Suffolk Police White Magnum

Yet another complete waste of tax payers money why do they need a magnum doing 9 mpg can you not see a driver on his phone from an unmarked car

Jamieg:

Harry Monk:
The Police talk on their radios all day, that little curly wire doesn’t make it safe.

The police don’t usually drive arctics and should something go wrong are treated more harshly than a member of the public

Jamieg, you write like you’ve been fully indoctrinated into the ‘Hi-viz’ school of thought, in doing so you’re buying in to their “what we say is wrong IS WRONG” thing!!! I know there has to be laws, but this ‘nanny state’ is becoming totally overpowering, I feel that I can use a hand held phone & drive every bit as well as a police officer can driving while talking into his radio, I obviously don’t as I have a clean licence & would like to keep it so!!

I obey the law, but wouldn’t think of coming on here supporting some of these stupid laws as you are, & as for the police speeding in a tractor unit in an attempt to uncover such unimportant laws, I feel this is more criminal than using the phone in the first place & if you feel that you couldn’t use a hand held & drive safely, you shouldn’t be driving an HGV!! (or whatever they’re calling them this week)

Ross.

Jamieg:

Harry Monk:
The Police talk on their radios all day, that little curly wire doesn’t make it safe.

The police don’t usually drive arctics and should something go wrong are treated more harshly than a member of the public

dont think thats right myself, if something did go wrong it would be covered up sharpish, and another member of the public would be to blame end of!!

Didn’t they have a scania they was patrolling the m6 based at spaghetti jct.where has it gone,I won’t be buying Renault then.

Deeireland:
Didn’t they have a scania they was patrolling the m6 based at spaghetti jct.where has it gone,I won’t be buying Renault then.

Cheshire have a white Scania prowling the M56 & M6, might have put in for a transfer??

Ross.

Cant belive how many people on here are against this inicitive :astonished: do you all think its ok that there are people driving along playing on laptops, talking on phones etc. I fully support this and and think the people wittering on about speeding etc need to have a good look at them selves, however they do it the fact is they are and it seems to be working well

AHT:
Cant belive how many people on here are against this inicitive :astonished: do you all think its ok that there are people driving along playing on laptops, talking on phones etc. I fully support this and and think the people wittering on about speeding etc need to have a good look at them selves, however they do it the fact is they are and it seems to be working well

I don’t support it and think any of the sychophantic, regulation loving, groupies that do should ask themselves what kind of Orwellian ■■■■■■■■ they’re advocating for there offspring and those of others :exclamation:

So you think its right that drives should be allowed to cook food and play around on laptops un challanged?

wuld you be happi for them too use undercover methds to catch a burgluer? if yes then stop moaning

Goaty:

AHT:

I don’t support it and think any of the sychophantic, regulation loving, groupies that do should ask themselves what kind of Orwellian [zb] they’re advocating for there offspring and those of others :exclamation:

I can live with speeding when conditions allow, but there seems to be a growing number of cases where both car and truck drivers think that the driving part is the second reason they are there. Using a mobile phone whilst driving has been scientifically proven to increase the chances of you being involved in an accident. And if a truck hits something it’s far more serious than if a car hits something due to its weight.

If people drove sensibly then the nanny state wouldn’t have a reason to nanny.

Goaty:
I don’t support it and think any of the sychophantic, regulation loving, groupies that do should ask themselves what kind of Orwellian [zb] they’re advocating for there offspring and those of others :exclamation:

Absoubloodylutely!!! I know my limitations & that’s why I’m still alive after all the hundreds of thousands of miles I’ve driven all over Europe, can’t these people see that they’re falling into the ‘1984’ trap of ‘looking down their noses’ & NOW even publically criticising people for doing things that wern’t illegal a few years ago!! I’ve never driven into a car on the hard shoulder, or the back of a queue of vehicles stopped on the motorway because I was useing a hand held phone!!! this despite the FACT that I’ve been useing them since about 1989. I don’t now cos my car & the truck I drive have Parrot hands free kits & I don’t fancy three points.

What I fancy less it the roadside safety lecture from a ‘Merchant Banker’ in uniform who gives not a toss if it was dangerous for ME to do so, it’s only dangerous in his books cos he’s been told it is, now drivers are on here saying it’s dangerous cos pc Plod says it is!!

Talk about easilly lead!!! (same person probably thinks he’s more safe on a building site with an injection moulded hard hat & a high-viz than without :sunglasses: !!!)

