On board weighers

Hi Lads, looking for a bit of advice.
I’m looking to buy an on-board weigher for my 8 wheel tipper. I’ve a bigger than average Steel insulated body which is perfect for Tarmac and materials but I also do alot of muckaway work too, And when I pull onto a site the builder thinks all his christmases have come at once :confused: Over here (like many places) work has gone quiet and now the builders think they can overload us as we need the work but I dont stand for any of that nonsence as fines are too big at the moment :imp: And after having a severe rap on the knuckles lately it’s either a new bespoke body or (I’m hoping the cheaper alternative) an on-board weigher.
My questions are, Are they a success on a muckaway lorry that goes into some rough tips (knee deep in slop :confused: ) and which are the best to go for?
Thanks in Advance for any advise.
Regards
John

I’ve got a barry napper weigher sat in my workshop thats new in the box, brought it about 7 years ago and then sold the trailer, There’s 2 load cells for the rear, mounting brackets,an oil tension sensor for the ram and wiring loom.
It should fit,just might need to alter your rear hinge mount. If interested just let me know.

The Barry Napper system will do the job but you will need to have the hinge bar mount modified which could see the truck off the road for a while.

DON’T be tempted by systems which measure the suspension deflection for this job. My company manufactures a system like this and we would never recommend it for this type of job or this type of vehicle.

If you need any more info on vehicle weighing, drop me a line.

FmTipper:
Hi Lads, looking for a bit of advice.
I’m looking to buy an on-board weigher for my 8 wheel tipper. I’ve a bigger than average Steel insulated body which is perfect for Tarmac and materials but I also do alot of muckaway work too, And when I pull onto a site the builder thinks all his christmases have come at once :confused: Over here (like many places) work has gone quiet and now the builders think they can overload us as we need the work but I dont stand for any of that nonsence as fines are too big at the moment :imp: And after having a severe rap on the knuckles lately it’s either a new bespoke body or (I’m hoping the cheaper alternative) an on-board weigher.
My questions are, Are they a success on a muckaway lorry that goes into some rough tips (knee deep in slop :confused: ) and which are the best to go for?
Thanks in Advance for any advise.
Regards
John

Where in the country are you mate? I know a firm from Bradford that have their own brand of weighing systems and also fit and repair other makes too. PM me if interested.

Thanks for the help lads, I’m in Southern Ireland and one company not too far fro me are selling that axle set-up but I can’t imagine how well it would work in a mucky tip.The ram and pin set up sounds far better, What price would the other setups cost?
Cheers
John

I had a pm system and it was fairly good

FmTipper:
Thanks for the help lads, I’m in Southern Ireland and one company not too far fro me are selling that axle set-up but I can’t imagine how well it would work in a mucky tip.The ram and pin set up sounds far better, What price would the other setups cost?
Cheers
John

We would sell an axle load indicator on an 8-wheeler for around £2,300 plus VAT fitted. BUT it isn’t suitable for what you are doing and we would never recommend it for the type of work you do. The load cells on the hinge bar system is the right one for your truck so don;t be tempted by the lower cost of the alternative.