Never Trust

Story goes
.running ballast out of site to pit with new arctic tipper trailer. first load spoke to machine driver explained just a bit more than on eight wheel tipper, nice load 40ton 4ton short of gross lovely.
Back for second load spoke to ticket man said “is that the same machine driver”
Reply “yes”
Loaded head of to the pit thought this one’s a bit heavy pulled onto weighbridge OFF THE SCALES OVER 50TON!!!

It’s a bonus if your getting paid by the ton I suppose :wink:

lol,6 tons light for me ,
know exactly what you mean ,you haul all summer from a sand quarry ,the same guy never puts the same on one load to the next., you spend more time tipping of the extra than loading,.jeeessss dont get me started! jimmy.

40 years ago when we were running at 32 tons gross,the shovel drivers at Winsford salt mine were great guys,could load you to within a quarter of a ton.

manhoot71:
Story goes
.running ballast out of site to pit with new arctic tipper trailer. first load spoke to machine driver explained just a bit more than on eight wheel tipper, nice load 40ton 4ton short of gross lovely.
Back for second load spoke to ticket man said “is that the same machine driver”
Reply “yes”
Loaded head of to the pit thought this one’s a bit heavy pulled onto weighbridge OFF THE SCALES OVER 50TON!!!

was your boss pleased that you were going out 4 tonne short?

i always thought tippers were paid by the tonne

i always found machine drivers in the scrap game to be pretty good at getting it right .

and no way would i have got away with 4t light … blimey i would have been shot … :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:

he leaves off 4 tonne, so has that extra bit of power from the engine when pushing a tesco truck up the road, plus it’s a little less wear and tear on the old tyres whe he power slides/drifts it round corners at 56mph :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

manhoot71:
Story goes

its on a load rate so yes.

brados:
It’s a bonus if your getting paid by the ton I suppose :wink:

Load it up to the greedy boards :stuck_out_tongue: