Weighbridge question , and a few random pics

ok this is probably going to sound daft ,and make me look a right prat , but in 12 years of driving various hgv’s , i have always weighed on / weighed off on the bridge or axle weigher , well a few weeks back in a 44 toner, i was picking up china clay nr st austall cornwall,with a 20’ft box ,and the wb operator said no need to go back over the bridge your 15.5ton ,and we know we cant get more than 27ton in the box so you will be under 44ton,we do 10 trucks a day and so on,it was late in the day with 2 trucks behind me ,and they said the same to those guys ,i had a job to open the slider back up ,but all the paperwork said i was in the limits ,has this happened to any one else?, or had i been taking for a ride ?
here’s a few random pics of recent adventures .

had it when we used to pull wine out of tilbury docks to tesco northampton couple of us had 142 scanias and a 141,all had air suspension sliders,felt heavy going upto northampton but was assured by traffic that they could only get 24 pallets on a 40 ft so off we trundled upto northampton pulled upto the bay cracked the seal and looked inside,48 pallets of wine :open_mouth: the loader says we have a different O/D here all the time because the shippers think they can save money by doubling up the load,lets just say i got a good rate out of them for that job,but never done it again :smiling_imp:

I’ve done that china clay run up to Portbury. It was raining when I was being loaded, and I only just got up the slope on to the road because of that hairpin left. It is definitely worth going on the weighbridge again, even though, like me, you may have to have a few run ups to get out from the weighbridge area again ! Don’t go back down to the office in the loaded wagon though ! That hill is a ■■■■■ !

The bridge is there for a reason. It dont cost you anything and the W bridge oppo is being a lazy [ZB] use it or risk losing it thats my motto you can always say you need it for your records And yes been there years ago never had a prob using it

maverick72:
the shippers think they can save money by doubling up the load,

How does that work mate? They get x amount per box from their customer, why would they double the weight in a box?

OK I have to ask, why is the wagon parked in a ■■■■■ camp>> Were you selling diesel or summat■■? :wink: :wink:

Because then they only have to pay for half as many boxes…?

Coddy:
OK I have to ask, why is the wagon parked in a ■■■■■ camp>> Were you selling diesel or summat■■? :wink: :wink:

did u not see the car in the back of the box :laughing: :wink: :laughing:

Mike-C:

maverick72:
the shippers think they can save money by doubling up the load,

How does that work mate? They get x amount per box from their customer, why would they double the weight in a box?

hello as lucy says they only need half the amount of boxes :unamused: if they have 40 loads,they need 40 boxes,double the load only need 20 boxes :wink:

I had many times opposite problem :wink:

I used to collect orders from Kuehne-Nagel near J4 M8 and it was for various Hebridean hotels, restaurants etc. So it was two bottles of wine to one place, case of wine to the other, some whisky to other place, a keg of beer to another one…

In very rare occasions it was more than one layer on one pallet.

So when I was back on the weighbridge, where they were weighing you at entering the yard and my weight wasn’t changing enaugh to show that on the weighbridge, the guys at the gate were very confused “How it’s possible, you had 12 orders loaded and you aren’t any heavier?” :slight_smile: