Suttons Tankers Dispute

robroy:

dieseldave:

Beetlejuice:
They have used managers and supervisors from other contracts to cross picket what, disgusting behaviour!!!

off Facebook tanker page ^

Following a complaint to TN management, your picture was removed.

Please don’t re-post it.

Just goes to show they are embarrassed and ashamed by it in reality eh?
Why should they be if they have the courage of their convictions, and if they were honourable gentlemen convinced they were in the right, they would say ‘‘Bring it on , I have done nothing wrong and I stand by it’’ …but no they go crying to the moderators of a forum. :unamused: [zb] pathetic eh?
Spineless arse wipe scabs…end of !! . :smiling_imp:

I sincerely hope the mods do not remove this post, if this [zb] weasel complains again, and that the Forum is better than that. :bulb:

However the picture was posted with the intention to intimidate and harass drivers who were simply doing a job to ensure that the end customer gets what they want . No one should bow to pressure from a few hot head militants . Maybe the striking drivers should be greatfull that they have had such a good deal for so long and now accept the commercial realities of life . Anyone wanting a pay increase and who believes that their skillls are so valuable has the option of offering their services to another employer . The other option would be for all those on strike to set up their own company and tout for work themselves . In this case their earnings would be unlimited ( unless the economic realities of running a profitable company kicks in ) .

N.I Express:

robroy:

dieseldave:

Beetlejuice:
They have used managers and supervisors from other contracts to cross picket what, disgusting behaviour!!!

Please don’t re-post it.

Why should they be if they have the courage of their convictions, and if they were honourable gentlemen convinced they were in the right, they would say ‘‘Bring it on , I have done nothing wrong and I stand by it’’ …but no they go crying to the moderators of a forum. :unamused: [zb] pathetic eh?

I sincerely hope the mods do not remove this post, if this [zb] weasel complains again, and that the Forum is better than that. :bulb:

However the picture was posted with the intention to intimidate and harass drivers who were simply doing a job to ensure that the end customer gets what they want . No one should bow to pressure from a few hot head militants . Maybe the striking drivers should be greatfull that they have had such a good deal for so long and now accept the commercial realities of life . Anyone wanting a pay increase and who believes that their skillls are so valuable has the option of offering their services to another employer . The other option would be for all those on strike to set up their own company and tout for work themselves . In this case their earnings would be unlimited ( unless the economic realities of running a profitable company kicks in ) .

Probably you who reported it .moronic reporter of anything you disagree with .you pathetic little worm.

robroy:

dieseldave:

Beetlejuice:

Please don’t re-post it.

I’d say whatever the convictions of those drivers, it doesn’t help when the end result is,your window smashed in, car keyed or at the extreme end, violence. My Dad was an OD in the days when being an OD meant fixing your truck on your one day off and running two log books and we were still dirt poor, so yes he delivered into Liverpool docks while the strike was on. I think the sight of violent mob mentality cemented a desire to always plough your own furrow. Any idiot could see containers were going to be the future.

I was struck once listening to the radio a couple of years ago, that a miner who had supported the strike still hated those who had crossed the picket line and still wouldn’t speak to them. I just don’t get it. If you believe a strike is wrong, then don’t support it. If you believe in freedom of speech and action, then let the strike breakers carry on.

The reality is that this will go nowhere, wether that’s right or wrong. Either people will take a cut, and no I don’t think a cut of that much is fair to them or they’ll be out of work because someone who is paying £9.00 an hour, which is pretty standard round here, will take it over.

If Suttons don’t cut the only cost they can, they either run at a loss or they walk away from the contract. Personally I’d walk away, but big companies have other factors to consider; I have the luxury of only consulting with myself.

N.I Express:

Sometimes a bit of intimidation or violence seems like the last roll of the dice for working people in this rigged game Mr Bean Counter. It shouldn’t be like that ideally but we have to deal with the realities of life at the sharp end, eh?

TiredAndEmotional:

N.I Express:

Sometimes a bit of intimidation or violence seems like the last roll of the dice for working people in this rigged game Mr Bean Counter. It shouldn’t be like that ideally but we have to deal with the realities of life at the sharp end, eh?

I honest don’t know what the answer is, I don’t like the situation (talking about the race to the bottom generally), but threatening people with violence is never the way forward.

albion:

TiredAndEmotional:

N.I Express:

I honest don’t know what the answer is, I don’t like the situation (talking about the race to the bottom generally), but threatening people with violence is never the way forward.

A race to the bottom? A 30% cut will still see them on about 40 grand a year.

Beetlejuice:

■■■■:

Beetlejuice:

TiredAndEmotional:
I feel Janos has a story to tell if he could only bring himself to enlighten us.

He reminds me of a car keyer.A jealous victim of his own miserable self worth .

Now now Bilejuice.

