Weight limit and speed camera van

hello all, i was in a 14 ton tanker today trying to find a job, long story short the road i was on jumped me onto a 7.5 ton except for access road the b6546 at burncross near sheffield, as i was lookig for somewhere to turn there was a police speed camera van parked up, am i screwed and if so what do you all reackon the fine will be, i know what a numpty i always plan my routes but for some reason today i had left my satnav in my other truck and got this job last minuite, i saw the van and my stomack just dropped, some of you probably know the feeling…

Chill, doubt you’ll hear a thing. How would the scamera van know if you needed access or not?

We take our 18t tankers down 7.5t limits all the time. Fact is, thats where the customers are, nothing we can do about it.

We had a letter from the police a week or so ago asking why one of our lorries was seen on a 7.5t limit. Boss replied something like how else are we supposed to reach a customer on that road , we can’t fly there.

In London most 7,5 t signs are up by council. Police ignores you. Council gives you 60£ fine if cough on camera and u can’t prove you had a delivery in that street.

It takes a miracle to get busted, don’t worry m8.

It is ■■■■ residents complaining to councils about trucks driving in there streets. But fakers happy to see us when they need a ■■■■ delivery.

nice one lads i feel a bit better now, like you say you need access, it put me off my bait when i thought i was captured, going to make up for it with me tea now, nice one, andy

I would say you’ve nothing to worry about unless you were speeding of course :wink: