Stobart F1

i woulden’t have a problem with that but when you come off that what do you do then
uk f1 truck driving I.E. 3 laps of the M25 doing 5 tesco express deliveries!.. :laughing:

Applied for the job and i can honestly say i was so relieved to get a letter through the post to say i’d not got it!

jase:
Applied for the job and i can honestly say i was so relieved to get a letter through the post to say i’d not got it!

what was the time away and are the drivers still employed by stobart group or brawn gp

Its just for the European circuits which i think lasts till around September.
After that they go onto the European side of the Business and not back onto the Uk.

I think it works out to about 4/5 months away in all.

Hi all, Just signed up after reading stuff about Stobarts and Braun and speculation is a wonderful thing!! But is not every thing! as my best pal (bro) is 1 of the drivers and is pulling the cars for the team. I’m in good place for the facts and many on here are a little (lets say) speculation as always when things not known. Things always come out in the end! Things are going to be a LITTLE diffrent than many think and a FEW could be shocked :blush: Not going to say much more other than. People got couple of jobs because of Experiance and know how and how they do there job!!! I worked worked for stobarts for 2 and half years on European so not just speaking from hear say! Think this 1 was a LITTLE to HIGH profile and too much MONEY for blue eyes!! There is them who can do it and them that cant! them that will! and them that CANT! them that do! and them that CAN! and them that do nothing but moan about it!!! Seen both sides as a driver and an employer. GOOD LUCK to them who are doing it! what an Experiance!!

Crack on and keep her LIT!!!

so how long are they away for then ?

There doing 3 blocks of 7weeks is plan, and if you all like to know the cars just arrived at Barcelona circuit 8am Spanish local time!!!

Keep her lit!!!

So is there any sign of the Stobart livery on the trucks or are they going to get a Stobart sticker on the inside of the rear wing or something ?. Is it just a straight commercial deal or some sort of sponsorship ?. Anyone got some photo’s ?.

i know tommorow or sunday brawn are to announce thier sponser ship deal with virgin media maybe there will be something about the stobart group iswell just have to wait and see. stobart group seem to have timed this really well brawn are leading the drivers and constructers championship :smiley: this should be a good thing for the companys image :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Normally the F1 drivers are not flown home, during the European rounds they drive from depot to circuit, set up after cleaning the trucks, and im led to believe jacking the axles up and turning the wheels so the tyre logo is at the top etc, assisting the mechs in unloading the vehicles, kit, re fuelling devices, practise and race days they will also assist on such things as keeping records of tyre temps, poss working in the pit lane getting the wheels ready for a stop… Soon as the race is over its load and go back to depot, they dont overnight in the cabs, but hotels…

Its not an easy life, and you dont really get to see any of the racing, it normally ■■■■■■■■, brawn and sponsors, but the rewards can be great, such as an all expenses holiday for you and the family (Plus the rest of the crew) to places like the Maldives at the end of the season…

May have changed a bit now, but thats how it was when Williams had Honda and Mansell the whinger…

i was at la mans a couple of years a go and got chatting to a truck driver for one of the teams and he says that its not a lot off driving cos he looks after the IT and tools for the mechanics and also helps out in the kitchen as there look for team work.

Hi all. To do with Stobarts motors and Braun. The livery will Braun and not Stobarts its to do with TV rights and Stobarts will have to PAY for there livery to be on TV. the Merc’s are white and look to have stobarts red and white stripping on botton and say Braun on them, Got a pic of them and do look very well!! (Dura brights and the crome).

Keep her lit!

JB:
I`m surprised theres been no mention of this yet?
Along with his rally team, Mr Stobart and Mr Tinkler are now getting involved in Formula 1.
We are covering the transport for the Brawn f1 european races.
Now i dont know if anyone from the upper echelons of Stobart reads or gets to hear about these forums, but can i respectfully suggest YOU PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE GENERAL FLEET! ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT A PAYRISE?

another year without a payrise maybee j.b is to do with the fact since stobarts tranfered our depot [ maybee others ] over on to there contract, wages , the wage bill has rose 30% ,thats a BIG jump, i assume they thought it would go the other way , i doubt they thought theyd be paying drivers 30% p.w more .

has any 1 got any pictures of these trucks yet ive been looking on lorry spotting nothing there or on stobart group website :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

High flyer, i’ve got pic’s of the new Merc’s in Braun colours. will get ok befor putting them on! not want to put any body in trouble!!

Keep her LIT!!!

Trust me,its not all its cracked up to be! I used to work for Brawn GP & was one of test team truckies.Once the ban on testing was announced we all thought that we would drive the race trucks, unfortunately Stobart got involved and as a result we were made redundant.
Stobart didnt offer any of us a job which you would of thought would’ve been a logical move as we had the experience in doing the job & the knowledge on how to bulid the race trucks.As for helping in the pits thats a non starter as the pit crew is made up of the race mechanics & truckies.
The job is simply drive the trucks to the circuits, wash, help unload,set up the popup trailers that turn into offices,polish everything till it sparkles & make sure everything is immaculate.To be honest, from what i’ve heard about the pay offered by Stobarts, they are paying peanuts.The agency boys who used to do the job used to get £175 a day, everyday they worked, plus hotels ,flights & food whilst at the circuit.They also used to get hotels on the drive down, never sleeping in the trucks.The longest they were away was 21 days which was the turkey,italian back to back races.
As Brawn is a small team they are on a smaller budget , hence Stobarts getting the job.Gone are the days where money wasnt an issue & if you needed something it was just got, regardless of cost.

xf105 hope your well, Thats why stobart got involved because of the money. Its said that Branson went and ask what Tink thought of how much they was been charged for trucks and Tink said he could get 2 for the price of 1! :blush: Its also been said that they have saved over a million, so really from that point of view ya cant blaim them!! Was talking to bro last night and he said all lads are happy :laughing: Gone have the days where money was no object :imp: I can agree with things said though, LETS just hope they DONT turn it on its arse so its just work no good time play like EVERY else has been now!!! It all was fun at one time now its just GO GO GO !!!

KEEP HER LIT!!!

Its certainly not the job it was when we ran out of hawleys lane russ. I spoke to your “brother” on his way down so i have the “insider” knowledge too :laughing:

Russ,who caused the job to be “go,go,go”?, Yes us drivers,we’re to blame.

Personally though,i prefer to be on the go as i find my day goes a lot quicker than when i’m sat on my arse most of the day,there’s only so many times i clean and polish the truck!
I gather you’ve not had permission to post the pics of the trucks yet?,shame as i’d like to see them when you do as i only saw the 2 xf 105’s in Crick and they didn’t look to special.
JB,PMSL!!!

Just spoken to your “brother” again russ. In fact i got him outta bed :laughing: :laughing: (sorry s).
I thought you were the other russ.
I`ve seen the pics of the brawn mercs and they do look plain but tidy, The only way you would identify them as stobart motors is the black and white striping on the bumper and side panels.
Xf105 i can fully understand you being a bit peeved to lose your job and stobart to come in and do it. However i dont think its fair to say there on peanuts wages? less than £175 a day yes but still over £700 a week ? Hardly peanuts?
(i still want a payrise mr tinkler :unamused: :wink: )