Brawn now Mercedes F1

I’m guessing that the Stobart involvment with brawn came to an end when Mercedes took them over did it ?. Is it still based at Brackley or has it all gone off to germany ?. Have they acquired a fleet of british reg mercs or german ?. I ask as the show gets back on the road in the next couple of weeks with testing in Valencia and Jerez. Any updates on the trucking side of things ?.

Here’s a picture of shumi visiting the factory at ‘brackley’.
I know they’ve got larger tanks this year, but how the hell is he going to fit in there :open_mouth:

IIRC, Mercedes Benz F1 engines are built by Ilmor engineering, who are based at Brixworth Northamptonshire, and will probably still supply both the factory team and McLaren.

It would make sense not to move the factory team away from Brackley with it being nearby, and I’m guessing that is what will most probably happen, so although it is theoretically an all German team, it will still have a lot of involvement from Britain. I’m guessing that the old Brawn HQ will be re-named Mercedes GP Petronas, if it is used as the old Brawn GP name is officially dead and buried.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the transport side of things materialises.

Ken.

IIRC, Mercedes Benz F1 engines are built by Ilmor engineering, who are based at Brixworth Northamptonshire, and will probably still supply both the factory team and McLaren.

Correct Quinny , although Mercedes bought the operation outright from Ilmor a couple of years ago , now trading as Mercedes Benz High Performance Engines .

They also manufacture the engines for some of the Indy-car teams.

I know this as I know a couple of the engine builders , and got as far a second interview to drive for them a few years back . Never got the gig though :cry: :cry:

Don’t think i’ve ever been as gutted not to get a job :cry:

Drove past Brackley about 3weeks ago and everything was still “Brawn” liveried. The DAF units where parked up and a couple of Mercs but stobart are still running a few of the Mercs in plain white?

Think you will find Stobart has a three year deal with Brawn.
I would presume this will carry over

stobarts are still doing the transport.

JB is moving over to that side of the work with stobarts. :grimacing:

Might stop him complaining about doing london all the time now!

I have seen the Brawn Mercs pulling normal Stobbart trailers over the last few months. Very smart units.

Grasshopper:
I have seen the Brawn Mercs pulling normal Stobbart trailers over the last few months. Very smart units.

one of the brawn merc has been seen in silver is this the colour of the new F1 thing :question: :question:

phantom309:

Grasshopper:

one of the brawn merc has been seen in silver is this the colour of the new F1 thing :question: :question:

Yeh,that would make sense.Back to the original Merc Silver Arrows .

Silver and Black I think, much like the Mika/David days.

Just found this, thought it may be of some interest?
twitpic.com/110xtb

Lee