Ross.

bigr250:

Goaty:

Absoubloodylutely!!! I know my limitations & that’s why I’m still alive after all the hundreds of thousands of miles I’ve driven all over Europe, can’t these people see that they’re falling into the ‘1984’ trap of ‘looking down their noses’ & NOW even publically criticising people for doing things that wern’t illegal a few years ago!! I’ve never driven into a car on the hard shoulder, or the back of a queue of vehicles stopped on the motorway because I was useing a hand held phone!!! this despite the FACT that I’ve been useing them since about 1989. I don’t now cos my car & the truck I drive have Parrot hands free kits & I don’t fancy three points.

What I fancy less it the roadside safety lecture from a ‘Merchant Banker’ in uniform who gives not a toss if it was dangerous for ME to do so, it’s only dangerous in his books cos he’s been told it is, now drivers are on here saying it’s dangerous cos pc Plod says it is!!

Talk about easilly lead!!! (same person probably thinks he’s more safe on a building site with an injection moulded hard hat & a high-viz than without :sunglasses: !!!)

Not everyone is so clever
who.int/violence_injury_prev … ing_en.pdf

Ross.

Jamieg:

Clearly your not as you haven’t learned how to use ‘quotations’ on this forum yet!!

There’s a bright future waiting for you as a traffic warden, they see things as ‘black & white’, no such thing as a grey area & no chance of an application of logic!!!

Or VOSA, they tell you what to think & do & like some sort of autometan you go forth & ‘nick’ people “cos it says so in the book”!!!

Ross.

IMHO the drivers that have been caught deserve it, after all if your too busy yakking on the phone to notice a fast approaching plain white tractor unit with no trailer (anything like that would stick out like a sore thumb to me) then your obviously not concentrating on the road and thats when accidents happen.

bigr250:

Jamieg:

Clearly your not as you haven’t learned how to use ‘quotations’ on this forum yet!!

There’s a bright future waiting for you as a traffic warden, they see things as ‘black & white’, no such thing as a grey area & no chance of an application of logic!!!

Or VOSA, they tell you what to think & do & like some sort of autometan you go forth & ‘nick’ people “cos it says so in the book”!!!

Ross.

Maybe I was on my mobile when I submitted the post!

Try reading the report and accept that what was acceptable years ago has proved to be unsafe now and due to people’s reluctance to accept change legislation had been required.

Two examples that spring to mind are drink driving and children using car seats and seatbelts.

mrx:
wuld you be happi for them too use undercover methds to catch a burgluer? if yes then stop moaning

is that you immigrant :question:

[quote=“Jamieg” And if a truck hits something it’s far more serious than if a car hits something due to its weight. [/quote]
we got another bleeding albert einstein here :smiley:

The police radios are classified as PTT - Push To Talk. If you can prove you are using your mobile as a PTT device then you can probably get away with it. Handhold radios, cb, amateur radios are similarly classed and can be used while driving without prosecution.

AHT:
So you think its right that drives should be allowed to cook food and play around on laptops un challanged?

Did you think of that all by yourself, or did you have help completely missing the point?

mrx:

Wtf :confused:

I assume you mean they’ll stick their beak through everyones front door, just in case there’s a man with a black and white jumper and a swag bag over his shoulder.

This is yet another step along the road to an open totalitarian dictatorship. OTT? Watch this space pal. You may be happy to have them driving past filming you with your hands at 14:45. I’m not.

What can i do?
Speaking up is a start. Maybe others may feel similarly fed up at the ever increasing ■■■■ we’re forced to take in the name of safety and security, climate change (i remember the days when it was called global warming!, I digress).

Believe it or not i don’t have a death wish and neither do i wish to see friends or family squashed by these oafish, killer, juggernaut drivers.

I take great pride and sometimes even a bit of pleasure in my job. I feel i’m pretty ■■■■■■■ good at it too.
Upto press i’ve managed to steer clear of any unpleasntness on the road.
I’ve also seen the consequences, up close, when things go wrong.

Also, believe it or not, i don’t hate the old Bill. Some of them appear to understand the intricacies of the road and some have a sense of humour! :open_mouth:

What does ■■■■ me off is the relentless march of the New World Order and it’s flunkies that seek to chip away at what little freedoms are left.It seems they will use whatever arguments necessary to convince and justify to themselves and us, the latest device for thought/behaviour control.

My point, if there is one in the above bout of verbal outrage, is that,
In My Honest Opinion this has more to do with furthering the illusion of state control

• Ooh watchout for the scary Magnum -
    than it does road safety.

I respect the fact that some of you have a different opinion than I, it’s the high handed way you’ve entered the fray that’s got my back up and also that i think your talking like ■■■■ s.

Yes, it always seems strange to me that one of the main criticisms levelled against the old Communist regimes was their extensive surveillance of their citizens, filming and recording their movements covertly, yet the level of surveillance here has reached a level never even imagined in the 1950’s Soviet Union.

Perhaps we ought to say “Sorry Stalin , you were right and we were wrong”.