Avon and Somerset police lorry

avonandsomerset.police.uk/Lo … =20215&t=4

Here we go again :imp:

If they point a video camera into your cab to get evidence of whatever they think you might be doing, is that an invasion of privacy?

schrodingers cat:
is that an invasion of privacy?

Nope

Beats me as to why anyone is concerned about this - if a driver is driving safely then they have nowt to worry about

how can it possibly film you if your cab curtains are nearly closed :grimacing:

also presuming the camera is in the passenger window then has the limiter on the police truck been disabled so that it can actually overtake every truck. :question:
or will they just nab the 52/54 mph brigade. :confused:

dave:
also presuming the camera is in the passenger window then has the limiter on the police truck been disabled so that it can actually overtake every truck. :question:
or will they just nab the 52/54 mph brigade. :confused:

no limiter - exempted

At least they have ditched the Scania and got a decent truck :laughing:

Avon and Zummerzet roads policing unit will be using a " new tool" to target dangerous drivers.
Ex Stobart driver perchance ? :smiley:

What a massive waste of tax payers money. For one truck like that surely at least 2 traffic cars could be put on the road and staffed.

Surely is a waste on money why do they not copy the German police and
buy motorised caravans, outfitted with a high position seat and window
works wonder over here plus they also use a old coach as well and catch lots of
offenders

Whos paying for this !!
You and me the "good ole " taxpayer of course :imp:
Thought they could of pulled a trailer with it and done the occasional load ffs.

ROG:
no limiter - exempted

Why?

Are they lane 3 exempt as well.? Whats the speed limit for them on the motorway 60? or no rules

And surely if they are exceeding the speed limit whilst chasing along looking for us should they not have some Blue lights on to warn other road users

Does it mean we can be exempt if running Solo? After all we are probably a ■■■■ sight more experienced than they are at driving these things.

Alan…:

ROG:
no limiter - exempted

Why?

Are they lane 3 exempt as well.? Whats the speed limit for them on the motorway 60? or no rules

And surely if they are exceeding the speed limit whilst chasing along looking for us should they not have some Blue lights on to warn other road users

Does it mean we can be exempt if running Solo? After all we are probably a ■■■■ sight more experienced than they are at driving these things.

They are using this vehicle for the purpose of catching law breakers/unsafe drivers so they are exempt from the usual legal traffic rules as long as they are DRIVING IT SAFELY - there is no get out for them if unsafe

A police car/bike marked or unmarked can do the same - break the traffic laws safely to get closer to a suspect vehicle or a vehicle which they ‘believe’ may be suspected of doing something unsafe/illegal.

I would also point out that those who drive them are more than likely to have gone through the traffic police roadcraft advanced driving course for LGVs as well as the traffic police pursuit driving course for other vehicles

They are unlikely to be as adept as a ‘normal’ professional LGV driver who has perhaps years of experience with all sorts of loads but that is not what they are doing.

ROG:

schrodingers cat:
is that an invasion of privacy?

Nope

Beats me as to why anyone is concerned about this - if a driver is driving safely then they have nowt to worry about

So you’d be happy for the polce to film through your house windows to find out if you were doing someting wrong?

Its not just that they find the odd person committing an offence its that they have to sift through a whole raft of innocent people to find the odd miscreant, its another invasion of privacy in the name of safety.

The original question maybe should have been is it legal to film into another persons private space?

Big cheesy grins,yeah look at us driving round in our big truck filming guys picking their noses and changing a cd and do them,to£$ers!,do some real policing!!! :unamused: :imp:

ROG:

Alan…:

ROG:
no limiter - exempted

Why?

They are using this vehicle for the purpose of catching law breakers/unsafe drivers so they are exempt from the usual legal traffic rules as long as they are DRIVING IT SAFELY - there is no get out for them if unsafe

A police car/bike marked or unmarked can do the same - break the traffic laws safely to get closer to a suspect vehicle or a vehicle which they ‘believe’ may be suspected of doing something unsafe/illegal.

I would also point out that those who drive them are more than likely to have gone through the traffic police roadcraft advanced driving course for LGVs as well as the traffic police pursuit driving course for other vehicles

They are unlikely to be as adept as a ‘normal’ professional LGV driver who has perhaps years of experience with all sorts of loads but that is not what they are doing.

Is there such a thing?

Last time i looked (a good few years ago now though) Roadcraft only covered car driving, albeit i suppose the principles could be adapated for LGV’s.

You can also see a lot of wrong doing in cars from a lorry will they be tugging them or just lorries?

merc0447:
You can also see a lot of wrong doing in cars from a lorry will they be tugging them or just lorries?

The West mids one usually works with a car/bike as well so the truck calls the car to pull any offenders (car or truck etc) in as the truck is unmarked

DonutUK:
Last time i looked (a good few years ago now though) Roadcraft only covered car driving, albeit i suppose the principles could be adapated for LGV’s.

Correct - exactly that
It is the same for the civilian LGV advanced which I occasionally train LGV drivers for - dead easy is that as they are virtually there already :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thought it had to comply with the regs unless it was a pursuit vehicle to which it isnt!!! i could be wrong tho. :unamused:

schrodingers cat:
The original question maybe should have been is it legal to film into another persons private space?

If they have ‘reasonable suspicions’ then yes it is.

Reasonable suspicions would be decided by a judge or magistrate if anything went to court

Some larger pics here: bit.ly/cqnHX6
Has anyone been stopped by one yet? Just trying to establish how much they are on the roads, whether they are worthwhile… for a possible Commercial Motor investigation…
Feel free to comment on my blog :slight_smile:
Cheers
Jo