TomTOM Pro Truck 5150 Review

So i needed too replace my snooper S2000 and i chose the above unit …Out of the box the unit is well built with a quality feel about it, included is a windscreen mount, you also plug the charger in to the mount which it my opinion is better than plugging in into the unit itself also a dash mount pad, usb cable and charging lead for in car charging 12/24v but you do not get a 240v household charger which i thought for the money was tad mean of them . In use the unit works well full customization of the screen where you can choose what you see on screen while navigating, the traffic updates are great and after ignoring them i sat on the m6 for rather long a time so they work ! the screen is clear and of good quality and colours are good , 3d or 2d options are available when following a route there are loads of options available like avoiding part of a rout or travelling via a point, poi can be added with ease as can favorites the voice operation works well even in a truck if you go off route it recalculates very quickly i was impressed with how quick. live services includes a search option so if you were looking for a company in an area say you didn’t have full address input the name the unit searches and then you just navigate to it i tried this option and it worked well the unit mounts on holder via a mag mount which is strong and again works great, all things considered i am pleased with my purchase but there are 2 things which i have an issue with the 1st is it simply doesn’t understand the london night and weekend lorry ban at all whereas snooper warns a timed restriction giving you an option to accept or not why tomtom does not i don’t understand also it does not accept 13 6 as a height limit a guy on here says he can’t on his either so i have e mailed support with regard to these issues i hope this helps anyone thinking of buying one cheers …

it also displays all speed limits for cars and not truck. which is not good when its suppose to be truck specific

Was chatting to a guy, who had one and he says if you type in the address for, let’s just say asda in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ because it is a truck satnav it takes you to the loading area, not the car park at the front of the store. Is this true?

Thinking of getting one

mate i sent mine back and got a snooper some of the routes it turns out are really bad i snoopers a far better

bjd:
mate i sent mine back and got a snooper some of the routes it turns out are really bad i snoopers a far better

Im just looking which one to get now between snooper, garmin or tom tom, they all have mixed reviews.

snooper s6400 no issues with it routings great 7 inch screen

bjd:
snooper s6400 no issues with it routings great 7 inch screen

How much did you pay for it ? Does it come with lifetime maps ?.
I understand that all sat navs will have there issues and every route will be checked against a road atlas to double check. I dont need tv on it like the new snooper you can get

£360 full euro life time updates maps n software snooper direct