Mr Green is a better username than ■■■■

Wind your neck in Beetlejizz. You are embarrassing yourself.

albion:

TiredAndEmotional:

N.I Express:

It’s a harsh world Mrs A and there will be threats from all sides. Blacking an employee for instance as Carillion, that bastion of private industry, remember them, were found to have done. It’s a rigged game Mrs A and sometimes there’s not many cards left in the workers hands Mrs A and they always had less than the employers to start with. Reality. It’s a ■■■■■.

■■■■:

Beetlejuice:

■■■■:

Beetlejuice:
He reminds me of a car keyer.A jealous victim of his own miserable self worth .

Now now Bilejuice.

Mr Green is a better username than ■■■■

Wind your neck in Beetlejizz. You are embarrassing myself.

Yeah ok ■■■■

Janos:

I imagine some of them might have mortgages etc…

albion:

robroy:

dieseldave:

Beetlejuice:

Please don’t re-post it.

I was struck once listening to the radio a couple of years ago, that a miner who had supported the strike still hated those who had crossed the picket line and still wouldn’t speak to them. I just don’t get it. If you believe a strike is wrong, then don’t support it. If you believe in freedom of speech and action, then let the strike breakers carry on.

The minors lost everything ,Jobs houses cars then families …So I respect his right to feel a bit grieved by it all.

Lets face it ,Some people on this forum develops deep rooted hate for one crossed word ffs .

Janos:

albion:

As I said I was talking on a more general basis. I have no idea what Suttons drivers are on, the principle remains that they are unsurprisingly ■■■■■■ off at the reduction of their wage, irrespective of if you earn 20k or 60k, You had a deal and now someone wans to go back on it.

TiredAndEmotional:

albion:

TiredAndEmotional:

N.I Express:

It’s a harsh world Mrs A and there will be threats from all sides. Blacking an employee for instance as Carillion, that bastion of private industry, remember them, were found to have done. It’s a rigged game Mrs A and sometimes there’s not many cards left in the workers hands Mrs A and they always had less than the employers to start with. Reality. It’s a ■■■■■.

It is. I’m an optimist though. And it’s Miss :smiley:

Beetlejuice:
[quote=“albion”

The minors lost everything ,Jobs houses cars then families …So I respect his right to feel a bit grieved by it all.

Lets face it ,Some people on this forum develops deep rooted hate for one crossed word ffs .
[/quote]
I had noticed :laughing: .

But what does it achieve to be bitter for decades and if those that carried on mining believed that the strike was wrong, what were they supposed to do? We laud people for having the courage of their convictions, for sticking to their principles, unless the principles are different to ours. Getting a bit philosophical here :open_mouth:

albion:

TiredAndEmotional:

N.I Express:

I will tell you what the way forward is Albion.

It requires some belief and a tiny bit of courage. You simply walk out of a crap job, or don’t take one in the first place.
Sadly though, most people are frightened worms and don’t have what it takes to stick together.

We’re on the same page there EB.

albion:

Janos:

albion:

As I said I was talking on a more general basis. I have no idea what Suttons drivers are on, the principle remains that they are unsurprisingly ■■■■■■ off at the reduction of their wage, irrespective of if you earn 20k or 60k, You had a deal and now someone wans to go back on it.

There have been experiments done (Saturday night, I`ll try to post links tomorrow) about perceived values of possessions and possible gains. People will value a lot more what they already have than what they could possibly gain. How much harder is it then for someone (Suttons drivers) to give up what they have knowing full well THEY ARE GOING TO LOOSE?
Management here have made a BooBoo. They are obeying current UK laws it seems. Give transport to another company. TUPE employees over. New company has to re-tender, and Voila! All your old, experienced, valuable drivers at a knock down price. Welcome to “Competitive Britain”. (Sorry, is that bait?)

As it is I don`t think the posting of piccies was a good idea. Not harmful in itself, of course, but just. . . un-necessary?

I`ve got to agree with you Albion:
You have provided no answers.

Where can I get a refund?

albion:
We’re on the same page there EB.

:wink: Don’t get me wrong mate, treat me right and I will give you the shirt off my back, but in return I expect an employer to realise that I finished school nearly 30 years ago.

’ Brain storming ’ and ’ working for a solution ’ type phrases simply ■■■■ me off. Not because I am unintelligent, just simply because I only get one go on this planet, and I haven’t got time for bullshine off non-job pointy shoe wearing pricks.

Tell it as it is, and have some integrity about you. Or go elsewhere and peddle your crap to someone who is gullible enough to listen :sunglasses:

I’m not in charge of answers Franglais, way past my pay grade!

EB, I was once in a meeting where someone actually used the word blue sky thinking…I could barely keep a straight face.

albion:
I’m not in charge of answers Franglais, way past my pay grade!

EB, I was once in a meeting where someone actually used the word blue sky thinking…I could barely keep a straight face.

Mine would have been something along these lines mate…

PMSL.jpg