What did you do wrong

Whoops saw a guy half way out his depot early today with the trailer legs still down with one leg buried in the tarmac so it made me think what’s the worst you have done so come on fess up

Similar thing, was picking up a Morrisons trailer in their yard. Set off with the legs still down and got about 10 feet until I heard an almighty scrapng noise. Thankfully no one noticed (or cared)
I’ve also done demountable containers and driven 60 miles with container 038 when I should have had 097. I wouldn’t mind but the writing was about a foot tall!

I used to do Roll on Roll off skips, pulled upto a gate, rang the bell, got let in then proceded to prepare the Porta Paka, stowing the bin lift arms, disconected the power, put the lifting hook in place then just got back in the cab & drove out the gate only to realise that I’d forgotten to pull the bin onto the lorry. Security must have wondered what I was playing at when I returned 2 minutes later to collect the bin !! :confused:
Also used to leave bins on customers premises or industrial estates & forget where I’d left them ! :unamused:

when doing multi drops to corner shops, i once left a pump truck at a shop, got to the next shop, realised! didn’t have enough time to run straight back, so had to hand ball that shop, before going back to pick it up :laughing: :laughing:

I was driving in Dublin and forgot to shut the back doors. My pump truck fell out and landed on a following car. :blush:

I lost a complete set of tools in a box out the side locker of a fire engine which was not closed properly on the way to a house fire so we couldn’t stop and it was never recovered so someone had about 300 quids worth of free tools :blush:

I left a bowl of Cheerios on the diesel tank and was half way up the M1 before I realised.
I’ve also driven from Hastings to Guildford with the Anderson lead connected to the trailer for the tailgate.

I did this :stuck_out_tongue:

On a Friday I was trying to beat another driver to drop trailers and get on the fuel pump (he wasn’t racing me, or realised/cared I was racing him!) I got my number plate, wound the legs down and pulled my pin. Record timing I thought! Shot forward, smug in the knowledge I’d be going home a full 5 minutes before my rival and bang! Snapped my red and yellow airlines, snapped the clip off my abs sussie and stretched the electrical ones to about 20’. Then had to do the walk of shame to the workshop and back to get new stuff to fix everything.

The only thing I have ever done wrong…Was to think that I am human and therefore not perfect, apparently this is no longer allowed :imp: :imp:

Years ago ran down to Safeway Bristol with a mate trailer change and a store on the way back.Both of us in the canteen he was given Aldridge and I was given kiddiminster he left 10 mins before me,you should have seen his face when I turned up at Aldridge just after he had backed on the bay :blush:

shortly after passing my class 1 i was doing a bit of work for a local owner driver who also had an 8 wheeler(A reg volvo) that came out occasionally for vining peas, bear in mind a worked for my uncle on the farm at this point mainly, and it was next j4 of the m18, anyway, geoff needed to speak to me about the following days load , for some reason rather than him just call at the farm i had to run down the embank ment and speak to him on the hard shoulder! i could hear what he was saying so i just agreed with everything he said and took an address to load at… a load of barley was collected the next day and off i went grimsby - to the frozen pea place… yep i thought it was odd, then i saw geoff going the opposite way… it wasnt long before the phone was ringing to find out why i was in grimsby and not whitley bridge!!!

another one - which i’m sure most people have done… after doing some welding to the back of my first trailer i reconnected the tractor unit soon to find i was on the worlds biggest skate board!!! naturally i jumped off the passenger side to run around the front of the truck to pull the handbrake and nearly be killed as it very nearly crashed into the yard diesel tank!!! why not just pull the red air line back off doh!!

The 3rd day out in a truck on my own i was delivering bricks to a house, another lorry driver was already in there craning roof trusses, he told me how to get in so started backing in and the house owner kept telling me to mind her tree despite being nowhere near it, next minute bang, i’d just knocked her little garden wall down with the front of the lorry as i turned.

First week on artics trunking, the guy with me said go can this lane, i do, it will save you time (15mins) i said not a chance as its tight as ■■■■■■■■■■ he then took the ■■■■ out of me for the rest of the day, next morning he said go down that lane, so i did, which then resulted in 2grands worth of damage to the top of the trailer when i ripped the corner off it by catching it on a tree.

Harry Monk:

Nice :laughing:

Saaamon:

Harry Monk:

+1 I would never put my backside in a truck again :open_mouth:

Saaamon:

All’s well that ends well, didn’t get a scratch and I wasn’t even wearing a seatbelt. I just jumped back into bed and pretended it wasn’t happening. :wink:

Biggest problem was climbing out of the cab in a nonchalant way as if to say “that’s what I meant to do”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right then
Took the front end of a Renault out in the yard with the first heavy load I pulled £750
Backed into the gate and broke the hinge
Air lines once, shunting trailers
Took roof rack of a van in builders merchants turning around
Broke headboard on a rigid on my first day
Thats at first job which I was there for 3 years very patient gaffer, the sort of place your given the keys and told to hurry up on your first day, no driving assessment, no satnav no maps 5 drops central London after being there about a week god knows how I did it
Gate post in a grab lorry since

Losing a fuel card and getting back late Saturday evening after last having it 13 hours previously. To be asked where is the fuel card, its in the folder with the receipt, never found and couldn’t cancel it at all Saturday night. :blush: Not sure when it was cancelled but I was lucky as they invited me back the next week, so I take it no-one had a diesel bath that weekend :open_mouth:

Keyfuels, no contact number for lost/stolen cards, work that one out!!! :confused:

C

Constantine:
Losing a fuel card and getting back late Saturday evening after last having it 13 hours previously. To be asked where is the fuel card, its in the folder with the receipt, never found and couldn’t cancel it at all Saturday night. :blush: Not sure when it was cancelled but I was lucky as they invited me back the next week, so I take it no-one had a diesel bath that weekend :open_mouth:

Keyfuels, no contact number for lost/stolen cards, work that one out!!! :confused:

C

It’s down the side of your seat :wink:

I have driven off with the hiab still 30foot up in the air ! Luckily no damage caused …