of general haulage class 1 jobs as a basic without nights out.

Hi, I work for a builders/civils merchant based outside Glasgow.
I do Mon -Fri 7.30 -5.00 for £22k
Saturday or any other hours are paid at time and a half.
I’m pretty certain the like of Travis each branch manager is captain of their own ship when it comes to salary so there’s always room to negotiate.
Crane certification is normally done by an outside provider at the merchants own site using the merchant vehicles as most sites wouldn’t accept an in-house certificate.
Although Jewsons do a week residential course at their head office.
I think most of the builders merchants have up their wages as they were fed up with drivers getting trained up and some crane experience and then leaving for better paying jobs.
Duncan

They do run some class 1 but at their rdc not yards. They also used to have some which I think was dhl pulling their trailer in TP colour.

iv not ever seen one of their drivers smiling .You know how you pass a junction and a truck is sitting waiting to pull out or is actually pulling out and due to the angle you get a really good look at the particularly sour face . That reminds me a couple of years back some old dear crashed her car on the road passing a TP depot and locals were speculating on facebook and a TP driver left some really hostile comments something iv just remembered .It might be nothing but i think id do a bit of digging find out who youll be working with ,you dont want a modern day peter sutcliffe

I was on with them out of Warrington about 2 years ago. They have their own Scania units + double (1/2 deck) trailers which are curtainsiders. My wage was £24.5k (salaried Mon-Fri days and if you didn’t start at bellend o clock in the morning you struggled to finish for 5/6 pm.

Ham shank unless you like 5am starts. The rigid hiabs fly around like Lewis Hamilton which suggests to me that you are pushed a bit if you are driving out of the branches themselves. All sites are completely obsessed by health & safety too.

They do run class one, I think its DHL though or one of the other corporates, and woe betide you being tipped when one of their own turns up as you’ll be turned out midway through :unamused:

I would imagine you’ll be hassled every minute of the day, customers expecting their deliveries yesterday and every drop you go to will be blocked chocablock with tradesmens vans, at least that was my experience of another building firm, you do get to chat to the rival companies and the grass didn’t sound much greener.

Oh and the forklift/tele handler drivers are almost always on break when you turn up and the foreman is too busy with a phone glued to his ear to give a ■■■■.

Cheers for all the info folks, I’ll have a contemplate… [emoji38]

Benjie83:
Seen some rumours the 23-28k is at the managers discretion, and they are advertising for drives literally EVERYWHERE which is a bit worrying lol.

They ran out of drivers because their drivers kept reversing up to horses so they had to let them go one by one because FAcebook scandals etc. They advertise in my area too (West Mids) I’ve never picked up a horse with a hiab but if they’ll teach me I might give it a go