(Trampers), How Far Do You Travel To Work?

poole to Bristol mon back fri/sat sometimes two weeks away, not sure about monies but the job made it worth while,

Fatboy slimslow:
Out of my gated, detached home! :grimacing: turn right out of gate and wait for green man to cross the road at 40 STEPS! :grimacing: arrive over the road, and work is exactly 180 steps on foot, door to door! :laughing: trafford park, kelloggs! :laughing: night! :smiley:

That’s too far for me!!! Out the door of my house and 15 steps into the cab!!

Goldfinger:
So you wouldn’t you consider Newcastle to Carlisle be too far then Mazzer■■?

(East coast to west coast near enough)…?

Just re read my post… :blush: Said / asked that wrong didn’t I…? :blush:

Out of interest, anyone know of hauliers that may take on a newly passed driver willing to do tramping…?

“Rambo” Ramage (I know! but you’ve got to start somewhere) currently advertising out of Silverlink & Pollocks out of Blyth docks also.

robroy:
13 miles there on a Tues morning, 13 miles back on a Sat noon. (in a W reg Fiesta that my boy who works for the Ford agent GAVE me. :smiley: )
It’s parked up all week beside brand new this, and 1 yr old that depreciating motors, so I have the dubious honour of having the crappest car in the yard, …but also the one that is losing the least cash depreciation on it. :sunglasses:
But my street cred has turned to [zb]. :laughing:

You had street cred?? :stuck_out_tongue:

1997 Civic under my arris.

Mark500:
“Rambo” Ramage (I know! but you’ve got to start somewhere) currently advertising out of Silverlink & Pollocks out of Blyth docks also.

Any idea how much an hour at each place…?

I live in Belgium and we take our trucks home so approx 17 seconds from bedroom door to truck door,oh i dont get paid for 34 seconds a week have to make a taks claim.

vonmax:
I live in Belgium and we take our trucks home so approx 17 seconds from bedroom door to truck door,oh i dont get paid for 34 seconds a week have to make a taks claim.

I done that for about 13 yrs, truck out based at home, working for firms away in this country and abroad.
A shock to the system when I had to buy another car, tax and insurance, and fuel.
I didn’t know when I was well off then. :neutral_face:

250 miles each way.
I live in upstate NY and am based in NYC, although I have the distance to travel at the start and end of the week I do keep the truck at home.

I have a 60 mile/ 1hr 30 drive in, but that’s on empty roads, coming home can be longer in traffic. We have had some drivers doing runs of over 150 mls.
But consider you’ll be doing summer and winter- what are roads like over there in January at 4a.m. ?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

50 miles each way. Not bad Monday morning 4am, just under an hour for me, unless I get stuck behind a bloody truck!(funny how yer attitude changes when you’re in a hurry.)

Friday night rush hour getting home can be up to 2 hours which can be a pita when you just want to get home after a long week. Suits me though, overall…

daftvader:
Its Lowestoft to Basildon for me…1hr 50mins…But i go down on Sunday night.Unless truck is in for a service…So its down sunday night home friday night…But that a12 anything before 7pm is a pain.And can take me 3hrs…About 25 a week for fuel in the 1.6 fiesta…Not sure i’d travel much further than that time wise though.Unless it was for a real cracking job…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’m moving back to the uk from Sydney, Australian and we have looked at your area to buy, is it good or bad ? I used to stay in Lowestoft as a kid … notely road area …l don’t recall it much… some houses look ok. Sorry to take it off subject.

discoman:

daftvader:
Its Lowestoft to Basildon for me…1hr 50mins…But i go down on Sunday night.Unless truck is in for a service…So its down sunday night home friday night…But that a12 anything before 7pm is a pain.And can take me 3hrs…About 25 a week for fuel in the 1.6 fiesta…Not sure i’d travel much further than that time wise though.Unless it was for a real cracking job…

I’m moving back to the uk from Sydney, Australian and we have looked at your area to buy, is it good or bad ? I used to stay in Lowestoft as a kid … notely road area …l don’t recall it much… some houses look ok. Sorry to take it off subject.

Well mate…You’ll find it a bit different to Sydney thats for sure…lol.Know Knotley road well as alot of my family used to live down there…If your looking for driving work then there is’nt anything about localy…Is’nt much of anything to be fair…But Felistowe is only an hour away…House prices are cheap enough though.Again because of the lack of work…But its not a bad place to live.

nyk473l:

Fatboy slimslow:
Out of my gated, detached home! :grimacing: turn right out of gate and wait for green man to cross the road at 40 STEPS! :grimacing: arrive over the road, and work is exactly 180 steps on foot, door to door! :laughing: trafford park, kelloggs! :laughing: night! :smiley:

That’s too far for me!!! Out the door of my house and 15 steps into the cab!!

i weigh 9.5 stone. :grimacing:

daftvader:

discoman:

daftvader:

Well mate…You’ll find it a bit different to Sydney thats for sure…lol.Know Knotley road well as alot of my family used to live down there…If your looking for driving work then there is’nt anything about localy…Is’nt much of anything to be fair…But Felistowe is only an hour away…House prices are cheap enough though.Again because of the lack of work…But its not a bad place to live.

I currently work for NSW Police Force, I doubt I will do the same job in the UK. It depends on the savings and money we make from selling up over here to whether we buy there or closer to my ho e town of London … but not sure I really want to move back to London with all the immigration. Been away 6 years in January … but miss the UK lol.

800 miles round trip every fortnight, fly Edinburgh to London City, pick up truck in Titan Truck park Monday am, work two weeks, fly home Friday night, boss pays half airfare, my choice, could get a job in Edinburgh for half wages, ■■■■ that, earn around a grand a week.
Sapper

sapper:
800 miles round trip every fortnight, fly Edinburgh to London City, pick up truck in Titan Truck park Monday am, work two weeks, fly home Friday night, boss pays half airfare, my choice, could get a job in Edinburgh for half wages, [zb] that, earn around a grand a week.
Sapper

Used to do this as well, but I was Aberdeen to Birmingham then pick truck up at Coventry, used to clear a grand a week easy but with wife having MS I ended up back working in Aberdeen again.

sapper:
800 miles round trip every fortnight, fly Edinburgh to London City, pick up truck in Titan Truck park Monday am, work two weeks, fly home Friday night, boss pays half airfare, my choice, could get a job in Edinburgh for half wages, [zb] that, earn around a grand a week.
Sapper

How’d you score a job like that…■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Used to live in Grays and be a day man for him, when I moved back to Scotland, handed my notice in, he said I could stay on and we would come to some arrangement, plus, I’m ■■■■■■■ good at what I do, he doesn’t want to lose me, a good gaffer.
Sapper

82 miles,Walsall to Kemble,down on a Sunday/Monday and back 2 weeks later. Only really bothers me in Summer as Birdlip can be a right pain in the ■■■ on Friday afternoons but other than that it doesn’t bother me,can do it normally in 1hr25minsif no traffic.