Slow drivers at snow weather

dieseldog999:

If truck with not loaded trailers at the start of uphill will drive at 20 m/h that very high risk who he will stooking or/and after king knitting.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

belter…best yet.

another classic from google translate? my guess is…if you head up a hill empty at 20mph,your going to get stuck,as well as possibly jack knifing?
anyone else got a better version? :slight_smile:

Yes DD, if plobbing at 20mph its time to get the knitting out and finish that tank top…

Ps- how can you tell ive got ■■■■ all else to do at the moment… :grimacing:

well it beats chewing your thumbs waiting to see her drive through the gates on sat?
the devil finds work for idle hands… :slight_smile:

I was lucky enough to be inside the wife’s car Sunday and had great fun on the fresh 8inches.

Not snow related she had a new ■■■■■ and fancied trying it out with some alfresco ■■■■■■■.

Andrejs:

Dr Damon:

Andrejs:

Dr Damon:
It may be for a few reasons, lack of confidence ,never driven in the snow before or just being over cautious. Much better than all the idiots who do the opposite.
If there is a slow driver keep well back and be patient.

Agree but not full.If lorry have empty trailers that weigh to truck rear axle no big.And at low speed very easy can stick at uphill.For my view need at least 30 m/h unless some specific road condition.

Wait a minute fella, what you say is not the problem of the ‘slow’’ car driver. They are doing their best which does not suit a confident lorry driver with an empty trailer.
That is not an excuse to get infuriated with them or harass them in any way as some seem to do.

Shall we just ban all cars off the road when it snows? Wait but what about the inexperienced truck driver that jack knives his truck because of poor driving?
Or the experienced truck driver that tries to ram everything in front of him off the road because he thinks they are going to slow where as he is actually going too fast for the conditions.

If truck with not loaded trailers at the start of uphill will drive at 20 m/h that very high risk who he will stooking or/and after king knitting.

Strange how your English has gone real pigeon English again Andrejs :unamused:

Into Vietnamese
Nếu xe tải không có xe tải khi bắt đầu dốc sẽ lái xe ở tốc độ 20 m / h và rất nguy hiểm cho người lái xe và / hoặc sau khi đan.
Into Filipino
Kung ang trak ay walang trak sa pagsisimula ng rampa ay magmaneho sa bilis na 20 m / h at lubhang mapanganib sa driver at / o pagkatapos ng pagniniting.
And back into English
If the truck does not have a truck at the start of the ramp drive at a speed of 20 m / h and is extremely dangerous to the driver and / or after the knitting.

Grumpy Dad:
Into Vietnamese
Nếu xe tải không có xe tải khi bắt đầu dốc sẽ lái xe ở tốc độ 20 m / h và rất nguy hiểm cho người lái xe và / hoặc sau khi đan.
Into Filipino
Kung ang trak ay walang trak sa pagsisimula ng rampa ay magmaneho sa bilis na 20 m / h at lubhang mapanganib sa driver at / o pagkatapos ng pagniniting.
And back into English
If the truck does not have a truck at the start of the ramp drive at a speed of 20 m / h and is extremely dangerous to the driver and / or after the knitting.

I’m glad you vacuumed that up for me :grimacing:

Andrejs:

the nodding donkey:
Why do these idiots in these big lorries drive so close behind me, when my car struggles to maintain traction and directional control?

Please thank you.

To many car in UK have 4 wheels and 4 different tyres.Sometime this tyres very ill.In some EU country have rules- in one axle must be same tyres with same picture.

To much EE driver in UK not speaky England good.And gave excrement view to English persons. And not well driver either, looking laptop, on phonski and drink Tyksi on way.

Thank you please.

AndrewG:

Carryfast:
Meanwhile the right cars in the hands of the right drivers no problem. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=DalYSIRU4rQ

Meanwhile all the rear drive Mercs/Lexus/ and BMW will be stuck just getting out of the driveway. Not that i see much but fwd car anyday in the snow…

As opposed to the old Zodiacs and Westminsters and even a few Anglias and Cortinas and not to mention the Morris pick up :smiley: on their old crossplies in the video hacking through the snow and the Minis parked up going nowhere because they won’t steer. :smiling_imp: Monte Carlo rally yes with super human drivers and maybe on studded tyres.On that note maybe you need to see what the rich set are all driving around Crans Montana and Davos over the winter it’s my bet it’ll rightly be mostly Mercs and BMW’s on the right tyres if not chains.Also had no problems with my old Triumph,Granadas and Jags during the 1970’s/80’s winters. :wink:

Seriously any marginal weight advantage over the front wheels of an fwd motor is outweighed by the fact that it can’t be steered when it inevitably loses any traction on slippery surfaces.

