Tomtom pro 5150

Looking at getting a truck sat nav and wondering if anyone has tried the tomtom pro5150 or the snooper s2500? Don’t normally use them but have a lot of work round London and Brum and its not fun trying to turn an artic round when you come accross a low bridge! Any reviews on these units would be great.

yesnomapsnglassesproperdriversectect

Just get a tomtom 5150 and say no more about it :wink: I’ve used it all around London and most of Europe and it never put me wrong. No need to even consider anything else :exclamation:

Do a search on here.It’s been discussed to death

Got a 5150 myself, decent bit of kit overall - ocasionally tries to send me on a 7.5 restriction which I usually manage to avoid but overall it has never failed to get me there - gets my vote! :smiley:

I got the sat nav from trucktables.com

No problems so far and miles cheaper than a tom tom

I agree satnav from truck tables is really good,and the price is great.

alans123:
I agree satnav from truck tables is really good,and the price is great.

It’s not as pretty or smooth as a tom tom, but it gives you clear instructions, options to avoid certain roads and makes motorway junctions easy to fathom out.

Only thing is it needs an update as it’s still registering some parts of motorway having average speed cameras in. must have been made when roadworks were being done.

If you are thinking of a 5150,dont bother. Get the 5250(replacement model). Its not that more expensive than the outgoing model and its superb.

eagerbeaver:
If you are thinking of a 5150,dont bother. Get the 5250(replacement model). Its not that more expensive than the outgoing model and its superb.

How is it better? I’ve got the 5150 and am interested in what extra features it’s got.

Better graphics,faster processor.

eagerbeaver:

Does it still do that lane screen thing on a motorway exit? Does my head in because you want to know what to do next I.e turn right or left at the roundabout at the end of the slip and get in the correct lane. Can this feature be disabled? :confused:

Seems very clear at slip roads to me. Shows all exits and highlights the desired lane in blue. I would have to use the 5150 to have a direct comparison Tris. If you put in TT5150 v TT5250 and have a root on Google,you will get all the info you need mate.

Ive been using it for a couple of weeks in various places across the UK and its not let me down once. Even been down a couple of roads that were signposted as low bridge or 7.5T limit ahead and its took this into account by incorporating turns ’ just short ’ of the limit.

That’s not to say I blindly trust any satnav,but its not let me down over a few thousand miles so far.

Tomtom 5150, normally great, pain today around Stockport with weight restrictions

Stockport. Pain full stop.

Tris:

eagerbeaver:

Does it still do that lane screen thing on a motorway exit? Does my head in because you want to know what to do next I.e turn right or left at the roundabout at the end of the slip and get in the correct lane. Can this feature be disabled? :confused:

Tris mate, when you see that lane thing as your approaching your junction, just touch the main part of the screen it will revert back to the original map style with the lanes below and you can suss out where to position yourself in good time if your approaching a roundabout, I sussed that after nearly a year of ownership, handy hint of the day :laughing:

eagerbeaver:
Stockport. Pain full stop.

Ohhhh yes, any one delivered to that flippin brewery behind the town hall :open_mouth: twice I been there, wasnt any easier second time :laughing:

Drift:

Tris:

eagerbeaver:

Tris mate, when you see that lane thing as your approaching your junction, just touch the main part of the screen it will revert back to the original map style with the lanes below and you can suss out where to position yourself in good time if your approaching a roundabout, I sussed that after nearly a year of ownership, handy hint of the day :laughing:

Cool, ta, I’ll give it a go tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Remember to give me lots of beer for making your life better :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: its Saturday tomorrow :open_mouth: you must be racking it in :laughing:

Beavers doin a bit of o/t too Drift!

Its not just cranes and ■■■■■■ that grab.