Stupid mistakes

dieseldog999:
blinking flip,that was either too easy,or it was a wwoooossssshhhhh that passed you by. :slight_smile:

Kin el dog, it was a bit too easy, I expected a bit more from you tbh.

try this then,on a completely different tangent.
many moons ago i was driving totally clean wrecked.
got grubbed up in kirtlebridge cafe near gretna.
back into the cab,and headed down the road late winters night.
passing the moss the thought strikes me that i cant remember where im tipping.
then it dawns on me that i cant remember where i loaded,nor can i remember what ive got on the back.
sticking my head out the window,i cant guess at whats under the sheets,so i think il just keep er lit and itl give me something to do whilst i pedal on for a bit as i cant find the notes anyway cos they usually ended up behind the passenger seat.
after some strenuous recollecting,it finally dawns on me as im grinding my way up shap,that i should have heading north and tipping in the coca cola factory in glasgow in the morning.
so is that a stupid mistake,just a normal day in 1980 or an early sign of alzheimers

dieseldog999:
then it dawns on me that i cant remember where i loaded,nor can i remember what ive got on the back.
sticking my head out the window,i cant guess at whats under the sheets,so i think il just keep er lit and itl give me something to do whilst i pedal on for a bit as i cant find the notes anyway cos they usually ended up behind the passenger seat.
after some strenuous recollecting,it finally dawns on me as im grinding my way up shap,that i should have heading north and tipping in the coca cola factory in glasgow in the morning.
so is that a stupid mistake,just a normal day in 1980 or an early sign of alzheimers

I would say a stupid mistake.

UKtramp:

dieseldog999:

I would say a stupid mistake.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well we all make them,the only ones that dont,are the self imposed holier than though brigade on here.

dieseldog999:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well we all make them,the only ones that dont,are the self imposed holier than though brigade on here.

Your actually pretty sharp, not like a razor you understand, but none the less pretty sharp.

UKtramp:
I once climbed out of my cab at lymm services middle of summer completely naked as a jaybird, walked halfway across the tarmac and it suddenly hit me, I had forgot to put on my sunglasses, I felt so embarrassed I then raced back to my truck only to find that they were already on my head. I felt like a right fool.

Yeah. Heading over to the bogs to carve another hole in the cubicle wall no doubt

GOG47:

UKtramp:
I once climbed out of my cab at lymm services middle of summer completely naked as a jaybird, walked halfway across the tarmac and it suddenly hit me, I had forgot to put on my sunglasses, I felt so embarrassed I then raced back to my truck only to find that they were already on my head. I felt like a right fool.

Yeah. Heading over to the bogs to carve another hole in the cubicle wall no doubt

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Came off tramping for a few weeks when the wife was expecting one of our kids. Got a job trailer exchange, pull one off a bay, back mine on.
Got phone call on route off the wife, to say she would be going in to hospital.
Got to other end, factory had not started work yet, backed my trailer on bay, and away I went.
Got a call an hour later to say I had backed on bay and left trailer doors shut. :neutral_face:

Mid 80’s tipping tarmac into a paver between two buildings at BL Longbridge, a suited guy come out of the office and tells me “watch all those wires overhead as they are computer cables” and I reply “Yes, I’ve already seen them thank you!” Paver driver decides to make a sudden swerve demolishing one rear mudguard and lights, then swerves the other way bending my taildoor catches, I’m locking from left to right trying hard to lessen the damage. :unamused: I draw off and find grey cables hanging off of the tipper ram over the cab roof, quickly jump in cab and clear off out of the place! Never heard anything about it though, maybe I took the phone lines down as well? :laughing:

A few years later, looking for a site in Wigston. I stop at a factory to ask directions and show the chap my delivery note, he sorts me out (just a couple of miles away) and off I go. Sitting on site for a couple of hours waiting to tip and then I can’t find my ticket! Dawns on me then that it is still back at the factory so high tail it back there to see a chap with a big grin waving it at me! :blush:

Pete.

While shunting a trailer full of wheelie bins from the factory to the warehouse, I spun the wagon around in a tight spot and the T bar on the trailer hooked the chain link fence and before I knew it I’d torn 200m+ of chain link fence off its posts and dragged it down the yard :blush:

Id he’s not mention the numerous car wing mirrors that have been destroyed over the years doing urban work

Once made my way into a very posh and extremely tight office block in the middle of Milan for a delivery. The receptionist who spoke really good English (V.well dressed and smoking hot) who couldnt believe the 40 ton truck parked outside, rather embarasingly pointed out the other address on the C.M.R as their warehouse in Monza.

