Steve's pictures

Moving a scraper last year.

Rear view of the mack with the homemade wrecker we built, ( slides into any 5th wheel ) built it from scratch with stuff lying round the yard, just had to buy the two air bags which is how it lifts.

Collecting new trailers from the dealers.

Mack pulling a Mack, the one on tow is a 79 ( i think ) R cab, we got it last year for the farm, engine was over heating so it was a cheap truck, i pulled it from a farmers field not too far away, we had another engine ready to go in. worked all last summer now ready for this year. and no that’s not me in the picture!

Delivering coal to Winnipeg zoo!! the zoo has a little steam train, the coal comes from Riley nr Edmonton on super b’s but the zoo can’t have super b’s in there, so we off load it at our yard and re- load onto the end dump for delivery, then re- load stone back.

STEVE OWEN:
Mack pulling a Mack, the one on tow is a 79 ( i think ) R cab, we got it last year for the farm, engine was over heating so it was a cheap truck, i pulled it from a farmers field not too far away, we had another engine ready to go in. worked all last summer now ready for this year. and no that’s not me in the picture!

He’s a big lad the driver of that old Mack Chap, nice pictures too, thanks for posting them. Did you go over to be on the spanners or driving■■? Your home made wrecking gear looks a bit Fred Dibnerish but if it does the job that’ll do, the price is appealing too :smiley:

Savage pictures fella. :wink:

fly sheet:

STEVE OWEN:

He’s a big lad the driver of that old Mack Chap, nice pictures too, thanks for posting them. Did you go over to be on the spanners or driving■■? Your home made wrecking gear looks a bit Fred Dibnerish but if it does the job that’ll do, the price is appealing too :smiley:

Yes Fly sheet he is a big bloke, he’s my boss and is one of the best i have ever had. I came over as a driver for the same bloke you see in the picture, first contacted him in 2002 for a job, then flew over the next year to meet up, then set the wheels in motion and got pnp before moving over, after a couple of years driving ( super b grain trailers ) he asked if i would consider taking over the workshop, an agreement was made so i did, been on the same firm since i moved over in 04.

yeah the wrecker does look like something fred would make, but as you say it does the job well enough, you would be surprised of how many times i have lent it out !

Another old R cab Mack, we got this one at auction for the engine which is now in the white R cab, we have also taken of the tipper body and made a tipper trailer from an old skeletal!!

STEVE OWEN:
This is the same truck last year, she was getting to old for the road so we converted her to a grain truck for the farm.

Great pics Steve.
That’s a lot on grain bins, do you store grain for other farms? surely theyre not all for your fields.

Moving the cat D6 to the field to push bush, very old trailer i know and just a few miles of gravel roads from job to job. Truck is a 98 f’liner with series 60 detroit.

loaded to go

Nice and easy does it!!

remy:

STEVE OWEN:
This is the same truck last year, she was getting to old for the road so we converted her to a grain truck for the farm.

Great pics Steve.
That’s a lot on grain bins, do you store grain for other farms? surely theyre not all for your fields.

Yeah there are alot of bins plus 5 more out of view, they farm 8000 acres and all the bins are for their own grain, we still run out of room at harvest and have to take some direct from combine to elevator!

A wet muddy day and a clean truck hoping the 2 miles of gravel road to the highway dry out before the truck has to leave. 1998 pete 379, long hood, 5 Ek Cat engine putting out close to 550 hp, and pulling 62.500 kg or just over 137000 lbs

Same truck with the wrecker on the back, fetching a poorly old girl from Winnipeg

What happens when a driver drops a trailer on soft ground without using blocks under the legs, the wrecker i use would not lift the trailer as it was fully loaded, had to call in the big boys!!

Not all the work i do is with big trucks, this was a couple of years ago, the boss brought the red chevy as a write off, i was taking it to winnipeg to get the front end straightend out. no prizes for guessing the location!

Another tow job, this was a couple of yrs ago, we needed a cat engine and the one in this old f’liner was cheap enough though we had to take it out, i fetched it from the scrap yard on hwy 59 a few miles south of the perimeter then took it back after we had the engine out, 379 long hood pete with the wrecker on.

I took this as the bald eagle was flying out of the tree but there are a few of the old farm trucks in there too