The MIGHTY Volvo F7

Well done! I like it :smiley:

Reg Danne

fantastic job well done regards rowland

That is a cracking job, it still looks like the one I took my test in!

Brand New nice job Volvo f6 will look for it at shows.

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
Bloody hell, thats had some pedalers! :smiley:

Not As many as this one has had.Still working hard in North Cyprus on Xmas day last year,today I also see another one (seen many) but could not get a photo of it :cry:

postman paul:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

Not As many as this one has had.Still working hard in North Cyprus on Xmas day last year,today I also see another one (seen many) but could not get a photo of it :cry:

bloody hell,that looks like it got plenty of weight on it lol. :smiley:

andrew.s:

postman paul:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

Well you don’t want to do another journey do you.

Ex-Postman Paul:

andrew.s:

postman paul:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

Well you don’t want to do another journey do you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brought this back

rgt1973:

Ferguson:
I got this F7 back in 2012, 16 speed 38ton, I am looking for any info or pictures when it was working.
This is what i have got so far
Dawson freight,(leighton buzzard) 1985-1988 white/black (B196XJO)
Woodall transport group (coleshill), 1988-1992
NEC,(birmingham),1992-1995 blue
Woodall transport group, 1995-2004 red, and reg was A18WTG and possible it was A14WTG at some time
M. Coulter (solihull), 2004-2005 (B196XJO)
Market expo ltd (honiton), 2005-2006
R. Pattemore (crewkerne), 2006-2012

I worked at Woodalls as a trainee mechanic. Started in 1990 and stayed with them for 6 years. I remember XJO, you say it was registered with the NEC, well it was still run by Woodalls! Then came back in house and painted red all over ( hides the rust so John Woodall told me!). Interesting you mention it belonging to Mick Coulter as he was our MOT and trailer man. He always had a soft spot for an F7 and was gutted when they scrapped FUT 109 V, his Mot unit and they then gave him that one.

Thanks for the info, I contacted woodalls they remembered the lorry but no pictures.

Xdriver:

Ferguson:
I got this F7 back in 2012, 16 speed 38ton, I am looking for any info or pictures when it was working.
This is what i have got so far
Dawson freight,(leighton buzzard) 1985-1988 white/black (B196XJO)
Woodall transport group (coleshill), 1988-1992
NEC,(birmingham),1992-1995 blue
Woodall transport group, 1995-2004 red, and reg was A18WTG and possible it was A14WTG at some time
M. Coulter (solihull), 2004-2005 (B196XJO)
Market expo ltd (honiton), 2005-2006
R. Pattemore (crewkerne), 2006-2012

Hi, I worked for Dawsonfreight as a fitter in Leighton Buzzard until 1990, if I remember correctly this was one of several Dawsonrentals F7’s that were on contract with Autocar car transporters up by Luton airport, they became Walon. I may have a photo of the old girl somewhere, will see if I can find it for you.

Thanks for the info, I guessed it was out on a contract for someone. Also the air stack has been cut down which would be for a car transporter trailer over the cab. If you find any pictures I would like a copy please. Thanks Jason

Cheers thanks , just fitted period roof rack

volvo f6:
Cheers thanks , just fitted period roof rack0

very nice!!

Carl:

Amazing pics. i owned second hand A480 SFE a 8 wheel tipper bought off a company with red and cream tippers somewhere along the A47. cut the bulk body down too semi bulk and insulated it for quarry work. plenty about thise days in Leicestershire m42 and M40 were being built.

volvo f6:

Very tidy

volvo f6:

Hello,

I do have a roofrack with ladder for sale for an F7-sleeper-cab which might be interesting for some-one in the UK. Shipping will be no problem because I visit the UK weekly.

Best regards,

Stefan

DSCF5217.JPG

Stefan Bloemen:

That intierior pic brought back a few memories Stefan, drove one from 1981 to 1986 moved to another company & had another for a further 2 yrs. The colour sceme of the one with roof rack very simular to my 1st one

Hi, I’ve seen many photos of your f7 , it’s looks brilliant , a lovely original truck. I’ve made a roof rack for mine, it’s a shame I didn’t know about yours , I didn’t think there was any of them still around. Regards Laz .