Stobbies 2nd grand prix team

Word reaches me that they have now agreed a deal with Red Bull to go alongside the Brawn operation.

And it is always said there is no money in transport,however,it does raise their profile even further.

Ken.

Tyne Tees Television is currently running a spot in the 6 o’clock news this week following Wilson Motor Sport from ■■■■■■■ who handle 20 cars including the Stobart Focus, seems to be a big money sport with a clutch costing £15k alone and the cars valued at £500,000 each :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It’s been quite interesting watching them race in Sardinia etc, I aint a Motorsport fan but must admit I’ve found the item quite interesting seeing whats involved in prearing the cars and transporting them around Europe etc

mally wilson used to race for ford, and started the wilson team i think… then stobarts have been big sponsors of em for awhile now… maybe 4/5 years at least… havin quite a few rally cars… in events from WCR to the more local area rallys…

Malcolm also had a stint with Vauxhall in the works Astra,the Metro 6R4 and also drove an Audi Quattro,although that relationship was very short lived!!!

I remember doing my officials bit on various rallies in the late 80’s and early 90’s,and meeting many of the big drivers of the day,Malcolm included,and to see him end up as Ford team boss wasn’t really unexpected.

Ken.

bloody hell, the metro 6r4
will gollop, rallycross anyone. i’d like 1, or a rs200, or swb audi quattro :grimacing:

Malcolm’s son is driving one of the stobart ford cars.

■■■■■■■ is a major part of the World Rally Scene eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Some major names like Malcolm Wilson who run the Ford WRC and Abu Dhabi Cup. Mathew Wilson driving the Stobart car & Paul Bird who competes in rally and had some major successes in the bike racing too