Stobart wages

Terry T:

Tris:
If you’re prepared to work for Lithuanian wages &awork for a company like them you seriously need to have a word with yourself.

But you get a big green truck with a girls name on it. And don’t forget the never ending admiration of people who drive cars like this …

Holy good fe------ck!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

And of all the trucks they went for a MAN badge too haha

happysack:

Honestscott76:

tommymanc:
For £1.32 less you could stack shells in a local supermarket. And not have to deal with all this [zb] that comes with this industry

And not be forced to take 45 hours rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest that is one of the most [zb] ridiculous comments I’ve ever seen on here.

Go on and [zb] off and stack shelves. But don’t go on shelfstackers.net, greeting like a baby because you want a weekend off.

+1. I’m quite grateful of the legal 45 hours rest as it means that atleast every other week I have to have 2 (almost) days off together. If it weren’t for that they’d just be able to plan you to have odd days off here and there.

Yeah it’s boring having a pop at ES wages as they are on a par with a lot of others…

As for the holiday pay though, can someone explain to me why it’s average salary for 20 and then basic for 8?

Big Truck:

Terry T:

Tris:
If you’re prepared to work for Lithuanian wages &awork for a company like them you seriously need to have a word with yourself.

But you get a big green truck with a girls name on it. And don’t forget the never ending admiration of people who drive cars like this …

Holy good fe------ck!!![emoji52]

Oh no…really, no.

Please tell me this isn’t real…Jeez :open_mouth:

Evil8Beezle:
Yeah it’s boring having a pop at ES wages as they are on a par with a lot of others…

As for the holiday pay though, can someone explain to me why it’s average salary for 20 and then basic for 8?

Because the law concerning holiday pay states that the average of the past weeks’ wages is only applicable to the first 20 days’ paid holiday per year. On the remainder it is not obligatory and can be paid at basic/guaranteed hours only.

In other words, Stobart pay the lowest amount of holiday pay that they can get away with legally.

Evil8Beezle:

Do you only get 28 days holiday? Christ glad i don’t live dahnsarf

Olog Hai:

Evil8Beezle:

Because the law concerning holiday pay states that the average of the past weeks’ wages is only applicable to the first 20 days’ paid holiday per year. On the remainder it is not obligatory and can be paid at basic/guaranteed hours only.

In other words, Stobart pay the lowest amount of holiday pay that they can get away with legally.

Thanks for that pal, as I didn’t know why… :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

That was the ruling made by Industrial Tribunal case taken and won by McBurney drivers backed by Unite Union a couple of yrs ago.

spoke to a Stobart driver the other day,he told me he was on £9.44 an hour if that’s any help,they are looking for drivers in Swindon for the construction side,[brick and block]concrete beams,and so on,days are £10.44 an hour,nights are £11.44,training is provided

What u gotta remember is with this tax free meal allowance they incorporate into your days pay your hourly rate is the equivalent to 10.77 an hour for a 10 hour shift…

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

After your break is deducted. And 10 hour days are rare, so it realistically works out nearer £9.50. Plus you are £75 tax free (equivalent to £90 pre tax) per week down on your holidays.

Bank holidays are not even time and a half, let alone double.

eagerbeaver:
After your break is deducted. And 10 hour days are rare, so it realistically works out nearer £9.50. Plus you are £75 tax free (equivalent to £90 pre tax) per week down on your holidays.

Bank holidays are not even time and a half, let alone double.

Yes your bang on. So basically the more hours you work the less your equivalent wage will be…

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Socketset:
Oh no…really, no.

I’m afraid so. Probably driven by someone like this :smiley:

Terry T:

Socketset:
Oh no…really, no.

I’m afraid so. Probably driven by someone like this :smiley:

OMG is that robroy

It’s his better looking younger brother I think :grimacing:

bald bloke:

Honestscott76:

tommymanc:
For £1.32 less you could stack shells in a local supermarket. And not have to deal with all this [zb] that comes with this industry

What are you saying ? You want more than 45 hrs off ?

I’m saying, I prefer to have the choice and not to be forced.

happysack:

Honestscott76:

tommymanc:

To be honest that is one of the most [zb] ridiculous comments I’ve ever seen on here.

Go on and [zb] off and stack shelves. But don’t go on shelfstackers.net, greeting like a baby because you want a weekend off.

I guess without your sat nav you’d struggle to find the right isle in any case. [emoji23] Monday to Friday man!

Holy ■■■■■■■■■■ batman. First time being a Monday to Friday man has been used as an insult. I’d sit in the corner and cry if i could find it, but I’ve lost my sat nav.