The Graveyard

Greetings,All. Ref. the Shell spirit trailer at the old Ford R.N.A.S. airfield,I’ve found out that it was based at the Wandsworth Depot and driven by a mate of mine on “C” shift.Ray Cope was his name.It was pulled by an E.R.F. “B” series with a Spicer 6 speed splitter. GHX 555 W. Engine :- Rolls Royce Eagle 265. I have driven it in the past. Regards, 900x20. :smiley: :laughing:

Now saved for preservation but long a feature of a canalside footpath in Shropshire –

not sure which one of these c series it was but it i last seen it working in 96/97 moving gkn chep plts around the midlands… since then she aint moved, this yard is like alladins cave old gardner engines and david brown gearboxes dumped all over the place, ford cargo 4 wheeler rigids parked up with trees gowing through the middle, proper hauliers yard.

Some nice stuff in that yard. I hope the driver of the b series is not still on a break

Are any of them for sale Mick ?

Dave77erf:
Some nice stuff in that yard. I hope the driver of the b series is not still on a break

hiya,
Naw he’s just in the queue at Liverpool docks.
thanks harry, long retired.

the b series looks all there and not to bad

gunnerheskey:
This was laid to rest about 6 months ago. She can still growl, an i’m sure she still could do a good turn…

Why is that just dumped??! Are prices so bad now or is it placed in “strategic reserve”?

AEC Mammoth Major 6 after being unearthed:

AEC Mammoth Major 6 after being scalped!

dew:

STEVE OWEN:
The Scammell would have come from the then Leyland dealers in Northampton, i had A115 UVV which was a Roadtrain 1729…i was 21 yrs old and had it brand new!!

gunnerheskey:

DeeDah:
what about the Scammell lurking in the background?

gunnerheskey:
This old gem’s just waiting to be saved… And still in decent knick too… :slight_smile:

Jeez, DeeDah what was i thinking :open_mouth: Your so right.
Here she is

Double drive too by the looks of it? Definetly needs saving!

think there was a firm called gilmans used to have roadtrains in that colour, used to do alot of spuds

Aye we ran two Roadtrains great motors One F reg & one K reg trouble free motors, Regards Larry.

Muckaway:

gunnerheskey:
This was laid to rest about 6 months ago. She can still growl, an i’m sure she still could do a good turn…

Why is that just dumped??! Are prices so bad now or is it placed in “strategic reserve”?

Its not long had £5000 spent on it, apparantly its going to be sorted out…

Mandator.jpg
Nice little gem

Round the back at our place…

Also ex Rugby cement Tanker…

Old Rugby Cement Tanker.jpg

hi gunner looks like most of brindleys trailers deserve a pic on this thread too lol …you working for them now ■■?