Tippers

How’s the work going where you are? Slowing down a bit around here, some of the bigger firms knocking subbies work on the head, with new motors filtering through they’re managing on their own. Earthline and Smiths increasing their own fleets to be less reliant on subbies.

Fairly slow in London on muck crossrail all finished and not a lot of big digs going on added to all the lorry’s that went on the road with crossrail

Very busy for us now, harvest time! Aggregates isn’t the busiest but still keeping our aggregate boys going. Had a new aggregate trailer come yesterday as well, so that’s the 3 local lads with their aggregate trailers. 2 Fruehauf’s and a Benalu.

BulkTipper:
Very busy for us now, harvest time! Aggregates isn’t the busiest but still keeping our aggregate boys going. Had a new aggregate trailer come yesterday as well, so that’s the 3 local lads with their aggregate trailers. 2 Fruehauf’s and a Benalu.

hi you got any pics of that benalu ■■? hows the fruehaufs doing as 2 local lads having body trouble.Is the grain paying sitting at farms n grain silos all day and how much weight are those tight farmers carrying in those big fastrack bulkers…ON RED… :imp:

BulkTipper:

Your old (well 11 plate :smiley: ) Premium 8wheeler is for sale on Truck Trader.

kr79:
Fairly slow in London on muck crossrail all finished and not a lot of big digs going on added to all the lorry’s that went on the road with crossrail

I reckoned we had another 12/18 months of decent work left before it went belly up but as always in the construction industry,first to go down and the first to come back, but when it comes back all the usual suspects seem to be able to get plenty of finance to put new motors on the road then go skint or ■■■■■ the rates, some things never change! :cry:

There’s still a lot of tippers around Oxford from outside this area; West Coast, Mulholland, Arden, Haywards, Fureys, All on the railway work so I guess when that’s done it’ll be back to normal.

TOECUTTER:

BulkTipper:

hi you got any pics of that benalu ■■? hows the fruehaufs doing as 2 local lads having body trouble.Is the grain paying sitting at farms n grain silos all day and how much weight are those tight farmers carrying in those big fastrack bulkers…ON RED… :imp:

I haven’t, will get one when it gets back in the yard tomorrow. Had no problems as of yet with the Freuhaufs. The grain pays quite well really, we don’t work for fxck all and refuse to drop the rates. The diesel is down too which helps :wink:

Muckaway:

BulkTipper:

Your old (well 11 plate :smiley: ) Premium 8wheeler is for sale on Truck Trader.

Yeah has been replaced with a new’un. Still got the same reg, though, RA11 RAS. Pic below.

That was when we were waiting for it to come from Renault. Still no sign of the Kelsa bar though, reminds me I need to chase that up!

BulkTipper:

Muckaway:

BulkTipper:

Yeah has been replaced with a new’un. Still got the same reg, though, RA11 RAS. Pic below.

That was when we were waiting for it to come from Renault. Still no sign of the Kelsa bar though, reminds me I need to chase that up!

What payload does that carry?

Muckaway:

BulkTipper:

Muckaway:

BulkTipper:

What payload does that carry?

Sorry didn’t see your reply. Carries 20t bang on.

That’s bloody good with that big cab and body. Do those Aliwelds wear well? We’re looking into a new 8w but we muckshift mostly but want a good payload.

Can I ask a noddy question. Is it practical to buy a all-rounder tipper, I.e for aggregates, grain and muck? Is that a stupid question?

Plambert:
Can I ask a noddy question. Is it practical to buy a all-rounder tipper, I.e for aggregates, grain and muck? Is that a stupid question?

If you carry grain you can’t carry muck or recycled aggregates according to the TASSC rules.
You can buy any standard tipper for all round work, but steel bodies carry a weight penalty. Alloy bodies are lighter, more expensive but carry more payload. Using alloys on demolition rubble isn’t recommended, although our old Daf has one but has double 8mm floors in to lessen the impact.
Body depth is another consideration. Muckshifters are shallow so you aren’t overloaded, aggregate ones are often a bit deeper. Then you get the bulk bodies like Adams’ Renault used for coal, compost etc (light stuff).
I’ve never done tarmac work so can’t comment on insulated bodies, many on here are so someone can advise.

Muck and aggregates you can not sure about grain as there’s not a lot of call for that where I am.