Volvo F4 / F7 models , all gone?

Volvo F7 in Spain.

I’ve never even heard of an F4 or FL4 before? F/FL7 of course I have.

The F4 and later FL4 had a 6 cylinders engine called TD 40 issued from Volvo Penta which was designed for boats.It was not very successfull with durability and fuel economy.The truck was also heavier than a Bedford , Ford D ,Fiat.OM or Mercedes of the same range.

Don’t know what engine this had in but I heard it coming from miles away. I can’t recall seeing an F4 over here but I have been told there were some. The FL4 sold a few but they were a nightmare to get through the smoke test. Haven’t seen one for years.

As Truckfing said, the smoke test was so bad that Volvo launched the FLC with a Perkins engine.Here a Scandinavian one.

A F 408 tipper in France from 1983.

A TF 7 sold in United States.

Sorry…

The Biker:
That brings back memories drove one regularly part time a bit underpowered and under braked but good in a tight spot.

One from Barnard Castle truck show year before last.

that f7 looks very much the same colour of the old north east firm Barnfathers [previously Barnfather & Wilkes]

this was mine i, i took it off the road late 2001 and replaced it with a fl7 6x2, i only sold it last april/may and believe it to now be back on the road

Phone 196.jpg

The Biker:
That brings back memories drove one regularly part time a bit underpowered and under braked but good in a tight spot.

One from Barnard Castle truck show year before last.

this looks like an old Barnfather motor , its even the right colour

me dads old F7 quality truck

Two of London Brick Buildings motors,day cab based at Coventry and the sleeper at Banbury

some f7.s

img059.jpg

img057.jpg

img056.jpg

2004-07-04%2010-00-09.jpg

2004-07-04%2009-59-54.jpg

Here is a little F 7 (US version) , I bought early last year and started restoration. Got a good bit done last summer and pretty much took the winter away from it but we are back on it now. The engine is being completely rebuilt and is nearly finished. The cab is stripped down now and should be primed and painted in the next 3 _4 weeks. I will put up more photos as we progress over the summer. :smiley:

nice work that :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers benkku