What did you do wrong

i once cleaned my mirrors,whilst the tacho was recording break…i felt terrible after,and vowed never to do it again. :cry:

It’s down the side of your seat :wink:

Cheers Harry, never thought of that :wink: Or in the door pockets, glove box, sun visor, my pockets, my bag, my wallet and everywhere else the TM looked for with me as we were the last two in for the weekend. :laughing:

Must have searched a DAF CF day cab at least four times over a period of an hour whilst trying 14 different phone numbers for Keyfuels :unamused:

Never again will i be so stupid…well not until tomorrow morning anyway! :sunglasses:

C

PS I did the same as Commonrail on my break that day…so it must have been tacho karma or something :laughing:

kemaro:
I have driven off with the hiab still 30foot up in the air ! Luckily no damage caused …

You weren’t driving down the A12 nearly three years ago and tried to structurally align a bridge near to HP to a “better angle” were you :laughing:

However joking aside I knew someone who done this to a bridge on the Olympics with a HIAB arm…no harm done to the bridge, lest be said about the HIAB arm though! :frowning:

C

I rolled an old Track Marshall dozer off the side of my truck. I’d got it on but it wasn’t quite square so decided to get it right for the journey home. Unlike a modern 360 you engage drive like a car and steer by using two hand clutches to declutch a track and skid it around. The floor clutch should (if it’s not all seized) declutch both tracks together.

The relic that I was collecting decided to keep one track turning and slowly chuntered off over the side with me hanging on my grim death, luckily for me I was parked next to an old shed with a Discovery in it, unlucky for the bloke who’d just sold the Marshall as it was his shed and Discovery that meant I didn’t roll fully over. I’m not sure I’d have survived otherwise.

A forklift, a telehandler and some pulling and pushing and we got it back on board and delivered safely. I now see the bloody thing every time I drive up the hill to our yard :laughing:

You weren’t driving down the A12 nearly three years ago and tried to structurally align a bridge near to HP to a “better angle” were you

Blimey, I forgot it was that long ago. It took me 4 1/2 hours from Witham to Danbury that day.

8wheels:
I now see the bloody thing every time I drive up the hill to our yard :laughing:

Do you throw a mental brick at it every time you go by?! :laughing:

Yep it was and they still haven’t repaired those bearings to this day and supposedly never will. I find it very interesting the local parish council reckons the insurance company won’t pay it…or more likely the lorry wasn’t insured, as I don’t think they can say no to an innocent 3rd party “as in the bridge”.

If that’s the case no-one can afford to repair them bearings and shut the A12 down to repair it :unamused: Single lane forever more, wish I had the contract on the “temporary” traffic lights they must make a fortune. :laughing:

C

Do you throw a mental brick at it every time you go by?!

No but I do chuckle.

The job is like that, things are always trying to kill you. Being prepared for it is half the battle, that 140 that I dropped off yesterday was a bit hairy on icy ramps with a bit of a side slope. I’m no stranger to slideways unloading!

kemaro:
I have driven off with the hiab still 30foot up in the air ! Luckily no damage caused …

A mate at my first job blocked up a busy road in the town to deliver building materials, was getting lots of hassle from everyone and as it was next to the police station they came out and told him to hurry up… As he drove off his hiab went through the side of someones house :laughing:. This was a few years ago but you can still see the new bricks roughly the size of a brick grab.

Had a rental motor one week. It was an ex removals wagon. Had side doors with a small latch on it.
Left Banbury with a pallet truck on, got to yard without one.
The side doors had some suspicious looking damage on them.
Monday morning, back in my own wagon, I innocently asked around for my pallet truck and if anyone had seen it, and ended up with a new one.

I drove away once in an 18 tonner with the tailift completely down. I got chatting to a guy at the shop I was delivering a large fridge to, he made me a coffee and then I just climbed in the cab & off I went. I heard the massive “cccccclang” and thought “wtf?”. Only when I looked in the nearside mirror did I see a large squarish sheet of metal on the floor…oops!

15 years ago after I first passed, I went to uncouple an empty trailer & pulled the pin first for some reason then watched the trailer roll off the back of the unit onto its knees and stop just short of the rear fence at parcel force in Cov, luckily the shutters were a good bunch and just lifted it back up so I could wind the legs down, just stretched my suzies a a bit.

Backed a 5 axle Nooteboom over the pit, sorry not over the pit, into the pit. Nearside wheels were right in!

I was 16 and the yard bomber had a knackered clutch, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

[/quote]
The job is like that, things are always trying to kill you. Being prepared for it is half the battle, that 140 that I dropped off yesterday was a bit hairy on icy ramps with a bit of a side slope. I’m no stranger to slideways unloading!
[/quote]
I did think that, when you struggled with traction on the slope into site! That’s why I didn’t watch, I didn’t want to be an audience to anything happening, as I’d feel guilty as I was secretely hoping you’d write my old van off with all the problems its having at the moment :laughing:

Alas you was more professional than that, like all plant delivery drivers and I always thought :sunglasses:

C

think touch wood so far the worse thing ive done so far is get stuck albeit very expensively stuck

picture the scene xmas eve 2011 im on my last shift for 4 days on call with the generators, around 10pm ish theres a call to go to lincolnshire to offhire a set thats been at Byards leap by RAF Cranwell for a few months , so i gets the location and collection note rings the site contact and makes my way over from cannock, now the fun begins arrives on site at just gone 1 am and the leccy board chap was wanting offski so i told him to go its ok , loaded the gennie and cables and fuel tank got in the cab and reversed into what I thought was the entrance to the cafe and car sales, except it wasnt it was the grass verge that juat happened to also be an SSSI :blush: although in my defence it was pitch black and scania reversing lights arent the best in the world

cost the gaffer a decent bit of cash to get the hiab out of the grass as it sank to the axles and being xmas day by this time the cast of the recovery truck was probably double the normal rate but also to get someone in to repair the damage to the grass verge aswell

Image deleted

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360885063.491796.jpg

Comment deleted

I’ve gone to the wrong place on an industrial estate to deliver, should of been the place 3 buildings down, made the security guard laugh.

When I first started I went to the 2nd drop first because I knew I could make that one on time which was ok in theory, but it was back door tip, so, got turned away and both drops were late. All came off, just cost a fortune in fuel.

Getting lost was my biggest weakness. :blush:

Dropped an empty bulker on its knees.

In my tractor driving days I’ve rolled trailers over, luckily, on a field both times. Tipped over an irrigation reel. Silly stuff really.