Also remember that some EE drivers are right handed…i often see this on back of trailer…caution right hand driver this could cause a problem if going uphill andrew in the snow with car in front going same direction but a lot slower, then truck driver needs to change gear, but he is in a right hand driver truck, and tries to open the door instead of changing down a gear and loses traction.

Btw, its law in the uk to have the same tread pattern on the same axle, cross ply or radials, they cannot be mixed but in europe, different rules, some countries insist on having snow chains, some cars must have snow tyres, different rules, but many countries in the EE dont have a real mot test do they…i know, as i`ve had one done with no checks on the lights, brakes or steering…let alone check the tyres,ha ha

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

the nodding donkey:
Why do these idiots in these big lorries drive so close behind me, when my car struggles to maintain traction and directional control?

Please thank you.

To many car in UK have 4 wheels and 4 different tyres.Sometime this tyres very ill.In some EU country have rules- in one axle must be same tyres with same picture.

To much EE driver in UK not speaky England good.And gave excrement view to English persons. And not well driver either, looking laptop, on phonski and drink Tyksi on way.

Thank you please.

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

belter…best yet.

another classic from google translate? my guess is…if you head up a hill empty at 20mph,your going to get stuck,as well as possibly jack knifing?
anyone else got a better version? :slight_smile:

[emoji23] these google translates are getting funnier by the day. [emoji23]

Grumpy Dad:
Into Vietnamese
Into Filipino
And back into English

It made more sense after being translated 3 times over just the once [emoji43]

truckyboy:
Also remember that some EE drivers are right handed…i often see this on back of trailer…caution right hand driver this could cause a problem if going uphill andrew in the snow with car in front going same direction but a lot slower, then truck driver needs to change gear, but he is in a right hand driver truck, and tries to open the door instead of changing down a gear and loses traction.

Btw, its law in the uk to have the same tread pattern on the same axle, cross ply or radials, they cannot be mixed but in europe, different rules, some countries insist on having snow chains, some cars must have snow tyres, different rules, but many countries in the EE dont have a real mot test do they…i know, as i`ve had one done with no checks on the lights, brakes or steering…let alone check the tyres,ha ha

In England mot rules for car not so strong.In most EE country Dulles more strong.To many British car easy can fail Mot in EE country but they can pass easy here.

Andrejs:

truckyboy:

In England mot rules for car not so strong.In most EE country Dulles more strong.To many British car easy can fail Mot in EE country but they can pass easy here.

Funny. So in EE very hard for car to pass test, but very easy for driver to drink and crash.

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

truckyboy:

Funny. So in EE very hard for car to pass test, but very easy for driver to drink and crash.

this is all depend from drivers responsibility.In UK as well plenty accident everyday.Some people drink and drive more or less.If all British peoplpeople angel that why so many people have point in licence and thousand people in prison?

Andrejs:

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

truckyboy:

this is all depend from drivers responsibility.In UK as well plenty accident everyday.Some people drink and drive more or less.If all British peoplpeople angel that why so many people have point in licence and thousand people in prison?

English people much drink in own country.
Nobody complain much of EE drive drinking Tykse in EE.

Thank you please.

Just to get back on thread here…
I remember a couple of years ago getting a dog’s slating off a couple of members for overtaking a long line of traffic sat in lane 1, on a bed of wet slush (which eventually prompted a long line of trucks following me) after coming on and asking what others would do.
Apparentlly I was crazy/agressive/bullying and all the rest of it for splashing slush over slow moving cars :neutral_face: although no probs arose from it.
If you deem it safe do it, if you don’t then don’t.
There is no set rule just judge the conditions on the day.

Andrew, our MOT is one of the strongest in europe…the EE one of the weakest…sorry but i have experienced it…many EE regulations are weak…look at how many were allowed to take a driving test in a farm tractor with a trailer behind it, then get licenced to driver 44 ton trucks…many came to the uk and caused havoc, and theyre still here causing havoc…sorry mate, but this is fact…so i wouldnt trust an EE MOT anymore than i would buying a bent one.

Yes, because there certainly are no grandfather rights in the UK, right?

I was once threatened to fail the MOT on my 1-year old Scania, that had only been serviced at Scania Lübeck. It was otherwise immaculate, but had too many spotlights on the roof.

Where in EE? Well does it matter, because what you’re saying is that it’s all the same?

All the cars you see in ditches and up banks were going faster than 20. I drive a heavy rear wheel drive car and it’s terrible in the snow, but I’ll never have a rta or ditch it because I know how to drive it. Yes that means generally slow in the snow, but also to get up a hill you do need to turn off the traction control and go into rally driver mode.