The MIGHTY Volvo F7

truckerash:
QUESTION: Is this an F7 or not■■? :confused:

or do we have a “special sub thread”> F7 HYBRIDS ?
or am I just being petty? :confused:

Great looking truck though! Pics courtesy of Wilsons.

I remember that truck, it use to come into our Volvo workshop for warranty work, I worked on it, I think there were problems with the warranty as some parts were Terberg and some Volvo. Started work with a Volvo dealer in 1979, worked on all sorts of F7’s, done many mods on them, anyone remember riveting a plate to the underside of the cab, where the gear lever came through?, cabs used to split here.
Those were the days, no v-vads to worry about.

There’s a nice photo and caption in this months ‘Vintage Roadscene’ of an F7 that used to run reguarly from Denmark to Italy at 48t.

Better him than me last one I had B reg was a good puller but 48t :unamused: :unamused: bit much for little 6ltr

another f7 restored any info of this truck please

The business, has anyone got any pics of Joseph Hoyle F7’s

Kirkham GVTS today

Here s a few of many F7s that were really popular round the Buxton area

42b jaspers.jpg

Is that top f7 keith lathams old one before he had his fl10 ?

Telekonsteve:
Is that top f7 keith lathams old one before he had his fl10 ?

I dont think Colin had this from new, so it might be.

I had an F7 brand new (JAT 579V) great motor used to do Northern Ireland with it, Belgium - Dundonald round trip. Never put a foot wrong only down side was the exhauster brake was bloody US.

Not sure if this has been posted before, was sent to me by an old workmate of mine who I have just got in touch with through this site.
IIRC this was Harry’s motor that carried cooking oil to the Smiths/Tudor factory at Peterlee.
At the time I was driving an F86 wagon and drag from Cheadle Hulme to Leeds twice a day, was always envious of the F7, most of the artic fleet was ERFs at this time - now they were draughty !!

That Smiths tank & day cab F7 would be one of the early ones 1979

This was the first F7 in Hull supplied by Crossroads

That brings back memories old “10 bob a ton” Blakeys motor. He also had the longest none trombone trailer in the north.

Spud1960:

Carlc:
That brings back memories old “10 bob a ton” Blakeys motor. He also had the longest none trombone trailer in the north.

Spud1960:

Yep a 60 ft tandem