She also politely declined meeting for a drink after work.

Who knew hot birds dont fancy truck drivers■■?

once threw an apple core out the window,only the window wasn’t open,it came back and hit me in the face,lol

A while back, I strolled into the office and, upon seeing how busy it was, used my initiative and grabbed a set of paperwork with my reg on off the desk. Confidently zoomed off and got about an hour away before I got a phone call. I’d picked up my second load, due for delivery the following day. :blush:

Not my mistake but funny none the less.
A shunter at Tesco Livingston rdc came barrelling over one night and began going off on one about me parking an empty in the area for ones loaded with cages. After hed finished ignoring me telling him I wasnt a mind reader, he stormed off, jumped in his shunt truck, gave it full revs, released the handbrake and shot off.
Unfortunately for him he hadnt put it in reverse and he shot right into the barrier, putting a sizeable dent in his bumper

dieseldog999:

The-Snowman:

ezydriver:
Security womble checked my seal, gave me the thumbs up, then I smashed through the barrier that wasn’t yet raised.

Pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Quality

+!
ive done that 3 times in 5 years,champing at the bit for the cabbages to give me the all clear,then took the barrier with me.

Funny thing was, I stopped halfway through, and got out my cab. The security guard came to his window and said “what up mate?”. I said, “your barrier wasn’t… I’ve just smashed through it”.

“Have you?” he asked. The zb didn’t even realise what I’d just done. In hindsight I probably should’ve driven off - nobody would’ve been any the wiser :smiley:

The-Snowman:
Not my mistake but funny none the less.
A shunter at Tesco Livingston rdc came barrelling over one night and began going off on one about me parking an empty in the area for ones loaded with cages. After hed finished ignoring me telling him I wasnt a mind reader, he stormed off, jumped in his shunt truck, gave it full revs, released the handbrake and shot off.
Unfortunately for him he hadnt put it in reverse and he shot right into the barrier, putting a sizeable dent in his bumper

:laughing: :laughing: Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke :laughing: :laughing:

slowlane:
A while back, I strolled into the office and, upon seeing how busy it was, used my initiative and grabbed a set of paperwork with my reg on off the desk. Confidently zoomed off and got about an hour away before I got a phone call. I’d picked up my second load, due for delivery the following day. :blush:

Done something similar a few years back, picked up the right paperwork but hooked up to the wrong trailer
Less haste, more speed and all that… :blush:

Most stupid thing I ever did was pass my HGV test. . . . . . . .

I was supposed to pick up trl 66 , full load 12 mr length of steel tube delivery Portsmouth flat house dock, the trailer I hooked up to looked to have 66 painted on the headboard , load was already sheeted but was 12 mtr lengths. tidied it up strapped it down , security checked me out, delivered it later that day. back to corby , go down to the works and pick up trlXXX for stockport , another load of 12 mtr steel. at the gatehouse security just mentioned I was bringing in trl yyy, no its trailer 66 I said , no it isn’t he said. reality slowly dawned, I’d dropped off a full load of self colour tube at Portsmouth and it should have been red primer, I was picking up self colour for stockport. oh crap , back to Portsmouth , swap the loads (no easy feat, getting a fork lift driver to do that) back to corby with the now wet self colour steel , dry off overnight deliver stockport next day , did about 2 days basically unpaid, and the geezer on security got a 4 day suspension I believe.

1985 and I can still see that bloody headboard

I have two: Way back when… I used to smoke. I was driving up the M1 and opened a packet of twenty, took one out and threw the packet out of the window,

More recently (last century) I was on agency at Blake’s. When I left in the evening they told me “Iceland Luton” as my next day’s job. In the morning, I was clearly told “Iceland Swindon”. I drove off and backed neatly onto the bay; climbed the stairs, handed in my notes, and went back to my cab for a snooze. Ten minutes later a guy in a suit knocked the window and told me that I had given him the wrong notes. Oh, how they laughed when I realised what I had done. I decided to just carry on and take the load to Swindon. When I phoned in to say I was empty, no one mentioned that I was a couple of hours late.