Smiles for Miles.

The car in the last photo looks interesting, Larry. Any idea what make it is?

Lawrence Dunbar:

Sorry Its it wee bit before my time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , If thats its fuel tank at the back its quite big, Regards Larry.

That’s a fair load. I like the “statutary marking” on the front!

Scan_20180916 (29).jpg

Thats it for tonight but theres a few more to follow of my Late Great Uncle Isaac Smiles,s fleet, I dont know what he would have thought of the haulage game today :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Sorry Its it wee bit before my time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , If thats its fuel tank at the back its quite big, Regards Larry.

Not that many filling stations about at that time so you took what you could! I remember my Dad had a good few of the old steel 2 gallon fuel cans (I remember Pratt’s and Shell)of that era kicking (with those well made brass screw-on lids) about for many years when I was a kid.

Great to see. What this site is all about. Jim.

jmc jnr:

Yes I agree Jim.I remember Smiles running AEC MK5 Mammoth Majors years ago.

Chris Webb:

jmc jnr:

Definitely Chris and I spent weeks in an old (even then ) Mk V - My favourite Wagon. 2700 VF and 2798VF both owned by the Wyatt brothers Ben and Johnny. Jim.

jmc jnr:

Chris Webb:

jmc jnr:

Definitely Chris and I spent weeks in an old (even then ) Mk V - My favourite Wagon. 2700 VF and 2798VF both owned by the Wyatt brothers Ben and Johnny. Jim.

Were you driving 2700 VF in 1961 ish Jim,as it’s the one I had a lift in when in RAF.

This is the MK 5 RJR 349 That I drove, when I was in my late 20s, Happy Days, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This is the MK 5 RJR 349 That I drove, when I was in my late 20s, Happy Days, Regards Larry.

They were a cracking wagon I thought Larry.