Stobarts recruiting

Looks like Mr Stobarts may have got rid off a few to many drivers they are recruiting big style even looking for trampers stobartgroup.co.uk/careers/vacancies/

He may not be everyones cup of tea but a job is a job especially if your lacking experience.

:unamused:

Jesus wept, how do they get worthwhile staff at the money on offer.

Must be up to date with DCPC as well! does this mean they are not willing to put drivers through it in the future?

It looks like they have put Eds gardening job up since he passed his C+E on the telly :stuck_out_tongue:

They will have to replace the new Equity members from somewhere, they have become Lovies

Am i right in thinking if they made people redundant, they can’t readvertise the same job within 12 months?

skids:
Must be up to date with DCPC as well! does this mean they are not willing to put drivers through it in the future?

not if there going to lay them off like they did the trampers when the work dies off or change structure again.plus for me burton to cannock everyday isn’t financially viable on those wages.

jonboy

Juddian:

Same as most firms today, ie no NEED to pay a good wage when they can pay a wage somewhere between total crap and border-line manageable, and get away with it. Drivers are ten a penny at the moment, if you won’t work for it someone else sure as hell will no matter how much of a ■■■■-take the wage may be, and you can see why, everybody has commitments, and so it goes on. After saying that I have heard of worse rates for drivers than are offered on their vacancy site, but for me when it comes to Stobarts the words ■■■■ & fire spring to mind, far too much BS for me, and what the hell is a “Debriefing Clerk” ffs :open_mouth: :unamused: , are they going on WW2 bombing raids or something :unamused: , as I said too much BS.

skids:

Probably means they don’t want the hassle of drivers that aren’t working towards the 35 hours and they then have to sack them in September 2014.

I would not employ a driver now unless they had proof of already having completed 21 hours. Or alternatively would give them a 3 month probabtion period in which to go get the 21 hours.

By the looks of that it isnt just the drivers that are on ■■■■ poor money its everyone from cleaner to operations manager. I get paid the same as their operations managers?! :open_mouth:

lots of jobs at Magna Park there :open_mouth:

Any idea what that contract is ? They have’nt got the Asda work have they ?

Just intrested by the way , not thinking of applying :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

shade:

Just intrested by the way , not thinking of applying :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

I imagine it is Britvic

Wheel Nut:

shade:

I imagine it is Britvic

Nah! Not Britvic Malc!
That will be for the new chilled depot they are opening up there soon!
To replace the closed Corby/Alcester depots! :wink:

Geeez, alcester gone ■■ When I did some agency for Newark depot alcester was always heaving, super super busy, can’t believe they shut that one !!! I knew about Corby tho.

Juddian:

Errrr,…
There are no Drivers who are gone into Business via apprentice

Its the new generation Work Force (First Class v/s Second Class)

I thought they withdrew the application for the new magna park depot. Loads of local opposition to it

merc0447:
By the looks of that it isnt just the drivers that are on ■■■■ poor money its everyone from cleaner to operations manager. I get paid the same as their operations managers?! :open_mouth:

The wages advertised seem average to me, even slightly above if you take the bonus’ and meal allowance into account (which I know you shouldn’t).

I do Stobart through agency, pretty much £8 / hr straight through, and docked 45 mins break, so they’re better off than I am doing the same job

i couldnt find the rate at cannock what is it? and where is depot i didnt know they had one!

It’s Unilever Cannock! Hickling road! It’s a Stobbies contract site! :wink:

Yet another thread on here about us at Stobarts,and whats this below average wage we supposed to be on…ive worked at Stobarts for 16yrs and still enjoy it and arrive for work on monday morning quite happy and looking foward to a weeks work…yep i do my 70hrs nearly every week,havent dropped more than 10hrs since christmas through are so-called quite period that never happened and after doing 70 laid back hours and 5 nights out still take home £600 plus every week or as we are paid fortnightley…£1220 take home over two weeks…for the work i do,im more than happy with that and i get to park mostly at our own depots with decent showers and cheap restaraunts…nobody forces me to do it,Stobarts are just another haulage company like many others but with the differance of being…they are on the ball and not many drivers or others that work there are allowed to do what they like,they keep a keen eye on all parts of the buisness,if ya dont want to work there nobody is forcing ya to,the proof came when they made a few redundant just after xmas,a few of them drivers had slagged Stobarts off week after week but when they found out they were for the chop they were soon bleating about losing there jobs,has ive said before you people have a problem with Stobarts,get over it and move on and better ya own lives in stead of worrying about us at Stobarts,we can look after ourselves