New pay deal at pentalver cannock

i recently posted on here about my new job working for pentalver out of cannock,the job suits & is on containers so no manual work at all(sheer bliss),thing is theyve now changed the pay■■?■■?■■??now we get a basic pay of £408+£37.50 meal money making it £445.50,that is for 55hrs,there is only a milage bonus for the trampers,paid at 4p per km(after 240kms),the local boys just get this basic amout for whatever work they have too do,theyve taken away overtime unless you do more than 60hrs(55 + 1hr dinner time per day),this has now cocked up a good job as the drivers dont want to work over 11 hrs which everyone knows that in transport you sometimes have too(gaffer saying you must be at crewe for 7am,even though still in felixstowe at 5pm the night before)so now the management have put pressure on the transport managers to work the drivers to their hours & save money,but surley they will lose out when jobs keep being late■■?
just want to know if any other firms seem to have backward pay schemes

jonboy80:
,this has now cocked up a good job as the drivers dont want to work over 11 hrs

11 hour days… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: lazy gits…

Ours is simple, salaried for an average 48 hr week and o/t if you work a day off, simples.

grow some balls and work to rule SIMPLES 11hrs off.

when we were driving for innovate we were on salary,55 hrs,every driver was on a mission to get back and done a.s.a.p ,if you started at 5 a.m you be back and done by 11 a.m,some drivers youd struggle to get out the yard.
when stobarts took over they wanted us on there terms and conditions,hourly pay.
all of a sudden jobs that took 5/6 hrs were taking 11/12,wheras drivers would push to get it tipped,theyd quite happily sit there waiting for hour upon hour,the ones you couldnt get out the yard you now couldnt get them back,they went from 30 hrs p.w to 60/70/80 hrs p.w.
the knock on effect of this was there was NO trucks in the yard,they were all out there trying to get 12/13/15 hrs in rather than in the past trying to get back to the yard,problems never really been solved,even been talk of putting us back on salary,

We don’t have a ‘backward pay scheme’ though I haven’t had a pay rise since January 2005 ! and I’m still driving the same truck which will be 10 years old this summer.
I’ve often wondered how much more worse off I am now compared with 2005 with inflation etc etc but I don’t know how to work it out !!

If I were you I wouldn’t even try, would make you cry :cry:
and if you haven’t had a raise in 6 years surely thats the same as a backwards pay deal?

ady1:
when we were driving for innovate we were on salary,55 hrs,every driver was on a mission to get back and done a.s.a.p ,if you started at 5 a.m you be back and done by 11 a.m,some drivers youd struggle to get out the yard.
when stobarts took over they wanted us on there terms and conditions,hourly pay.
all of a sudden jobs that took 5/6 hrs were taking 11/12,wheras drivers would push to get it tipped,theyd quite happily sit there waiting for hour upon hour,the ones you couldnt get out the yard you now couldnt get them back,they went from 30 hrs p.w to 60/70/80 hrs p.w.
the knock on effect of this was there was NO trucks in the yard,they were all out there trying to get 12/13/15 hrs in rather than in the past trying to get back to the yard,problems never really been solved,even been talk of putting us back on salary,

postman used to enjoy “early” finishes by running about, saturday mornings most would be finished by 10-11am… now look at the state of em, they looked ■■■■■■, and ive seen em on saturdays still working after 3pm :open_mouth: all cus they thought they were been clever in getting the job done quick…

my old man got a letter when he worked for em saying they dont need start before 6am( just as nite pay finished) cus the lorrys would take longer as they wont be going above 52 mph, and the trip from scarboro to york and back would take longer…

ady1:

so thats why they went bust, paying drivers to go home early