The Graveyard

I found this old girl last week but only had a couple of minutes to take a couple of pics… No registration plates or any identifying markings but apparently all the bits are there, just not necessarily bolted to the lorry :smiley:

Long shot I know but I was wondering if anyone can identify her…

Phone pics 037.jpg

Phone pics 038.jpg

Phone pics 039.jpg

gunnerheskey:
This old gem’s just waiting to be saved… And still in decent knick too… :slight_smile:

someone has to save this, i would if i had the spare wonga :unamused:

Piston broke:
I found this old girl last week but only had a couple of minutes to take a couple of pics… No registration plates or any identifying markings but apparently all the bits are there, just not necessarily bolted to the lorry :smiley:

Long shot I know but I was wondering if anyone can identify her…

& someone must save this 1 too

tetragaz:

gunnerheskey:
This old gem’s just waiting to be saved… And still in decent knick too… :slight_smile:

someone has to save this, i would if i had the spare wonga :unamused:

hiya,
This and the Scammell both look “driveawayable” I have tramped
with a darned sight rougher looking than these two and about half
the poke I would expect.
thanks harry, long retired.

Hiya…i spotted this ERF last week… it would,nt take much to put this motor into some sort of show truck.
i,ve seen times when i,d have dreamed of a lorry like this one.a windscreen silencer and two batteries
you,d be away.the tyres are good

John

Waiting to be resurected, in the very near future, Regards Larry.

002.JPG

I remember testing the Barnes & Tipping Strato Sed Atki at Kirkham HGVTS about 15 yr ago, 410 ■■■■■■■ in it if I remember

JAKEY:
Found this in oxon . was inside upto about10 years ago , the owner failed to pay his storage , what a shame :open_mouth:

A Stag in magenta :smiley: i want it!

I Remember driving the Barnes and Tippings Strato when it was brand New!! It was one of three new ones 2 x 6x2 units and 1 x 4x2 unit it was a kick up ERF,s Manchesters arse on price by Woody. :open_mouth:

Had some alloys for my Golf shot blasted by a local farmer just up the road from me on the A34 in Stafford. Didn’t see what was lurking in the field by the industrial units he lets untill I collected the wheels yesterday!

Hiya…now this is a graveyard come to life… go to you tube…type in Fiat 642 n…
look for the lorry with bullit holes… go for the 11.24 minute clip to see 1/2 idiots getting a lump
of rust going again…god i wish i,d have been with them.
John

Slater & Son:
Had some alloys for my Golf shot blasted by a local farmer just up the road from me on the A34 in Stafford. Didn’t see what was lurking in the field by the industrial units he lets untill I collected the wheels yesterday!

That’s William Bakers old place, I remember when the LB 76 was almost new, an E reg 67 IIRC, by the way I use that shotblaster a lot for motorcycle parts, there is also a good powder coaters shop (Nirvana eng.?) across the road from there.

DeeDah:
what about the Scammell lurking in the background?

gunnerheskey:

Jeez, DeeDah what was i thinking :open_mouth: Your so right.
Here she is

That Scammell cab is immaculate. I bet a showman somewhere would buy it on the spot.

Trev_H:

Slater & Son:

That’s William Bakers old place, I remember when the LB 76 was almost new, an E reg 67 IIRC, by the way I use that shotblaster a lot for motorcycle parts, there is also a good powder coaters shop (Nirvana eng.?) across the road from there.

Hiya,I wonder if the old Vabis looking sorry for itself was this one,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

The Scammell would have come from the then Leyland dealers in Northampton, i had A115 UVV which was a Roadtrain 1729…i was 21 yrs old and had it brand new!!

gunnerheskey:

DeeDah:

gunnerheskey:

Here she is

STEVE OWEN:
The Scammell would have come from the then Leyland dealers in Northampton, i had A115 UVV which was a Roadtrain 1729…i was 21 yrs old and had it brand new!!

gunnerheskey:

DeeDah:

gunnerheskey:

Here she is

Double drive too by the looks of it? Definetly needs saving!

This was laid to rest about 6 months ago. She can still growl, an i’m sure she still could do a good turn…

bubbleman:

Trev_H:

Slater & Son:

Hiya,I wonder if the old Vabis looking sorry for itself was this one,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hello all, bet if you looked under all that rust you may have found what remained of the Gardner LXB that powered her in her last years,…ask “young” Bill!!! Had many a deal in that yard in years ago, with “old” Bill,…gosh Im getting old, must have some Bollinger, …for the shock you know!! Cheerio for now.

bubbleman:

Hi Bubbs, yes that would be the one but it looks like I was wrong about it being an E reg as that one is F reg and I’m pretty sure he only had the one. That photo would have been taken at East park W-ton behind the greyhound track, I think Bill Wright the salesman used to take the
new motors there for a publicity shot.