The Graveyard

There’s a Tea-coli van in the layby right next to it, so i stopped and knocked on the farmers door for permission to take a pic. He was great, told me all the info on it, reckons its been laid up for about 5 years, but he says, when he gets round to it, its going back on the road :open_mouth: .
Hope it does and good luck to it ! :laughing:

I used to pass that way every week and he’s right that scania has been in that shed for 5 or6 years

Dave77erf:
I used to pass that way every week and he’s right that scania has been in that shed for 5 or6 years

Says he’s been offered allsorts of silly money for it but won’t part with it. Says he still needs it, fair do’s, hope he gets it going again.

Well it’s very easy to see if your coming from fakenham like you said so I surppose he’s had a lot off people calling round always thought it was a shame to see it sitting there year after year ino it’s sort of under cover but it’s only going to get worse hope he does get it back on the road looks like one I used to around kingslynn think it was S T Shipping mite be wrong

Spotted these today in Len Isherwoods yard at Bacup Lancs,I had a word with the man himself and apparently they both belong to someone else and Len has got the job of restoring them,cant wait to see the finished job.He did say that the Atki started life as a 6 wheeler.

A few laid up oldies seen at Taylor and Morrisons yard in Carnwath, Lanarkshire in Aug 2010.

Early ERF E series at Taylor and Morrison.

hiya,
Just spent a couple of hours on this thread and what a pleasant time it was, many thanks to
everyone who has contributed, made my day.
thanks harry long retired.

5158396411_28dcb13fa1_z.jpg

Stanfield:
Spotted these today in Len Isherwoods yard at Bacup Lancs,I had a word with the man himself and apparently they both belong to someone else and Len has got the job of restoring them,cant wait to see the finished job.He did say that the Atki started life as a 6 wheeler.0321

There`s 1 very similar to the Atki in Bradford up Bowling Back Lane no body and partly restored its owned by Robert Gomersal (RGS)

6025861446_de59c6aa21_z.jpg

Drop body Ford Cargo minus cab

scan0181.jpg

hi 240 gardener where are those f88 please thanks rowland

rward:

Newell & Wrights’ yard in 2004

To say it was written off in the mid-80s:

it seems to have survived a remarkably long time:

Date of Liability 15 07 2011
Date of First Registration 01 03 1983 (I remember going to the licencing office in Preston to register it!)
Year of Manufacture 1983
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 5600cc
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour BLUE

240 Gardner:

rward:

What about the Commer?

found this today on me travels looks to good to be scrapped !!

016.JPG

fryske:

240 Gardner:

rward:

What about the Commer?

I thought you’d be asking that, Steve! It was in mid-Wales on last year’s hols - I shall have to see if I can look at the map and remind myself!