Sat nav

Anyone bought one of these and can comment on what they are like…
ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Car-GPS-Tru … 848wt_1163

Al

wouldnt trust it as far as i could throw it personally. i have a tomtom 7150. but if this suits your budget and does the job… good luck to you.

i bought a snooper s7000 (the one with the built in tv) the other week and didnt rate it. it went back and i got a refund.

I wouldn’t risk it personally.

thelorryist:
wouldnt trust it as far as i could throw it personally. i have a tomtom 7150. but if this suits your budget and does the job… good luck to you.

i bought a snooper s7000 (the one with the built in tv) the other week and didnt rate it. it went back and i got a refund.

Agreed.
I have a TT920 and that’s spot on, I also bought the Snooper S7000, still in the box, used once.

Thats what i was generally thinking…i think maybe a tomtom with truck software could be a better option. Still be nice to hear off someone who has tried one. The lorryist what was it about the snooper you did’nt like? my mates got one and reckons its fantastic!

Al

scantheman:
Thats what i was generally thinking…i think maybe a tomtom with truck software could be a better option. Still be nice to hear off someone who has tried one. The lorryist what was it about the snooper you did’nt like? my mates got one and reckons its fantastic!

Al

Personally I didn’t rate the unit it’s self. Plastics felt cheap. Screen was too big and made maps blurry.

Each to their own though mate. I’ll stick to my tt. 7150 truck. Same money as snooper but better IMO.

ive got one, its works fine, screen not as bright as i would like. but i only do odd weekends so not sure if it would suit a full time driver who maybe going under bridges etc. i do drops to large RDCs so rarely get difficicult routes. the software on these wont tell you of low bridges etc.

scantheman:
Anyone bought one of these and can comment on what they are like…
ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Car-GPS-Tru … 848wt_1163

Al

I got one of these to try, running Sygic HGV software for a bit more £120 which Dose keep me away from low bridges and weight limits,

Pro’s
1, plans route around low bridges and weight limits (with truck settings active)

Con’s
1, DONT rely on it getting you to where you want to be in one peace (rely on knowledge and a road atlas), there is no option to stick to main roads, only options are shortest and fastest,
2, Even though you fill out the info for your truck (you can set hight width lenght etc) it still tries to take you down roads which are unsuitable for HGV’s
3,Dosent recognise exceptions to weight limits (e.g. between times or except for loading etc etc)
4, it mucks up road numbers
5, i have noticed some postcodes are way off mark
6, it keeps crashing
7, it tries to take routes through housing estates and city centers when there is no need

Example: i sometimes deliver to nestle in dalston near carlisle which has a weight limit of 7.5 tonne except for loading, so i though id try it out see where it took me, the satnav wanted me to take my unit and trailer down… i suppose all you could call it was a gravel footpath you couldnt even get a car down it never mind past the fence at the end of the path.

Be very careful if you buy one of these things.

Ive just bought the tomtom 720 off a member on here. Its got truck maps installed so should be pretty good. Thanks for you’re warnings anyway mate.

Al