What a waste of a good old Foden.

240 Gardner:

fryske:

240 Gardner:

rward:
hi 240 gardener where are those f88 please thanks rowland

Newell & Wrights’ yard in 2004

What about the Commer?

I thought you’d be asking that, Steve! It was in mid-Wales on last year’s hols - I shall have to see if I can look at the map and remind myself!

Cheers Chris -

Come on larry get your spanners out,have it running in no time,dont forget your greedy boards.

Aye you a quite right, I have the gear the knowledege & the dosh, but what I lack is time & a place to do it, I would enjoy doing an old Foden up , but alas Im getting too old, but at least Im still here , getting up at 6.00.am sometimes to have a good old cuppa, nip to the paper shop & then back home, to do my own thing , which is bloody great. Regards Larry.

its sad seeing all these old lorries what a waste i want to buy an old scania to restore i want a 142 anyone know of any?

donedeal.ie usually has a few on them and i know creggan transport in ireland has a 4 wheeler sat there? maybe will sell it?

Reclaimed by the weeds by fryske, on Flickr

Deconstructing by fryske, on Flickr

Volvo F12 wrecker by fryske, on Flickr

Some pictures i took yesterday of poor old girls in a sorry state near Derby

scan0180.jpg

scan0185.jpg

scan0179.jpg
Dont think this AEC 505 will ever run again it looks like its been left with five injectors out for years.

pimmer73:
found this today on me travels looks to good to be scrapped !!

hi ya pimmer73 be in huntsworth monday late morning . that crediton milling daf is out Bow i went in that farm last year to the left , got to cross the railway line do you go in there ? mite see you or marcus monday ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Check out these that snapped yesterday in the Carlton & Shafton area of Barnsley yesterday…they all cut a sad image that harks back a generation.

Ford D Series flat bed, positively embedded!

Same yard, further down the track, I was reliably informed the the chap who owned both wagons, that this used to be a Ford A Series.

Different yard just down the road…a couple of ERF’s keep each other company in a bleak setting.

“Duz tha like us posh snap wagon?” was the remark from a lad who popped out of the back of this one perched high on a wall of containers…I thought he was kiddin, until I went to the back and saw more of his mates enjoying their mid morning brew. :slight_smile:

I was told that it used to be a BR Gang Welfare wagon, maybe you know diferent?

Does anyone know anything about these?

Thanks for looking.

1957 JCB.

1966 Albion.

Albion Reiver

What became of this likely LAD? by fryske, on Flickr

hilltop4:

“Duz tha like us posh snap wagon?” was the remark from a lad who popped out of the back of this one perched high on a wall of containers…I thought he was kiddin, until I went to the back and saw more of his mates enjoying their mid morning brew. :slight_smile:

Thanks for looking.

I’d say either BR van or British Telecom engineers’ van-I’m sure BT had Sherpas of that era though.

Hiya…i spotted this trailer yesterday on some rough ground…i know the owner and would think this trailer is for sale.
i posted the photo as i know they fit behind period units to look right. this been a 40ft spread axe and a van is quite rare.
l
John

Muckaway:

hilltop4:

Thanks for looking.

I’d say either BR van or British Telecom engineers’ van-I’m sure BT had Sherpas of that era though.

It is a BR maintenance crew van. the body work is built to their spec.
The number plates look original, and on a T plate 1979/80, was probably one of the last FGs supplied. They had Leyland Terriers after that.
Closer inspection would be needed, but it wouldn’t take to much work to get that up and running.

Over the years my father ran a good number of FGs with fridge bodies. Cheap and easy to maintain, and reliable motors in their day.
A diferent but nice project for restoration!

Paul

Still fires up.

fryske:

Reclaimed by the weeds by fryske, on Flickr

Deconstructing by fryske, on Flickr

Volvo F12 wrecker by fryske, on Flickr

Hi fryske, That F12 wrecker looks like a leicester reg, its slightly obscured but i’m sure its YJU, there were quite a few YJU volvo’s around the leicester area.