Blog update

I’ve updated the blog, there’s a few more trips coming up on there, been a bit behind schedule with it, but there’s a trip to SoCal on there if you’re interested.

Click on the link in my signature and all will be revealed :wink:

Nice one Mark, you must of picked that factual book up in the Chiropractors office lol.
Enjoy your time in the U.K.

Regards Paul

Excellent blog post, we have waited a long time. Let us hope the next one is not so far away.
Just one thing. What about a map? Not many of us have a A toZ of USA here in England.
Sorry to critisise.It is Very good.

aahhh i see you dont run back from edmonton —winnipeg via #16, i was always routed 16 as it was shorter lol…
yup the run through jellystone was a highlight for me ,just awesome!!.
ps. back on the somerset - grunthal quarry run again ,will keep my eyes open round yar yard …jimmy

Wotcher you ex Stobbie super- trucker. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: That well suspended Ford Cargo W&D that you had at Stobbies, would have got you in good nick for that 1980,s Mack.you,ve got there :laughing: :laughing:

Did you get in touch with Wullie on Facebook Jim?
If not, I,ll have his phone number. By Monday.-- ( The man who got it for me left it in the bleedin wagon when he finished on Friday :imp: :imp: )–.then I,ll get in touch with him., and get his email adress. Plus. I,ll get him to sign up on here, Bingo!!

ps. I,ve just read NMM.s blog. Excellent. Just one problem though. Posts like that make me realise what I,ve missed in my life. :cry: :cry:

lol…yup i found wullieboys facebook,
:wink:
youre no far off with the cargo / mack ride comment… :smiley:
jimmy…suffering today from a saturday all :grimacing: :grimacing: day wedding wi free beer .

Nice read, thanks.
Rico does your computer not have google maps :unamused:

@ On the road again. Yes my computer does have google maps. But Iwant to see a map on the blog. Some of the canadian blogs that I read do have maps. The Coldwells in Canada uses google maps to show where he has been and it is verry good. Roadtrip Chris Abron does very good maps with his accounts and i think New Merc Man could do something along those lines to go with his writing and pictures.

Maybe if everyone asked for maps, he would be forced to keep his customers satisfied.

RICO, I’m working on it, we’ve only just launched the website and everything is going through the programmer at the moment, I’ll try and add one on here :wink:

…and could you get someone to do me a brew and knock up a bacon sarnie whilst I’m plotted up on the sofa reading this? Ta very much in advance! :wink:

RICO:
@ On the road again. Yes my computer does have google maps. But Iwant to see a map on the blog. Some of the canadian blogs that I read do have maps. The Coldwells in Canada uses google maps to show where he has been and it is verry good. Roadtrip Chris Abron does very good maps with his accounts and i think New Merc Man could do something along those lines to go with his writing and pictures.

Maybe if everyone asked for maps, he would be forced to keep his customers satisfied.

I have followed those blogs since day one and I find them both very interesting, I know Chris personally, didn’t think you would have followed his blog after what you said about his book :open_mouth:
I can also assure you that the caldwells in canada does not use google maps but it is a very interesting read and I am so glad they have settled down after a shaky start and a few jobs here in canada :laughing: :laughing:
Maybe one day I will also get to know him and share some stories over a beer or two :laughing:

@ On the road again. I too have followed those blogs from when they started. I was reading Roadtrip Chris Arbon for a long wile before I bourght his book. It was disgusting to read all that ■■■ ,violence and drinking that i think gives lorry drivers a bad name. But after comments from others that did M/E work I have to believe it is true. I have just finished reading Bagdad Trucker which also tells of the same things. The writers seemed to use the same brothel in Istanbul 10years apart. But these things should be kept from the general public.
The Caldwells in Canada used to be my favorite blog but has gone downhill latley and got a bit mumsy. The recent trip to New York City was very good. Maybe Dave has been spured into action now there is a new blog on the block.
I will also give a plug to my freind Neal who does not have a blog but posts picture diaries on Trucknet under the name of Nianiamh.

RICO:
@ On the road again. I too have followed those blogs from when they started. I was reading Roadtrip Chris Arbon for a long wile before I bourght his book. It was disgusting to read all that ■■■ ,violence and drinking that i think gives lorry drivers a bad name. But after comments from others that did M/E work I have to believe it is true. I have just finished reading Bagdad Trucker which also tells of the same things. The writers seemed to use the same brothel in Istanbul 10years apart. But these things should be kept from the general public.
The Caldwells in Canada used to be my favorite blog but has gone downhill latley and got a bit mumsy. The recent trip to New York City was very good. Maybe Dave has been spured into action now there is a new blog on the block.
I will also give a plug to my freind Neal who does not have a blog but posts picture diaries on Trucknet under the name of Nianiamh.

It must be difficult to keep a blog going, you can only tell the same story and publish the same pictures so many times before readers get bored although I have no idea what “a bit mumsy” means :question: :confused:
I follow Neals diary and have made contact with him a couple of times as I have newmercman.

Very well said, On the road again. It must be hard to come up with new ideas in a blog. Maybe Newmercman and the caldwells in Canada can start working with the flat trailers so we can see the loads in the pictures.

RICO:
Very well said, On the road again. It must be hard to come up with new ideas in a blog. Maybe Newmercman and the caldwells in Canada can start working with the flat trailers so we can see the loads in the pictures.

Probably not, judging by their past experiences :smiley: :smiley:

RICO:

Thanks for the plug RICO :smiley: glad you like the trips posted.

I had a trip a few weeks ago on flat deck work, which near killed me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: when i get a chance i`ll get it posted on here.

Cheers.

RICO:

Flatdecks :open_mouth: RICO, we all have our moral limits, you don’t like ■■■ and fighting :open_mouth: (I’m quite fond of both, although I no longer practice the latter, due to being an unfit fat [zb]stard and for the same reasons don’t get enough of the latter :laughing: ) but my moral limits have been passed now, please refrain from using the F word in the same sentance as my name, I will never ever be associated with any trailer that doesn’t have rear doors :wink:

As you and OTRA have said, it is hard to write about the same stuff over and over, but both Dave C and Chris manage to keep their blogs interesting, I have some ideas on where I’m going to go with mine, it will be difficult for me as I work for a small firm, so our runs are quite repetitive, I’ll give it a go, we’ll see how it turns out :wink:

newmercman:
please refrain from using the F word in the same sentance as my name, I will never ever be associated with any trailer that doesn’t have rear doors :wink:

I have some ideas on where I’m going to go with mine, it will be difficult for me as I work for a small firm, so our runs are quite repetitive

Dont reveal your ideas on here or other bloggers may steal your thunder, never know who is reading this :wink:
From some of your other postings I think you and the “F word” are well matched :laughing: :laughing:

On the road again:
:
From some of your other postings I think you and the “F word” are well matched :laughing: :laughing:

Dunno what you’re [zb]in talking about mate, us South [zb]in London boys never use bad [zb]in language :laughing:

newmercman:

On the road again:
:

Dunno what you’re [zb]in talking about mate, us South [zb]in London boys never use bad [zb]in language :laughing:

oh ■■■■ off, you are always at it :laughing: and stay away from those lot lizards, you may give us truckers a bad name and upset Rico :laughing: :laughing: