Ref Formula 1 Teams

Hi all. New to the forum. Lee by the way.
Have been wondering for a while who deals with the driving of the F1 teams cars. Would this be the creme de la creme of class 1 driving? I am also a qualified Close Protection Office (hate the name bodyguard… and no my name aint Frank Farmer… lol) and obviously given the nature of the job I would be a good candidate as I combine the two needed qualifications… Anyone have any info on this?? Cheers

Well, i think you will find that most of the F1 teams get their trucks to and from the various tracks by using the same driving agency. the drivers collect the trucks from the factory or wherever, deliver them to the track, fly back then fly out or get coach driven back out and move them on again. IT IS NOT GLAMOROUS WORK!!!

If you have time then try using the search button and read back through some older posts.

Alternativly you could send a PM to T/N member “Muckles”, he used to work in the motorsport industry. The chances of getting into an F1 team are remote but not impossible, im not sure what being qualified in CP work has to do with anything though!! :confused: :confused:

There is also Bernie Ecclestones lot based at Biggin Hill airport. Now would be a good time to approach them about a possible start.

The_Soldier:
Have been wondering for a while who deals with the driving of the F1 teams cars

how good a driver are you :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
if you mean the trucks there’s a member on here muckles used to do a bit for i think F2 and some stobarts boys who used to do the ex honda team.

welshboyinspain:

The_Soldier:

how good a driver are you :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
if you mean the trucks there’s a member on here muckles used to do a bit for i think F2 and some stobarts boys who used to do the ex honda team.

Haha… Nice to see a fellow welshman on ere… lol… Yeh I know it sounds a bit cocky but aim for the top eh? lol… I’m ex forces with 12 years of class 1 driving in civ div behind me. Have driven for nearly every major supermarket chain and more…
When I mentioned the CP qualification I would have thought its peace of mind for the company you are driving for when it comes to millions of pounds worth of kit but then I could be wrong. Nice one for the info though lads… Appreciate it…
Out of interest though, as a class 1 driver, what exactly is hitting the big time in most drivers eyes?? I have never really thought of it…

you’ve missed what i was taking the mickey out of you for

The_Soldier:

hahaha… Just read it back. soz… slow on the uptake today… lol… Hey I am a turk… giz a break… hahahahahaha

turk or sospan anything but a jack :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

he posted on the uk/europe thread!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thetaff:

welshboyinspain:

i had noticed but don’t want to go on premod do i? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TN member, Stobby driver and friend of mine Stuart is on the F1 team with Mercedes, as was featured on the programme about Stobarts a couple of months ago.

Ken.

welshboyinspain:

Thetaff:

welshboyinspain:

i had noticed but don’t want to go on premod do i? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If your not a total ■■■ and can drive in a straight line give Stobarts a ring as they need someone who can drive on the Eurotunnel train.
Theres no way i would class F1 as a creme de la creme driving job thou. (IMHO), too much fannying around and arse kissing and being treated like dirt.

kindle530:
If your not a total ■■■ and can drive in a straight line give Stobarts a ring as they need someone who can drive on the Eurotunnel train.
Theres no way i would class F1 as a creme de la creme driving job thou. (IMHO), too much fannying around and arse kissing and being treated like dirt.

Ok cheers… So what is the high end of the haulage industry?

Keep your eye on the classifieds in the back of Autosport every week… from now on till the start of the season. Quite often there’s ads from various teams looking for truckies.

Alternatively go on the MSV website. They are often looking for drivers with a Class 1, but don’t expect to run legal, and do expect to work your nads off after driving halfway across Europe to some Formula 2 test… oh, and expect to drive an old MAN as well!

Msv whats that??

EastAnglianTrucker:
oh, and expect to drive an old MAN as well!

OOOOHHHHH eeerrrrrrrrrr, like that is it? :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
you’ve missed what i was taking the mickey out of you for

The_Soldier:

:laughing:
I reckon a few million quid will get you a drive with HRT, and it wouldn’t matter if you weren’t that good as you’d be at the back anyway.

Motorsport isn’t just F1, but if what you want to do is drive a truck for an F1 team then you need either to be on an agency, there are 2 that I know of that supply drivers for F1 teams. But they tend to Employ people who’ve already worked in Motorsport. Or work for Stobarts and apply for the job.

I’ve never thought that motorsport work was the Creme de la Creme of truck driving. Personally I always like reading what Euromat or Luke switchlogic Vernon does or the Guys who were running abnormal loads to South Africa. And in the last few month I’ve done some haulage work far more challenging than driving for a Motorsport team, such getting a load of steel into building sites in central London or getting timber out of various forests.

But Motorsport is a job that suits me. It’s allowed me to visit some places I would have never have gone to and meet some interesting people and I’ve being treated better on Motorsports and got more perks than I’ve ever got on general haulage and I’m pleased to say I’m back into it. Now working for a team running Aston Martins in the Le Mans series.

However it’s not so much a truck drivers job as a job that involves a bit of truck driving.

I’m away from home at the moment, so I’ll reply to your PM with more info on what job involves and various ways of getting into Motorsport, when I get home at the weekend,

The_Soldier:
Ok cheers… So what is the high end of the haulage industry?

The job that gets you the money you need/want and you are happy doing, whether that is motor sport, rock and roll touring, European driving, heavy haulage, shifting containers or driving a trolley for one of the supermarkets.

The_Soldier:
Msv whats that??

Motor Sport Vision.

They own Brands Hatch and other circuits and run the FIA Formula 2 race series from Bedford Autodrome.

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/

I’ve been in Motorsport for 30 yrs mate. It’s about as glamorous as muckspreading! But you will actually get paid for muckspreading…