Tipper lorry without scales?

^^^^That right, unless the site where you are loading has a weighbridge, they’re not responsible if you’re overloaded.

Pennywise:
There’s no problem when being loaded in a quarry because as stated the loader has scales plus weigh bridge etc. It’s when I do muck away off sites with 360s. Most machine drivers look at me gone out when I say no scales mate just load up to the line. Never met one yet who’s not listened but hard to judge clumps of wet clay.
I got refused to tip at one site as I was 200kg over and one of our grab lads had to come out and take a grab load off. Rant over

If you have a rough idea what a max weight load looks like on your lorry then try this trick. Next time you load pretend you have a weigher. Lift the body up slightly. Watch the loader and stop them when there’s enough in the tub to look like a load but not quite.
Takes judgement so be slightly cautious but don’t take the ■■■■.

If you’ve got it right the loader won’t query but if they do tell them it’s near 18t (or whatever the max is your allowed) on the scales, you can’t run in overweight or it’ll get rejected, simple as that. No need to run muckaway in at max weight if your company is paid by the load.