Stobart F1

JB:
(i still want a payrise mr tinkler :unamused: :wink: )

but he has all those horses to feed :smiley:

I heard the trailer got damaged, anyone going to own up ? :smiley: :laughing:

Not stobart related but F1, next year new team arrive ; USF1- first american F1 team.

JB:
Just spoken to your ā€œbrotherā€ again russ. In fact i got him outta bed :laughing: :laughing: (sorry s).
I thought you were the other russ.
I`ve seen the pics of the brawn mercs and they do look plain but tidy, The only way you would identify them as stobart motors is the black and white striping on the bumper and side panels.
Xf105 i can fully understand you being a bit peeved to lose your job and stobart to come in and do it. However i dont think its fair to say there on peanuts wages? less than Ā£175 a day yes but still over Ā£700 a week ? Hardly peanuts?
(i still want a payrise mr tinkler :unamused: :wink: )

ill second that jb dont think its on the cards :cry: :cry: ive just looked on the website looks like they have finaly bought carlise airport thats were our payrise has gone oh well gona have to wait till next year now

Id be intrested to see pics of them as the last i saw they were jus white n black as they came uot after the work n paint they had. They look sweet jus wud like to see what extra graphics have bin added

HIGH FLYER:
has any 1 got any pictures of these trucks yet ive been looking on lorry spotting nothing there or on stobart group website :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

come on lads someone must have at least a promotional photo of them :confused:

there wont be any pics till they are realvied at nxt round i guess. I nearly took pics as they rolled out the paintshop lol but wuda got it in neck lol

merc0447:

HIGH FLYER:
has any 1 got any pictures of these trucks yet ive been looking on lorry spotting nothing there or on stobart group website :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

come on lads someone must have at least a promotional photo of them :confused:

If Iā€™d known pictures of the trucks were so rare I would have taken some every time I came out of the Pit lane. The trucks look good, but youā€™d never really know they were Stobarts unless you were into that sort of thing. But plenty of Normal Stobarts trucks delivering goods to the circuit during the week.

Coddy:
Normally the F1 drivers are not flown home, during the European rounds they drive from depot to circuit, set up after cleaning the trucks, and im led to believe jacking the axles up and turning the wheels so the tyre logo is at the top etc, assisting the mechs in unloading the vehicles, kit, re fuelling devices, practise and race days they will also assist on such things as keeping records of tyre temps, poss working in the pit lane getting the wheels ready for a stopā€¦ Soon as the race is over its load and go back to depot, they dont overnight in the cabs, but hotelsā€¦

Its not an easy life, and you dont really get to see any of the racing, it normally [zb], brawn and sponsors, but the rewards can be great, such as an all expenses holiday for you and the family (Plus the rest of the crew) to places like the Maldives at the end of the seasonā€¦

May have changed a bit now, but thats how it was when Williams had Honda and Mansell the whingerā€¦

F1 changed a bit now, you have Truckies that get the trucks to the circuit and set-up, get flown home, (normally agency guys or now it seems Stobarts in the case of Brawn GP :laughing: )and then you have the other who rarely if ever drive the truck, but do all the jobs at the circuit you describe, They are peminant staff and do the entire season across the World.

Other race series still have the traditional ā€œTruckieā€ Who drive the trucks to the circuit and then work as part of the team.

yuppie:
Not stobart related but F1, next year new team arrive ; USF1- first american F1 team.

There are 4 teams looking at next year, mainly due to the proposed Ā£40 million budget cap. they are Prodrive, (been trying to get into F1 for a few years, were links with a Honda buy out) Lola (had an F1 team a few years back) USF1 (working from the states, but thinking of a European Logistics base maybe in Spain or near Paul Ricard) and Isport (thatā€™s the GP2 team I work for, I thought they were taking the [ZB], but they seem serious. :open_mouth: )

autosport.com/images/upload/1237560970.jpg there is their daf looks pretty tidy if i do say so my selfā€¦

So what name(s) would Stobarts give their car(s) :question: :question: :question:

suggestionsā€¦

Zelda Merchindiz

or

Izzy Foreel

Iā€™ll get my coat :exclamation: :blush: :blush:

Hi Muckles seen your truck in the Paddock on the Wednesday afternoon when i dropped at the DHL compound just along from you, sorry didnā€™t have time to say hello as they spun me round to do a reload from Magny Cours, might see you at Monaco do you park up at the dust bowl?

Iain

Sprinter:
Hi Muckles seen your truck in the Paddock on the Wednesday afternoon when i dropped at the DHL compound just along from you, sorry didnā€™t have time to say hello as they spun me round to do a reload from Magny Cours, might see you at Monaco do you park up at the dust bowl?

Iain

So the DHL guys I spoke to werenā€™t you then. :laughing:
We park up and wash down in Nice the night before going to Monaco, then go three at a time to the Jardin Exotic at our designated time slot. Then follow a man on a scooter who tries to clear the traffic so we can get to the coach park on the hill above the pit lane.

truckspark:
first trip barcelona drivers away for 7 weeks

stvme2519:
when i asked was told 14 weeks away

I heard it was 28 weeks awayā€¦or was it 56 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is what Iā€™ve heard, which may or may not be true.

Within 24 hours of Stobarts having the trailer it suffered some expensive damage as there was a problem with the legs or maybe it was the lack of use of the legs. :smiley:
Also, apparently there are going to be four different drivers put on that job alternatively, so all four have to be trained up on the trailer and how it works etc.
Anyone confirm ?

Jon, have you got your name down for it ?

The driving part appeals steveā€¦ The polishing bit doesnā€™t :laughing:
Iā€™ve heard nothing about the trailer episode and I speak to two of the drivers who are on the team regularly.
Cover up job? :laughing:

Acceptme,the Daf looks crap!!!

Plain white,it looks like its just come from some hire firm,not a multi million pound logistics company,hope they change the colours a bit but by the look of it,Brawn are one of the rather low-key coloured racing fims.

for those yet to see the brawn gp actros mp3 go to google search brawn gp truck click images and u sud see it. Lot nice the. Dafs

So no-one wanted to posta pic of this plain white Daf XF - FFS :-