The Lone newbie Trucker

Well A couple of months have passed now since I passed my cat C test and Ive had a few agency Crap Jobs and a few good ones now im sort of a part time self employed Class 2 driver Helping out a local firm ,No agency , invoice them Friday paid sataday ,

I enjoy Getting in The Truck of a night being alone driving to my Collection in Bradford up the m62 up that daft Hill ,Getting blown to bits in a empty curtain sider :laughing:

Is it me but being alone at night in a truck with no Phone calls no stress Just the best kind of job you can get?? This isnt a Job its more like a hobby :wink:

Roll on class 1 next year and a few nights out with my Ipad and sleeping bag :laughing:

Oh must add Is it me Or people in Bradford just have no road manners :laughing: Sorry if your from Bradford :exclamation:

Bradistan is not a good place to drive. I always have one eye on the rucksacks…

I want to start night trunking or something to get used to driving an artic. personally love the thought of truck driving through the night. I work nights in a warehouse at the moment so wouldn’t be an issue for me.

dave_garner:
I want to start night trunking or something to get used to driving an artic. personally love the thought of truck driving through the night. I work nights in a warehouse at the moment so wouldn’t be an issue for me.

I love working nights, my body doesn’t like it but that’s a different story :smiley:

I usually need a good couple of days to recover from them.

I cannot do them in my current job (which is midwifery) as we have 13hour shifts at night and by the time I get home I only have 6 hours sleep, I need a minimum of 8 hours sleep, if I can do that then nights are bearable

I did do night trunking for Littlewoods and loved it loved it loved it, would do it again without a second thought

Trucker 1:
Oh must add Is it me Or people in Bradford just have no road manners :laughing: Sorry if your from Bradford :exclamation:

I think you’ll find that’s it’s not just Bradford but all over uk road manners are very variable, particularly when people rush off to work half asleep in the small hours of the morning & the end of the day , keen observation is a must at all times :sunglasses: :smiley:

I live in ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ hate the hole and if anyone has to pass through enjoy the curry as it’s about only thing it’s good for. Even our tanned pals hate the E. Europeans which I find perversely funny!

It’s a dump, second to Brid!

nobodysdriving:

dave_garner:

I love working nights, my body doesn’t like it but that’s a different story :smiley:

I usually need a good couple of days to recover from them.

I cannot do them in my current job (which is midwifery) as we have 13hour shifts at night and by the time I get home I only have 6 hours sleep, I need a minimum of 8 hours sleep, if I can do that then nights are bearable

I did do night trunking for Littlewoods and loved it loved it loved it, would do it again without a second thought

I’m the same but I can run on 6 hours sleep okay.

What exactly did your trunking job involve and how did it come about - it would be interesting to know.

I’ve heard bits about trunking and it sounds good

I’ve noticed that people in Bradford can’t drive.

eagerbeaver:
Bradistan is not a good place to drive. I always have one eye on the rucksacks…

PMSL :laughing: I think we are all on the same page here :laughing:

I do agree its not just Bradford but all over the place but It is Bad ,people just walk out on you ,reverse out of minors etc, :angry:

And why do some drivers do 40 in the middle lane on the M62 when the average speed checks say max 50mph at the road works Move back over when you can :angry: :angry: :laughing: :laughing:

Trucker1-you have hit on one of my real pet hates mate!

Regardless of the speed limit,the rule is keep left unless overtaking.Your observations are correct. Helmets doing 40 mph in the centre lane in roadworks grrr.

My favourite sight around Bradistan is when they get those bloody tribal skirt things that the ‘elders’ wear,trapped in the door.

90% Egyptian cotton,10% spray suppression road grime lol.