TomTom 5150 No Maps!

bought this tom-tom from amazon last week, spent the last two days trying to get it working. It was all ok until i plugged it into my laptop to update it and now it no longer works and just has a message on the screen saying no maps found. I must admit the support doesn’t seem fantastic, the phones are only open monday to friday so i won’t have time to call. Got a refund from amazon this afternoon, thinking about just sending it back and getting a snooper s6400.

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience of this and is it a lost cause?

Thanks

GOTO navtotal.com. free help and advice, its a good site to learn and do stuff. :wink:

Post a message on the tomtom forum and they will get it sorted out for you.

Having exactly the same problem, will be on the phone for answers or a refund!! Will post an update when I know the outcome…

Golfnut63:
Having exactly the same problem, will be on the phone for answers or a refund!! Will post an update when I know the outcome…

…Update - after four days and many emails and phone calls, still no joy. Even bought another map set, no joy. Phone the retailer who will remain nameless but they do have a large ad in Trucking mag and was told…“use a map!!..” Basically it doesn’t work, bad unit possibly, poor customer service from retailer definitely, Tomtom customer care marginally better…make of it what you will…rant over :imp:

I use a 5150 (mainly for the traffic) and must say, for the 50ish quid/pa for the 'live HD traffic subscription, it’s crap…they really should have this to perfection in this day & age…wouldn’t even tell me the M4 was closed E/B from j14-12 the last 2 nights and after coming off at 14, it kept telling me to turn round etc, then when I’d joined the A4 and done a couple of hundred yards, it hadn’t rerouted and then decided to tell me of ‘a road is closed on your route, would you like to avoid it’? The closure seems to be at the old RAF slip road! :neutral_face: