Tanker Assesment

Drift:
Oh and hopefully if you get the job, remember to vent when tipping and loading…
This is not the same as trucknet members “venting” at each other :wink:

But don’t vent if you’re trying to compress a load off otherwise you could be there all day…

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:
I think both Conor and Jake are missing a point. Taking your foot off the brake, without the handbrake being applied… :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:
Liquid tankers, whenever stopped (but especially behind stopped vehicles, in front of pedestrian crossings etc), always handbrake on. Always.

For what it’s worth, I’ve driven milk tankers for 10 years, single pot with and without baffle, and twin pots. Ex-farm and reload.

As I said ND, Conners scenario would be caused by bad driving and not the fact the milk was sloshing about. :wink:

A slack 24000 litre lift tank on a 20’ tandem skelly will sort out the tanker men from the ■■■■■■ men [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,
Thought I would give you an update, had the assessment drive on Sat passed with no problems. Got the job start in a couple weeks …

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
A slack 24000 litre lift tank on a 20’ tandem skelly will sort out the tanker men from the [zb] men [emoji846]

To separate the real tanker :grimacing: driving gods from the mere tanker men, ask for the 20’ skelly to be reversed… :sunglasses: :exclamation:

Wheel Nut:
A slack 24000 litre lift tank on a 20’ tandem skelly will sort out the tanker men from the [zb] men [emoji846]

Talking about 20’ skelly trailers. My first job here was on the containers out of Swansea docks, driving a 20’ skelly (with manually adjusted brakes :open_mouth: ) to collieries in South Wales, collecting coal in open top 20’ iso containers. That was an interesting, if steep, learning experience.
The other job was 20’ iso flats, collecting coils from the Trostre steel works. Backing into the narrow raised loading bays certainly thought one to reverse a 20’ trailer.

Dave73-UK:
Hi Guys,
Thought I would give you an update, had the assessment drive on Sat passed with no problems. Got the job start in a couple weeks …

Well done, hope the job goes well.

Dave73-UK:
Hi Guys,

pleased for you mate, congrats :sunglasses:

well done, let us know how it goes .

remy:

Drift:
I drive tankers delivering liquid animal feed and dairy products, my tank only has one baffle an you certainly notice it when you have to brake hard, so keep good distances and be ready for the dopes that cut in front of you.
Also when loaded go very slowly around sharp bends as the product climbs the inside of the tank opposite to the turn you are in and wants to drag it over, I’ve tried strapping it down but I just got wet and smelly :laughing:

Would load bars help ? put a couple on top of the liquid to hold it down :wink: :wink:

The best way is to fill a tank up so that it overflows. Shut the lids and you have XL rated ’ positive fit '.

Can’t believe the lack of knowledge on here sometimes :unamused:

Thought I would give you guys a quick update.
Done a total of 3 weeks on the job training, so pretty thorough.
Loving the job, quite a bit of waiting around thou, hour to lot and tip minimum, in reality more like 2. Most of it is waiting thou, 5-10 mins to setup and get stuff going, then just keep popping out and checking nothing has gone wrong.
A lot easier than curtainsiders that’s for sure, don’t regret moving one bit … Yet.
Not really experienced the liquid moving in the tanks much, they are baffled so I guess that helps, and haven’t had to do any emergency stops yet, I guess that’s where you would really feel it.
Thanks for all the advice guys, it really helped and made the whole process much less stressful…