Weighloader problem

Hi there.

Weighloader problem or not?

Our recently aquired DafCF 26 tonne tipper /grab ex Balfour beatty is fitted with a weighloader system from a firm called " RedForge"

You would think that as the lorry gets loaded the weighloader readout which starts at 12.5 ton empty would rise right up to the legal 26 ton or whatever!

But what happens is that it stays approx on 12.5 ton whilst being loaded and will only read the proper extra weight when you pyshically drive the lorry a yard or two and move the wheels■■?

This is a right pain and surley not right is it? especailly on a grab lorry because if being loaded by the grab or by a digger loader it means the driver has to mess about putting the crane down, legs up etc just to get the new weight read out from the weighloader !

Surely its faulty isnt it?? A weighloader readout should rise whlist getting loaded stationary and without moving a yard or two?

A right pain! Anyone else got any experience of weighloaders please.

Weve pressed a few buttons etc but there aint a lot to it really and experimented but no the only way to get a true reading is to actually move the truck up a bit!

Thank you

trickyd

does the weighloader work off the air suspension ■■
afaik most weighloaders on tippers work off the hydraulics on the ram, you have to lift the back up a few inches first.

dave:
afaik most weighloaders on tippers work off the hydraulics on the ram, you have to lift the back up a few inches first.

I concur :grimacing:

No its an axleweighloader think its called Axalert ,dont think it runs of any hydraulics. Theres two green bar type graphs on the weighloader that sits in the dashboard these are for the front and rear axle, but we will certainly try lifting the tipper up a tad

thanks

I did some Tipper work on agency for a few months last year, you had to lift it up so it was just on the pivot and the ram, so none of the rubber bits were touching the chassis :slight_smile: I have no idea about axle weighers though, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

redforge.co.uk/index.asp

have a look on here , see if it helps :wink:

Yeah you need to lift the body up 6 inches for it to be able to function :wink: