This made me smile.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Now that looks like “fire water” Larry what they used to sell to the Apaches send you blind eh! Cheers Dennis

Its still unopened Dennis, I may use it as a paint stripper :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , My Grandson brought it back from Tailand some years ago, But I will will just stick to my normal single malts, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Larry Dunbar much more of this and I’m going to put a Fatwah on you (Google it), 1st you put pictures of AEC Mk 5’s up (which is bad enough for 80+ year olds of a delicate disposition) and then you compound it by putting up a picture of your drinks cabinet. Have a bit of consideration and sympathy man. :cry:
Every time I see a handsome Mk 5 it’s a case of “nurse, the screens quick, I’ve done it again” :wink:

Have you ever tried Japanese whisky? I had a few miniatures bought last Christmas and I thought it was very decent stuff. A couple of them were 50% abv
and very enjoyable ‘sipping whisky’
My 1st prize for a Scotch Malt ?..Glenfarclas 105 cask strength…with just a few drops of cool water. :smiley:

You’ve done it now Gom , mentioning good whiskey and water in the same breath . The dedicated whiskey men will be in shock and in danger of heart attacks and it’s all your fault .

Well, I’m a ‘neat’ whisky man, have been all my life, I’ve always said that the only thing you should put in whisky is more whisky BUT, I was advised to put just a drop of water in the Glenfarclas Cask Strength and bye 'ell, it transformed it into a beautiful drink. And as I said at the time…'you’re never too old to learn. :sunglasses:

deleted, double post.

:open_mouth: Oh god, if he starts singing we’re doomed… :wink:

To other matters, c’mon you whisky men, what’s the best BLENDED whisky out there ? what’s your favourite? Myself I like a drop of J&B or Cutty Sark.

Hi G O M, Sorry I cant comment on Blends, Im a Single Malt drinker only, Mind you I have had to put a teardrop of water into the higher voltage ones, Which in fact does enhance the taste, Take care my friend & stay safe, Regards Larry.

Of course they may have been empty bottles then its not so bad.

Straight down the drain, cut out the middle man!

sandway:

I remember an incident long ago, your man (me) delivering fuel to Whitbread Brewery, Woodlesford (nr Leeds)…“help yourself to the Barley Wine bottles Brian, the insurance have ‘written off’ the whole load”
One of their ‘drivers’ had managed to get a fully loaded trailer rusty side up :open_mouth:
A lot of bottles had been smashed but a much bigger lot of bottles were intact. In it’s day Whitbread Gold Label Barley Winewas a very potent drink, 10%abv, it was marketed in what were known as ‘Nip’ bottles (small) and from personal experience I can tell you you can get a hell of a lot of Nip bottles in an ERF cab :stuck_out_tongue:
beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/9/12652/

Lawrence Dunbar:

Another shot of Larry :smiley: on his way home after celebrating his birthday today :smiling_imp:
The malts have done a good job on him!! Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Another shot of Larry :smiley: on his way home after celebrating his birthday today :smiling_imp:
The malts have done a good job on him!! Regards Kev.0

That looks like Punchy Danl’s skateboard trailer so what was 'e doing up in Larry’s neck of the woods ? is he on Uber taxis now or what? Anon 1.

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

The malts have done a good job on him!! Regards Kev.0

Come on Kev Thats not me, You should go to Specsavers, I allways wear a good class Waistcoat :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: , Regards Larry.

Yes, I know. We shouldn’t post anything political but this gave me a wry smile.

Click on the picture to see why!

grumpy old man:

sandway:

I remember an incident long ago, your man (me) delivering fuel to Whitbread Brewery, Woodlesford (nr Leeds)…“help yourself to the Barley Wine bottles Brian, the insurance have ‘written off’ the whole load”
One of their ‘drivers’ had managed to get a fully loaded trailer rusty side up :open_mouth:
A lot of bottles had been smashed but a much bigger lot of bottles were intact. In it’s day Whitbread Gold Label Barley Winewas a very potent drink, 10%abv, it was marketed in what were known as ‘Nip’ bottles (small) and from personal experience I can tell you you can get a hell of a lot of Nip bottles in an ERF cab :stuck_out_tongue:
beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/9/12652/

Gold Label Barley wine was brewed in Sheffield,originally by Tennants who were taken over by Whitbread.
Aye,it was potent stuff,a lot of Sheffield folk used to mix it with either Guinness or bitter. :smiley:

Here’s a couple for a chuckle, Buzzer

116881632_10158616856901241_921987837326912289_n.jpg

Apparently there is a car park that is big enough for about 125 cars and 8 coaches at Bristol zoo and for 25 years a loyal and very pleasant carpark assistant turned up every day to collect the fee’s but after 25 years one day he did not show so the zoo rang the council and asked for a replacement to which came the reply its your responsibility, then the zoo replied that he was on the councils payroll to which came the reply that there was no one on the payroll in that position.
Turns out the man had bought a ticket machine all those years ago and operated it as if it was his land raking in an estimated £560 a day so he is now a very rich individual probably in a nice mansion in Spain or the South of France enjoying his easy won gains, if this is true what a Legend, Buzzer

104921743_3313216735397632_963069222175907811_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Apparently there is a car park that is big enough for about 125 cars and 8 coaches at Bristol zoo and for 25 years a loyal and very pleasant carpark assistant turned up every day to collect the fee’s but after 25 years one day he did not show so the zoo rang the council and asked for a replacement to which came the reply its your responsibility, then the zoo replied that he was on the councils payroll to which came the reply that there was no one on the payroll in that position.
Turns out the man had bought a ticket machine all those years ago and operated it as if it was his land raking in an estimated £560 a day so he is now a very rich individual probably in a nice mansion in Spain or the South of France enjoying his easy won gains, if this is true what a Legend, Buzzer

Totally untrue (and confirmed as such by Bristol Zoo).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk